Citations for "Raising primary school enrolment in developing countries: The relative importance of supply and demand"
by Handa, Sudhanshu
- Irving Rosales, 2013. "Learn, sweat or steal: a theory of development and the activity of children," Working Papers 0613, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Mejía & Marc St-Pierre, "undated".
"Unequal Opportunities and Human Capital Formation,"
Borradores de Economia
415, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Daniel Mejía & Marc St-Pierre, 2005. "Unequal Opportunities and Human Capital Formation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1383, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marc St-Pierre & Daniel Mejia, 2004. "Unequal opportunities and human capital formation," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 188, Econometric Society.
- Daniel Mejía & Marc St-Pierre, 2006. "Unequal Opportunities and Human Capital Formation," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003737, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Kondylis, Florence & Manacorda, Marco, 2010.
"School Proximity and Child Labor: Evidence from Rural Tanzania,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7890, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Florence Kondylis & Marco Manacorda, 2012. "School Proximity and Child Labor: Evidence from Rural Tanzania," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(1), pages 32-63.
- Florence Kondylis & Marco Manacorda, 2010. "School Proximity and Child Labor Evidence from Rurul Tanzania," CEP Discussion Papers dp1035, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ellen Webbink & Jeroen Smits & Eelke Jong, 2013. "Household and Context Determinants of Child Labor in 221 Districts of 18 Developing Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 819-836, January.
- Orazem, Peter & King, Elizabeth M., 2008.
"Schooling in Developing Countries: The Roles of Supply, Demand and Government Policy,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
12838, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Orazem, Peter F. & King, Elizabeth M., 2008. "Schooling in Developing Countries: The Roles of Supply, Demand and Government Policy," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- John A. Maluccio & Alexis Murphy & Ferdinando Regalia, 2009. "Does Supply Matter? Initial Supply Conditions and the Effectiveness of Conditional Cash Transfers for Grade Progression in Nicaragua," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0908, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- David K. Evans & Arkadipta Ghosh, 2008. "Prioritizing Educational Investments in Children in the Developing World," Working Papers 587, RAND Corporation.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:wps/2006-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lay, Jann, 2010.
"MDG achievements, determinants and resource needs : what has been learnt ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5320, The World Bank.
- Jann Lay, 2010. "MDG Achievements, Determinants, and Resource Needs: What Has Been Learnt?," GIGA Working Paper Series 137, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Filmer, Deon, 2004.
"If you build it, will they come? School availability and school enrollment in 21 poor countries,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3340, The World Bank.
- Deon Filmer, 2007. "If you build it, will they come? School availability and school enrolment in 21 poor countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 901-928.
- Heinrich, Carolyn J., 2007. "Demand and Supply-Side Determinants of Conditional Cash Transfer Program Effectiveness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 121-143, January.
- Marine de Talancé, 2016. "Quality perceptions and school choice in rural Pakistan," Working Papers DT/2016/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Banerjee, Moulinath & Mukherjee, Debasri & Mishra, Santosh, 2009. "Semiparametric binary regression models under shape constraints with an application to Indian schooling data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(2), pages 101-117, April.
- Dana Burde & Leigh L. Linden, 2012.
"The Effect of Village-Based Schools: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial in Afghanistan,"
NBER Working Papers
18039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burde, Dana & Linden, Leigh L., 2012. "The Effect of Village-Based Schools: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial in Afghanistan," IZA Discussion Papers 6531, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Namrata Gulati & Tridip Ray, 2011. "Inequality, neighbourhoods and welfare of the poor," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 11-07, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Elena Del Rey & Fernanda Estevan, 2011.
"Conditional Cash Transfers and Education Quality in the Presence of Credit Constraints,"
1108E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Del Rey, Elena & Estevan, Fernanda, 2013. "Conditional cash transfers and education quality in the presence of credit constraints," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 76-84.
- Goensch, Iris, 2013. "Does the availability of secondary schools increase primary schooling? Empirical evidence from northern Senegal," Discussion Papers 63, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Murat G. Kırdar & Meltem Dayıoğlu & İsmet Koç, 2016.
"Does Longer Compulsory Education Equalize Schooling by Gender and Rural/Urban Residence?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 30(3), pages 549-579.
- Kirdar, Murat G. & Dayioglu-Tayfur, Meltem & Koc, Ismet, 2014. "Does Longer Compulsory Education Equalize Schooling by Gender and Rural/Urban Residence?," IZA Discussion Papers 7939, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham, 2012.
"Does Access to Secondary Education Affect Primary Schooling? Evidence from India,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6507, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham, 2016. "Does access to secondary education affect primary schooling? Evidence from India," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 124-142.
- Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay & Soham Sahoo, 2012. "Does Access to Secondary Education Affect Primary Schooling? Evidence from India," Working Papers id:5044, eSocialSciences.
- Lincove, Jane Arnold, 2009. "Determinants of schooling for boys and girls in Nigeria under a policy of free primary education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 474-484, August.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2004.
"The Long Walk to School: International education goals in historical perspective,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Michael Clemens, 2004. "The Long Walk to School: International Education Goals in Historical Perspective," Working Papers 37, Center for Global Development.
- Simler, Kenneth R. & Nhate, Virgulino, 2005. "Poverty, inequality, and geographic targeting: Evidence from Small-Area Estimates in Mozambique," FCND discussion papers 192, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fatoke-Dato, Mafaïzath A., 2015. "Impact of an educational demand-and-supply policy on girls' education in West Africa: Heterogeneity in income, school environment and ethnicity," BERG Working Paper Series 101, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
- Nazmul Chaudhury & Luc Christiaensen & Mohammad Niaz Asadullah, 2006. "Schools, Household, Risk, and Gender: Determinants of Child Schooling in Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2006-06, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Gulati, Namrata & Ray, Tridip, 2016. "Inequality, neighbourhoods and welfare of the poor," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 214-228.
- Amanda Glassman & Jessica Todd, 2007. "Performance-Based Incentives for Health: Conditional Cash Transfer Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean," Working Papers 120, Center for Global Development.
- Lincove, Jane Arnold, 2012. "The influence of price on school enrollment under Uganda's policy of free primary education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 799-811.
- Huisman, Janine & Smits, Jeroen, 2009. "Effects of Household- and District-Level Factors on Primary School Enrollment in 30 Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 179-193, January.
- Lincove, Jane Arnold, 2015. "Improving Identification of Demand-Side Obstacles to Schooling: Findings from Revealed and Stated Preference Models in Two SSA Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 69-83.
- F.Rosati & M. Rossi, 2007. "Impact of school quality on child labor and school attendance: the case of CONAFE Compensatory Education Program in Mexico," UCW Working Paper 21, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Michele Di Maio & Roberto Nisticò, 2016. "Effect of Parental Job Loss on Child School Dropout: Evidence from the Palestinian Occupied Territories," CSEF Working Papers 456, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Li, Li & Liu, Haoming, 2014. "Primary school availability and middle school education in rural China," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 24-40.
- Susan Anderson & Peter Boettke, 2004. "The Development Set: The Character of the _Journal of Development Economics_ 2002," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 306-318, August.