Environmental Concern and the Business Cycle: The Chilling Effect of Recession
Download full text from publisher
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Google Trends Delivers a Verdict on Which Economist the Public Cares About
by Matthew E. Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2011-09-10 09:31:00
- A Response to Fellow Climate Change Nerds
by Matthew E. Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2010-12-29 03:18:00
- A Reply to a Smart Email About Rational Expectations and Climate Change Adaptation
by Matthew E. Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2010-12-19 01:00:00
- The Causes and Consequences of Environmentalism
by Matthew E. Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2010-08-25 06:03:00
- U.S High Carbon Exceptionalism
by Matthew E. Kahn in the reality-based community on 2011-10-16 20:07:41
- The EPAâs Challenge and the Rock & Roll Granny
by Matthew Kahn in the reality-based community on 2011-07-06 19:33:48
- Cap and Blame
by Matthew Kahn in the reality-based community on 2011-04-21 20:47:21
- Behavioral Economics and Climate Change
by Matthew E. Kahn in Legal Planet on 2012-04-09 05:03:20
- Theda Skocpol on Federal Carbon Policy Design
by Matthew E. Kahn in Legal Planet on 2013-01-19 23:07:47
- Are Recessions Good for the Environment? Evidence from Greece
by Matthew Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2014-01-03 06:31:00
- Google's Zeitgeist Update as of July 2015: Rising Interest in Gay Marriage and Declining Interest in Global Warming
by Matthew Kahn in Environmental and Urban Economics on 2015-07-16 01:28:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Busato, Francesco & Chiarini, Bruno & Cisco, Gianluigi & Ferrara, Maria, 2021. "Greta Thunberg effect and Business Cycle Dynamics: A DSGE model," MPRA Paper 110141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chonnikarn Fern Jira & Michael W. Toffel, 2011. "Engaging Supply Chains in Climate Change," Harvard Business School Working Papers 12-026, Harvard Business School, revised Oct 2012.
- Ralf Barkemeyer & Frank Figge & Andreas Hoepner & Diane Holt & Johannes Marcelus Kraak & Pei-Shan Yu, 2017. "Media coverage of climate change: An international comparison," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 35(6), pages 1029-1054, September.
- A. Mantovani & C. Vergari, 2013. "Hedonic vs Environmental Quality: Which Policy Can Help in Lowering Pollution Emissions?," Working Papers wp906, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Robert Brulle & Jason Carmichael & J. Jenkins, 2012. "Shifting public opinion on climate change: an empirical assessment of factors influencing concern over climate change in the U.S., 2002–2010," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 169-188, September.
- Fankhauser, Sam & Gennaioli, Caterina & Collins, Murray, 2015. "The political economy of passing climate change legislation: evidence from a survey," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63352, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Shaikh Eskander & Sam Fankhauser & Joana Setzer, 2021.
"Global Lessons from Climate Change Legislation and Litigation,"
Environmental and Energy Policy and the Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 44-82.
- Shaikh Eskander & Sam Fankhauser & Joana Setzer, 2020. "Global Lessons from Climate Change Legislation and Litigation," NBER Chapters, in: Environmental and Energy Policy and the Economy, volume 2, pages 44-82, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shaikh M. Eskander & Sam Fankhauser & Joana Setzer, 2020. "Global Lessons from Climate Change Legislation and Litigation," NBER Working Papers 27365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tefft, Nathan, 2011. "Insights on unemployment, unemployment insurance, and mental health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 258-264, March.
- Parag A. Pathak & Alvin E. Roth, 2013.
"Matching with Couples: Stability and Incentives in Large Markets,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(4), pages 1585-1632.
- Fuhito Kojima & Parag A. Pathak & Alvin E. Roth, 2010. "Matching with Couples: Stability and Incentives in Large Markets," NBER Working Papers 16028, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuhito Kojima & Parag Pathak & Alvin Roth, 2013. "Matching with Couples: Stability and Incentives in Large Markets," Discussion Papers 12-018, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Okmyung Bin & Jeffrey Czajkowski & Jingyuan Li & Gabriele Villarini, 2017. "Housing Market Fluctuations and the Implicit Price of Water Quality: Empirical Evidence from a South Florida Housing Market," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 68(2), pages 319-341, October.
- Fayaz Farkhad, Bita & Albarracín, Dolores, 2021. "Insights on the implications of COVID-19 mitigation measures for mental health," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
- Gary D. Libecap, 2014. "Addressing Global Environmental Externalities: Transaction Costs Considerations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(2), pages 424-479, June.
- Turaga, Rama Mohana, 2015. "Does Economy Matter for Public Support for Environmental Protection? Evidence from India," IIMA Working Papers WP2015-03-40, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Herrnstadt, Evan & Muehlegger, Erich, 2014.
"Weather, salience of climate change and congressional voting,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 435-448.
- Herrnstadt, Evan & Muehlegger, Erich, 2013. "Weather, Salience of Climate Change and Congressional Voting," Working Paper Series rwp13-023, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bruegge, Chris & Carrión-Flores, Carmen & Pope, Jaren C., 2016. "Does the housing market value energy efficient homes? Evidence from the energy star program," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 63-76.
- Jacobsen, Grant D., 2013. "Do economic conditions influence environmental policy? Evidence from the US Senate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 167-170.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Loomis, John, 2017. "How Sensitive Are Environmental Valuations To Economic Downturns?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 235-240.
- Andersson, Malin & Baccianti, Claudio & Morgan, Julian, 2020. "Climate change and the macro economy," Occasional Paper Series 243, European Central Bank.
- Shkarlet, Serhiy & Petrakov, Iaroslav, 2013. "Environmental Taxation Evolution in Ukraine: Trends, Challenges and Outlook," MPRA Paper 45168, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 May 2013.
- Gary D. Libecap, 2013. "Addressing Global Environmental Externalities: Transaction Costs Considerations," NBER Working Papers 19501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nils Kok & Marquise McGraw & John Quigley, 2012. "The diffusion over time and space of energy efficiency in building," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(2), pages 541-564, April.
More about this item
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.