Professional sports facilities, teams and property values: Evidence from NBA team departures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Zimbalist & Judith Grant Long, 2006. "Facility Finance: Measurement, Trends, and Analysis," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(4), pages 201-211, November.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2010.
"Impact of sports arenas on land values: evidence from Berlin,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(2), pages 205-227, April.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2007. "Impact of Sports Arenas on Land Values: Evidence from Berlin," Working Papers 0703, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M. & Maennig, Wolfgang, 2010. "Impact of sports arenas on land values: evidence from Berlin," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25512, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gabriel Ahlfeldt & Wolfgang Maennig, 2007. "The Impact of Sports Arenas on Land Values: Evidence from Berlin," Working Papers 003, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Aju J. Fenn & John R. Crooker, 2009. "Estimating Local Welfare Generated by an NFL Team under Credible Threat of Relocation," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 198-223, July.
- Linn, Joshua, 2013.
"The effect of voluntary brownfields programs on nearby property values: Evidence from Illinois,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-18.
- Linn, Joshua, 2012. "The Effect of Voluntary Brownfields Programs on Nearby Property Values: Evidence from Illinois," Discussion Papers dp-12-35, Resources For the Future.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2001. "The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 6-21, February.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Raymond Owens, 2010. "Housing Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 118(3), pages 485-535, June.
- Gabriel M. Ahlfeldt & Georgios Kavetsos, 2012. "Outlook, Progress and Challenges of Stadium Evaluation," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 17 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Boualam, Brahim, 2014. "Does culture affect local productivity and urban amenities?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 12-17.
- BK. Johnson & JC. Whitehead, 2000. "Value of public goods from sports stadiums: the CVM approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Ahlfeldt, Gabriel M., 2011. "Blessing or curse? Appreciation, amenities and resistance to urban renewal," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 32-45, January.
- Kaitlyn Harger & Brad R. Humphreys & Amanda Ross, 2016. "Do New Sports Facilities Attract New Businesses?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 17(5), pages 483-500, June.
- R. Carter Hill & J. R. Knight & C. F. Sirmans, 1997. "Estimating Capital Asset Price Indexes," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 226-233, May.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-137, March.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Georgios Kavetsos, 2012. "The Impact of the London Olympics Announcement on Property Prices," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(7), pages 1453-1470, May.
- Lang, Corey, 2015. "The dynamics of house price responsiveness and locational sorting: Evidence from air quality changes," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 71-82.
- Lucas W. Davis, 2011. "The Effect of Power Plants on Local Housing Values and Rents," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1391-1402, November.
- Schuetz, Jenny, 2014. "Do art galleries stimulate redevelopment?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 59-72.
- Charles C. Tu, 2005. "How Does a New Sports Stadium Affect Housing Values? The Case of FedEx Field," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(3).
- Boualam, Brahim, 2014.
"Does culture affect local productivity and urban amenities?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 12-17.
- Brahim Boualam, 2014. "Does Culture Affect Local Productivity and Urban Amenities?," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 14012a, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Leigh Linden & Jonah E. Rockoff, 2008. "Estimates of the Impact of Crime Risk on Property Values from Megan's Laws," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1103-1127, June.
- repec:gen:geneem:14012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Humphreys, Brad R. & Zhou, Li, 2015. "Sports facilities, agglomeration, and public subsidies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 60-73.
- Humphreys, Brad R. & Zhou, Li, 2015. "Reference-dependent preferences, team relocations, and major league expansion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 10-25.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yulia Chikish & Brad R. Humphreys & Crocker H. Liu & Adam Nowak, 2017. "Professional Sports Events, Concerts, and Urban Place Based Policy: Evidence from the Staples Center," Working Papers 17-32, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:25:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11294-019-09723-w is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRepeat sales regression model; Property values; Professional sports; Local externalities;
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:39-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.