Does the housing market value energy efficient homes? Evidence from the energy star program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth A. Small & Kurt Van Dender, 2007.
"Fuel Efficiency and Motor Vehicle Travel: The Declining Rebound Effect,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 25-52.
- Kenneth A. Small & Kurt Van Dender, 2006. "Fuel Efficiency and Motor Vehicle Travel: The Declining Rebound Effect," Working Papers 050603, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Deng, Yongheng & Li, Zhiliang & Quigley, John M., 2012. "Economic returns to energy-efficient investments in the housing market: Evidence from Singapore," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 506-515.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1999.
"Measuring The Energy Savings From Home Improvement Investments: Evidence From Monthly Billing Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 516-528, August.
- Kevin A. Hassett & Gilbert E. Metcalf, 1997. "Measuring the Energy Savings from Home Improvements Investments: Evidence from Monthly Billing Data," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9701, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf & Kevin A. Hassett, 1997. "Measuring the Energy Savings from Home Improvement Investments: Evidence from Monthly Billing Data," NBER Working Papers 6074, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2010.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2492-2509, December.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009. "Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Bradford Case & Henry O. Pollakowski & Susan M. Wachter, 1991. "On Choosing Among House Price Index Methodologies," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 19(3), pages 286-307.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987.
"Prices of single-family homes since 1970: new indexes for four cities,"
New England Economic Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 45-56.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Prices of Single Family Homes Since 1970: New Indexes for Four Cities," NBER Working Papers 2393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Prices of Single Family Homes Since 1970: New Indexes for Four Cities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 851, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2003. "The return of centralization to Chicago: using repeat sales to identify changes in house price distance gradients," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 287-304, May.
- Pope, Jaren C., 2008. "Buyer information and the hedonic: The impact of a seller disclosure on the implicit price for airport noise," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 498-516, March.
- Walls, Margaret & Palmer, Karen & Gerarden, Todd, 2013. "Is Energy Efficiency Capitalized into Home Prices? Evidence from Three US Cities," Discussion Papers dp-13-18, Resources For the Future.
- Banfi, Silvia & Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo & Jakob, Martin, 2008.
"Willingness to pay for energy-saving measures in residential buildings,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 503-516, March.
- Silvia Banfi & Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Martin Jakob, 2005. "Willingness to Pay for Energy-Saving Measures in Residential Buildings," CEPE Working paper series 05-41, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Gilmer, Robert W., 1989. "Energy labels and economic search : An example from the residential real estate market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 213-218, July.
- Nevin, Rick & Watson, Gregory, 1998. "Evidence of rational market valuations for home energy efficiency," MPRA Paper 35343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Case, Bradford & Quigley, John M, 1991. "The Dynamics of Real Estate Prices," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 50-58, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Grant D. Jacobsen & Matthew J. Kotchen, 2013.
"Are Building Codes Effective at Saving Energy? Evidence from Residential Billing Data in Florida,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 34-49, March.
- Grant D. Jacobsen & Matthew J. Kotchen, 2010. "Are Building Codes Effective at Saving Energy? Evidence from Residential Billing Data in Florida," NBER Working Papers 16194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Follain, James R & Calhoun, Charles A, 1997. "Constructing Indices of the Price of Multifamily Properties Using the 1991 Residential Finance Survey," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 235-255, Jan.-Marc.
- Nicolai V. Kuminoff & Jaren C. Pope, 2014. "Do “Capitalization Effects” For Public Goods Reveal The Public'S Willingness To Pay?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55, pages 1227-1250, November.
- Matthew E. Kahn & Matthew J. Kotchen, 2010. "Environmental Concern and the Business Cycle: The Chilling Effect of Recession," NBER Working Papers 16241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1684-:d:148385 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zalejska Jonsson, Agnieszka, 2018. "The Relationship between Environmental Factors and Purchasing Decisions in the Residential Market," Working Paper Series 18/1, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Real Estate and Construction Management & Centre for Banking and Finance (cefin).
- Copiello, Sergio, 2017. "Building energy efficiency: A research branch made of paradoxes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1064-1076.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:36-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Huan & Carrión-Flores, Carmen E., 2017. "An analysis of the ENERGY STAR® program in Alachua County, Florida," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 98-108.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy star; Hedonic method; Housing prices; Repeat sales;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:57:y:2016:i:c:p:63-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .