Journal of Economic Theory
1993, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 230-261 Sustainable Plans and Debt
by Chari V. V. & Kehoe Patrick J.
- 262-289 Generalized Median Voter Schemes and Committees
by Barbera Salvador & Gul Faruk & Stacchetti Ennio
- 290-301 The Simplest Equilibrium of a Majority-Rule Division Game
by Baron David & Kalai Ehud
- 302-330 Principals Competing for an Agent in the Presence of Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard
by Biglaiser Gary & Mezzetti Claudio
- 331-371 The First-Order Approach to the Continuous-Time Principal-Agent Problem with Exponential Utility
by Schattler Heinz & Sung Jaeyoung
- 372-394 Measuring Social Mobility
by Dardanoni Valentino
- 395-411 On the Convergence of Informational Cascades
by Lee In Ho
- 412-422 Comparative Statics under Uncertainty for a Class of Economic Agents
by Ormiston Michael B. & Schlee Edward E.
- 423-435 Stationary Equilibria in an Overlapping Generations Economy with Stochastic Production
by Wang Yong
1993, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-22 Dynamically Consistent Beliefs Must Be Bayesian
by Epstein Larry G. & Le Breton Michel
- 23-41 Implementation of First-Best Allocations via Generalized Tax Schedules
by Piketty Thomas
- 42-73 Efficiency and Renegotiation in Repeated Games
by Bergin James & MacLeod W. Bentley
- 74-103 Expectationally Driven Market Volatility: An Experimental Study
by Marimon Ramon & Spear Stephen E. & Sunder Shyam
- 104-119 Preemptive Innovation
by Lippman Steven A. & Mamer John W.
- 120-138 The Demand for Housing: Theoretical Considerations
by Dusansky Richard & Wilson Paul W.
- 139-159 Lp-Frechet Differentiable Preference and Local Utility Analysis
by Wang Tan
- 160-168 Finite Automata Play a Repeated Extensive Game
by Piccione Michele & Rubinstein Ariel
- 169-183 Ignorance in Agency Problems
by Lewis Tracy R. & Sappington David E. M.
- 184-184 Erratum: Volume 57, Number 1 (1992), in the article Savage's Theorem with a Finite Number of States, by Faruk Gul, pages 99-110
by Gul Faruk
1993, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 217-240 Renegotiation and Symmetry in Repeated Games
by Abrea Dilip & Pearce David & Stacchetti Ennio
- 241-276 Belief-Based Refinements in Signalling Games
by Mailath George J. & Okuno-Fujiwara Masahiro & Postlewaite Andrew
- 277-305 Adverse Selection in the Overlapping Generations Model: The Case of Pure Exchange
by Azariadis Costas & Smith Bruce D.
- 306-321 Deadline Effects and Inefficient Delay in Bargaining with Endogenous Commitment
by Fershtman Chaim & Seidmann Daniel J.
- 322-334 Social Welfare and Measurement of Segregation
by Philipson Tomas
- 335-353 Noncooperative Equilibrium and Chamberlinian Monopolistic Competition
by Pascoa Mario Rui
- 354-377 A Model of Choice Where Choice Is Determined by an Ordered Set of Irreducible Criteria
by Moldau Juan Hersztajn
- 378-409 An Elementary Approach to Approximate Equilibria with Infinitely Many Commodities
by Nomura Yoshimasa
- 410-427 Coalitions, Incentives, and Risk Sharing
by Itoh Hideshi
- 428-438 Subjective Expected Utility Theory with State-Dependent Preferences
by Karni Edi
- 439-442 Convexity and Sunspots: Another Remark
by Sorger Gerhard
1993, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-13 Logical Structure of Common Knowledge
by Shin Hyun Song
- 14-41 Non-transitive Smooth Preferences
by Al-Najjar Nabil
- 42-61 How Different Can Strategic Models Be?
by Dutta Prajit K. & Sundaram Rangarajan K.
- 62-82 Stable Coalition Structures with a Unidimensional Set of Alternatives
by Greenberg Joseph & Weber Shlomo
- 83-113 The Use of an Agent in a Signalling Model
by Caillaud Bernard & Hermalin Benjamin
- 114-139 Commitment through Incomplete Information in a Simple Repeated Bargaining Game
by Schmidt Klaus M.
- 140-158 Search Market Equilibrium, Bilateral Heterogeneity, and Repeat Purchases
by Benabou Roland
- 159-180 An Axiomatic Foundation for Regret Theory
by Sugden Robert
- 181-190 Sunspot Equilibria and Efficiency in Economies with Incomplete Financial Markets: A Remark
by Pietra Tito
- 191-212 The Declining Price Anomaly
by McAfee R. Preston & Vincent Daniel
1993, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 239-256 Trembling Invisible Hand Equilibrium
by Levine David K.
- 257-274 Common Belief and the Theory of Games with Perfect Information
by Reny Philip J.
- 275-287 The Timing of Information in a General Equilibrium Framework
by Berk Jonathan B. & Uhlig Harald
- 288-310 The Organization and Scope of Agents: Regulating Multiproduct Industries
by Dana Jr. James D.
- 311-323 Double Implementation in Nash and Undominated Nash Equilibria
by Yamato Takehiko
- 324-332 Fixed Agenda Social Choice Theory: Correspondence and Impossibility Theorems for Social Choice Correspondences and Social Decision Functions
by Denicolo Vincenzo
- 333-363 The Local Recoverability of Risk Aversion and Intertemporal Substitution
by Wang Susheng
- 364-384 Competitive Equilibrium in Sobolev Spaces without Bounds on Short Sales
by Chichilnisky Graciela & Heal Geoffrey M.
- 385-402 Optimal Information Acquisition for Heterogenous Duopoly Firms
by Hwang Hae-shin
- 403-416 Experience Advantages and Entry Dynamics
by Cabral Luis M. B.
- 417-425 Core Equivalence in an Overlapping Generations Model
by Chae Suchan & Esteban Joan
- 426-444 The Proportional Solution for Economies with Both Private and Public Ownership
by Roemer John E. & Silvestre Joaquim
- 445-450 Endogenous Firm Efficiency in a Cournot Principal-Agent Model
by Martin Stephen
- 451-465 The Possibility of Efficient Mechanisms for Trading an Indivisible Object
by Makowski Louis & Mezzetti Claudio
1993, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-16 Cournot Competition, Forward Markets and Efficiency
by Allaz Blaise & Vila Jean-Luc
- 17-32 Repeated Games with Finite Automata
by Ben-Porath Elchanan
- 33-49 Updating Ambiguous Beliefs
by Gilboa Itzhak & Schmeidler David
- 50-77 A Non-cooperative Bargaining Model with Strategically Timed Offers
by Perry Motty & Reny Philip J.
- 78-95 Delay in Bargaining Games with Complete Information
by Sakovics Jozsef
- 96-106 The Inner Core and the Strictly Inhibitive Set
by Qin Cheng-Zhong
- 107-121 Bayesian Monotonicity with Side Payments
by Matsushima Hitoshi
- 122-144 Existence and Characterization of Optimal Employment Contracts on a Continuous State Space
by Kahn Charles M.
- 145-168 An Evolutionary Model of Bargaining
by Young H. P.
- 169-182 Endogenous Sequencing of Firm Decisions
by Mailath George J.
- 183-188 A Unifying Approach to Axiomatic Non-expected Utility Theories: Correction and Comment
by Hong Chew Soo & Epstein Larry G. & Wakker Peter
- 189-198 Hierarchies of Beliefs and Common Knowledge
by Brandenburger Adam & Dekel Eddie
- 199-213 The Integrability Problem of Asset Prices
by Wang Susheng
- 214-221 The Value of Money in an Overlapping Generations Model: A Note
by Burnell Stephen J.
- 222-234 Monopoly Pricing
by Spulber Daniel F.
1992, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 117-134 Introduction: Symposium on economic growth, theory and computations
by Jones, Larry E. & Stokey, Nancy L.
- 135-170 Random earnings differences, lifetime liquidity constraints, and altruistic intergenerational transfers
by Laitner, John
- 171-197 Finite lifetimes and growth
by Jones, Larry E. & Manuelli, Rodolfo E.
- 198-218 Dynamic externalities, multiple equilibria, and growth
by Boldrin, Michele
- 219-249 Communication, commitment, and growth
by Marcet, Albert & Marimon, Ramon
- 250-289 Optimal fiscal policy in a stochastic growth model
by Zhu, Xiaodong
- 290-316 Tax distortions in a neoclassical monetary economy
by Cooley, Thomas F. & Hansen, Gary D.
