Decreasing impatience and the magnitude effect jointly contradict exponential discounting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2008. "Eliciting Risk and Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 583-618, May.
- Fishburn, Peter C & Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Time Preference," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 677-694, October.
- Jawwad Noor, 2007. "Hyperbolic Discounting and the Standard Model," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-028, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Zhou Zhou, 2017. "Optimal Equilibrium for Time-Inconsistent Stopping Problems -- the Discrete-Time Case," Papers 1707.04981, arXiv.org.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Adrien Nguyen-Huu, 2018.
"Time-consistent stopping under decreasing impatience,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 69-95, January.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Adrien Nguyen-Huu, 2017.
"Time-consistent stopping under decreasing impatience
[Arrêt temporellement cohérent sous impatience décroissante]," Working Papers hal-01116414, HAL.
- Yu-Jui Huang & Adrien Nguyen-Huu, 2017. "Time-consistent stopping under decreasing impatience
More about this item
KeywordsTime preference Preference reversals Decreasing impatience Magnitude effect DU anomalies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jetheo:v:144:y:2009:i:2:p:869-875. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622869 .