Decreasing impatience and the magnitude effect jointly contradict exponential discounting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jawwad Noor, 2007. "Hyperbolic Discounting and the Standard Model," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-028, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2008. "Eliciting Risk and Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 583-618, May.
- Fishburn, Peter C & Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Time Preference," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 677-694, October.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Zhou Zhou, 2017. "The Optimal Equilibrium for Time-Inconsistent Stopping Problems -- the Discrete-Time Case," Papers 1707.04981, arXiv.org, revised May 2018.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Adrien Nguyen-Huu, 2018.
"Time-consistent stopping under decreasing impatience,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 69-95, January.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Adrien Nguyen-Huu, 2017.
"Time-consistent stopping under decreasing impatience
[Arrêt temporellement cohérent sous impatience décroissante]," Working Papers hal-01116414, HAL.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Adrien Nguyen-Huu, 2017. "Time-consistent stopping under decreasing impatience
More about this item
KeywordsTime preference Preference reversals Decreasing impatience Magnitude effect DU anomalies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:144:y:2009:i:2:p:869-875. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.