- 317-334 Agricultural productivity, comparative advantage, and economic growth
by Matsuyama, Kiminori
- 335-354 The last shall be first: Efficient constraints on foreign borrowing in a model of endogenous growth
by Chamley, Christophe
- 355-376 Efficient equilibrium convergence: Heterogeneity and growth
by Tamura, Robert
- 377-409 In search of scale effects in trade and growth
by Backus, David K. & Kehoe, Patrick J. & Kehoe, Timothy J.
- 410-452 Projection methods for solving aggregate growth models
by Judd, Kenneth L.
1992, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-8 The set of regular equilibria
by Balasko, Yves
- 9-40 Evolution and market behavior
by Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David
- 41-60 Entry and R & D in procurement contracting
by Tan, Guofu
- 61-76 The impossibility of involuntary unemployment in an overlapping generations model with rational expectations
by Schultz, Christian
- 77-92 Sustained growth in the model of overlapping generations
by Fisher, Eric ON.
- 93-104 Fully revealing outcomes in signalling models: An example of nonexistence when the type space is unbounded
by Hellwig, Martin
- 105-109 Equilibrium of repeated games with cost of implementation
by Neme, Alejandro & Quintas, Luis
- 110-111 Corrigendum
by Rabin, Matthew
- 112-113 Corrigendum
by Berliant, Marcus & Raa, Thijs ten
1992, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 259-277 Introduction: Symposium on evolutionary game theory
by Mailath, George J.
- 278-305 Evolutionary stability in repeated games played by finite automata
by Binmore, Kenneth G. & Samuelson, Larry
- 306-332 Evolutionary stability with equilibrium entrants
by Swinkels, Jeroen M.
- 333-342 Evolution and strategic stability: From maynard smith to kohlberg and mertens
by Swinkels, Jeroen M.
- 343-362 Best response dynamics and socially stable strategies
by Matsui, Akihiko
- 363-391 Evolutionary stability in asymmetric games
by Samuelson, Larry & Zhang, Jianbo
- 392-406 On the evolution of optimizing behavior
by Dekel, Eddie & Scotchmer, Suzanne
- 407-419 On the limit points of discrete selection dynamics
by Cabrales, Antonio & Sobel, Joel
- 420-441 Evolutionary dynamics with aggregate shocks
by Fudenberg, D. & Harris, C.
- 442-472 Average behavior in learning models
by Canning, David
- 473-504 Laws of large numbers for dynamical systems with randomly matched individuals
by Boylan, Richard T.
1992, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 235-265 Maximal strategy sets for continuous-time game theory
by Stinchcombe, Maxwell B.
- 266-293 Amicable divorce: Dissolving a partnership with simple mechanisms
by Preston McAfee, R.
- 294-312 Differentiability, comparative statics, and non-expected utility preferences
by Hong, Chew Soo & Nishimura, Naoko
- 313-337 Many good choice Axioms: When can many-good lotteries be treated as money lotteries?
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 338-351 Many good risks: An interpretation of multivariate risk and risk aversion without the Independence axiom
by Grant, Simon & Kajii, Atsushi & Polak, Ben
- 352-377 Stochastic dominance under Bayesian learning
by Bikhchandani, Sushil & Segal, Uzi & Sharma, Sunil
- 378-399 Dominant strategy implementation of Bayesian incentive compatible allocation rules
by Mookherjee, Dilip & Reichelstein, Stefan
- 400-425 Decentralized dynamic processes for finding equilibrium
by Reiter, Stanley & Simon, Carl P.
- 426-433 On nonstandard nontransitive additive utility
by Fishburn, Peter C.
- 434-450 A dominant strategy double auction
by McAfee, R. Preston
- 451-467 Utility functionals with nonpaternalistic intergenerational altruism: The case where altruism extends to many generations
by Hori, Hajime
1992, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-19 Signed orders and power set extensions
by Fishburn, Peter C.
- 20-42 Revealed preference, stochastic dominance, and the expected utility hypothesis
by Border, Kim C.
- 43-69 Licensing and the sharing of knowledge in research joint ventures
by Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Glazer, Jacob & Sappington, David E. M.
- 70-88 Implementation via backward induction
by JoseHerrero, Maria & Srivastava, Sanjay
- 89-99 Additively separable representations on non-convex sets
by Segal, Uzi
- 100-120 Approximately rational consumer demand and ville cycles
by Jerison, David & Jerison, Michael
- 121-141 On income taxation and the core
by Berliant, Marcus
- 142-159 A social choice rule and its implementation in perfect equilibrium
by Howard, J. V.
- 160-179 On the minimum rate of impatience for complicated optimal growth paths
by Sorger, Gerhard
- 180-193 Finite automata equilibria with discounting
by Piccione, Michele
- 194-205 A generalization of Scarf's theorem: An [alpha]-core existence theorem without transitivity or completeness
by Kajii, Atsushi
- 206-217 The connectedness of the set of equilibrium money prices depends on the choice of the numeraire
by Garratt, Rod
- 218-227 Consistency and characterization of the core of two-sided matching problems
by Sasaki, Hiroo & Toda, Manabu
- 228-232 Why are idiosyncratic goods produced to order?
by Seidmann, Daniel J.
1991, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 229-246 Existence and dynamic consistency of Nash equilibrium with non-expected utility preferences
by Dekel, Eddie & Safra, Zvi & Segal, Uzi
- 247-273 Refining cheap-talk equilibria
by Matthews, Steven A. & Okuno-Fujiwara, Masahiro & Postlewaite, Andrew
- 274-295 Speculation and price fluctuations with private, extrinsic signals
by Jackson, Matthew & Peck, James
- 296-322 Efficiency in partnerships
by Legros, Patrick & Matsushima, Hitoshi
- 323-339 Vintage capital, investment, and growth
by Benhabib, Jess & Rustichini, Aldo
- 340-363 Optimal consumption-portfolio policies: A convergence from discrete to continuous time models
by He, Hua
- 364-399 Implicit separability: Characterisation and implications for consumer demands
by Blackorby, Charles & Davidson, Russell & Schworm, William
- 400-415 Core convergence without monotone preferences and free disposal
by Manelli, Alejandro M.
- 416-427 Learning in mis-specified models and the possibility of cycles
by Nyarko, Yaw
- 428-434 Correlated equilibria and evolutionary stability
by Cripps, Martin
- 435-440 Increases in risk and deductible insurance
by Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris
- 441-448 Cournot duopoly with two production periods and cost differentials
by Pal, Debashis
- 449-454 The optimal lifetime of capital equipment
by van Hilten, Onno
1991, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-16 Characterizing efficiency in stochastic overlapping generations models
by Zilcha, Itzhak
- 17-40 Efficient trading mechanisms with pre-play communication
by Palfrey, Thomas R. & Srivastava, Sanjay
- 41-63 Ex ante incentive efficient trading mechanisms without the private valuation restriction
by Gresik, Thomas A.
- 64-94 What do discounted optima converge to?: A theory of discount rate asymptotics in economic models
by Dutta, Prajit K.
- 95-120 On the continuum approach of spatial and some local public goods or product differentiation models: Some problems
by Berliant, Marcus & ten Raa, Thijs
- 121-144 On the existence of a technical efficiency criterion
by Dmitruk, Andrei V. & Koshevoy, Gleb A.
- 145-160 Global measures of risk aversion
by Bardsley, Peter
- 161-168 Stochastic dynamic models with stock-dependent rewards
by Nyarko, Yaw & Olson, Lars J.
- 169-179 Continuity in auction design
by Robert, Jacques
- 180-191 The dynamics of competitive equilibrium allocations with borrowing constraints
by Hernandez D, Alejandro
- 192-202 Posterior-preserving information improvements and principal-agent relationships
by Singh, Nirvikar
- 203-212 Incentive compatibility and individual rationality in public good economies
by Saijo, Tatsuyoshi
- 213-219 Multitrade bargaining
by Bae, Hyung
- 220-225 Note on Roemer's indecomposability
by Choliz, JulioSanchez
1991, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 245-258 Cheap-talk and cooperation in a society
by Matsui, Akihiko
- 259-304 Consumption and portfolio policies with incomplete markets and short-sale constraints: The infinite dimensional case
by He, Hua & Pearson, Neil D.
- 305-320 Equilibria with options: Existence and indeterminacy
by Krasa, Stefan & Werner, Jan
- 321-337 Welfare bounds in the fair division problem
by Moulin, Herve
- 338-349 Nonhomothetic preferences and exact price index numbers
by Bossert, Walter & Pfingsten, Andreas
- 350-371 Unjust intergenerational allocations
by Asheim, Geir B.
- 372-388 Temporary transfers in a simple dynamic general equilibrium model
by Yano, Makoto
- 389-400 Comparative statics in matching markets
by Crawford, Vincent P.
- 401-408 Atemporal dynamic consistency and expected utility theory
by Karni, Edi & Schmeidler, David
- 409-416 Existence of Lindahl equilibria in economies with nonconvex production sets
by Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc
- 417-428 Sustainable oligopolies
by Demange, Gabrielle & Henriet, Dominique
- 429-447 Common-value auctions with discrete private information
by Wang, Ruqu
- 448-459 Class shares and economies of scope
by Arzac, Enrique R.
- 460-467 Continuity of optima
by Mandy, David M.
1991, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-25 Gross substitutability in large-square economies
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Levine, David K. & Mas-Colell, Andreu & Woodford, Michael
- 26-47 An approximate folk theorem with imperfect private information
by Fudenberg, Drew & Levine, David K.
- 48-68 Correlated equilibrium in games with type-dependent strategies
by Cotter, Kevin D.
- 69-83 Dominant root characterization of Pareto optimality and the existence of optimal equilibria in stochastic overlapping generations models
by Rao Aiyagari, S. & Peled, Dan
- 84-97 Fiat money in a pairwise-trading, multi-good, overlapping generations model
by Maeda, Yasuo
- 98-105 Revealed preference and intransitive indifference
by Gensemer, Susan H.
- 106-123 A local independence condition for characterization of Walrasian allocations rule
by Nagahisa, Ryo-ichi
- 124-147 On the competitive pressure created by the diffusion of innovations
by Mookherjee, Dilip & Ray, Debraj
- 148-164 Asset trading mechanisms and expansionary policy
by Levine, David K.
- 165-179 Pareto irrelevant externalities
by Parks, Robert P.
- 180-197 The equivalence of core and cost share equilibria in an economy with a public good
by Weber, Shlomo & Wiesmeth, Hans
- 198-203 Incentive compatible mechanisms with full transferability
by Matsushima, Hitoshi
- 204-214 A note on cost-share equilibrium and owner-consumers
by Mas-Colell, Andreu & Silvestre, Joaquim
- 215-223 Growth, externalities, and sunspots
by Spear, Stephen E.
- 224-233 Transversality condition and optimality in a class of infinite horizon continuous time economic models
by Leung, Siu Fai
- 234-238 On the feasibility of maximal collusion
by Segerstrom, Paul S.
- 239-240 Corrigendum
by Greenberg, Joseph
1991, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 215-235 A contribution to the pure theory of money
by Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall
- 236-260 Perfect Bayesian equilibrium and sequential equilibrium
by Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean
- 261-286 Corporate financial hedging with proprietary information
by DeMarzo, Peter M. & Duffie, Darrell
- 287-303 Testing strictly concave rationality
by Matzkin, Rosa L. & Richter, Marcel K.
- 304-327 Seasonal patterns of futures hedging and the resolution of output uncertainty
by Hirshleifer, David
- 328-344 Linear measures of inequality for cooperative games
by Einy, Ezra & Peleg, Bezalel
- 345-368 An axiomatic characterization of some measures of unfairness
by David Promislow, S.
- 369-395 Micro adjustment toward long-term equilibrium
by Dumenil, Gerard & Levy, Dominique
- 396-427 Social welfare functions on restricted economic domains
by Redekop, James
- 428-438 On the dispensability of public randomization in discounted repeated games
by Fudenberg, Drew & Maskin, Eric
- 439-451 Existence of sunspot equilibrium and absence of non-sunspot equilibria in a financial economy
by Pietra, Tito
1991, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-11 A new approach to the existence of equilibria in vector lattices
by Mas-Colell, Andreu & Richard, Scott F.
- 12-50 The economics of orchards: An exercise in point-input, flow-output capital theory
by Mitra, Tapan & Ray, Debraj & Roy, Rahul
- 51-74 Efficient allocation with continuous quantities
by McAfee, R. Preston
- 75-100 Rank- and sign-dependent linear utility models for binary gambles
by Luce, R. Duncan
- 101-130 Equilibria in open common value auctions
by Bikhchandani, Sushil & Riley, John G.