Citations for "What Weight Should Be Given to Asset Prices in the Measurement of Inflation?"
by Goodhart, Charles
- Angelo Reati & Jan Toporowski, 2004. "An economic policy for the fifth long wave," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(231), pages 395-437.
- Abdelaziz Rouabah, 2006. "L'identité de Fisher et l'interaction entre l'inflation et la rentabilité des actions: l'importance des régimes sous-jacents aux marchés boursiers," BCL working papers 18, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- P. Siklos & M. Bohl, 2006.
"Asset Prices as Indicators of Euro Area Monetary Policy: An Empirical Assessment of Their Role in a Taylor Rule,"
eg0053, Wilfrid Laurier University, Department of Economics, revised 2006.
- Pierre Siklos & Martin Bohl, 2009. "Asset Prices as Indicators of Euro Area Monetary Policy: An Empirical Assessment of Their Role in a Taylor Rule," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 39-59, February.
- Pierre L. Siklos & Martin T. Bohl, 2007. "Asset Prices as Indicators of Euro Area Monetary Policy: An Empirical Assessment of Their Role in a Taylor Rule," Working Paper Series 32-07, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jul 2007.
- Silvia Sgherri, 2008.
"Explicit and implicit targets in open economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(8), pages 969-980.
- Matthew Greenwood-Nimmo & Artur Tarassow, 2013. "A Macroeconometric Assessment of Minsky’s Financial Instability Hypothesis," Macroeconomics and Finance Series 201306, Hamburg University, Department Wirtschaft und Politik.
- Li, Chuan-Zhong & Löfgren, Karl-Gustaf, 2004. "The Role of the Hamiltonian in Dynamic Price Index Theory," Umeå Economic Studies 626, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Shimizu, Chihiro & Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2010. "Residential rents and price rigidity: Micro structure and macro consequences," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 282-299, June.
- Kuang-Liang Chang & Nan-Kuang Chen & Charles Ka Yui Leung, 2015. "Losing track of the asset markets: the case of housing and stock," ISER Discussion Paper 0932, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Bell, Stephen & Quiggin, John, 2003.
"Asset Price Instability and Policy Responses: The Legacy of Liberalisation,"
Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers
151505, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Stephen Bell & John Quiggin, 2004. "Asset Price Instability and Policy Responses: The Legacy of Liberalisation," Australian Public Policy Program Working Papers WPP04_3, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Andros Gregoriou & Alexandros Kontonikas, .
"The Long Run Relationship Between Stock Prices And Goods Prices: New Evidence From Panel Cointegration,"
2008_19, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Gregoriou, Andros & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2010. "The long-run relationship between stock prices and goods prices: New evidence from panel cointegration," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 166-176, April.
- Gregoriou, Andros & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2008. "The long run relationship between stock prices and goods prices: new evidence from panel cointegration," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-32, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Robert J Hill, 2004. "Inflation Measurement for Central Bankers," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: Christopher Kent & Simon Guttmann (ed.), The Future of Inflation Targeting Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Ricardo Reis, 2005. "A Dynamic Measure of Inflation," NBER Working Papers 11746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R.J.M. Alessie & P.J.A. van Els & L.H. Hoogduin, 2002. "The Role of Wealth in the Economy: the 2002 Annual Meeting Papers of the Royal Netherlands Economic Association," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 709, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- I. Arnold & P.J.A. van Els & J. de Haan, 2002. "Wealth Effects and Monetary Policy," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 719, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Beatty, Timothy K.M. & Larsen, Erling Røed & Sommervoll, Dag Einar, 2010. "Using house prices to compute the price of housing in the CPI," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 238-240, March.
- Anna Schwartz, 2003. "Asset price inflation and monetary policy," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Angelo Reati & Jan Toporowski, 2005.
"An economic policy for the fifth long wave,"
GE, Growth, Math methods
- Marshall Reinsdorf & Jack E. Triplett, 2009. "A Review of Reviews: Ninety Years of Professional Thinking About the Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 17-83 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muhamed Zulkhibri Abdul Majid, 2012.
"Measuring monetary conditions in a small open economy: the case of Malaysia,"
Journal of Financial Economic Policy,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 218-231, August.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2010. "Measuring Monetary Conditions in A Small Open Economy: The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 29154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2010. "Measuring Monetary Conditions in A Small Open Economy: The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 29041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McCarthy, Colm, 2007. "Owner-Occupied Housing Costs and Bias in the Consumer Price Index," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2007(3-Autumn), pages 83-88.
- David Mayes & Matti Virén, 2010.
"The Impact Of Asset Prices And Their Information Value For Monetary Policy,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, August.
- David Mayes & Matti Virén, 2010. "The Impact of Asset Prices and their Information Value for Monetary Policy," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 28(61), pages 134-167.
- Angelo Reati & Jan Toporowski, 2004. "An economic policy for the fifth long wave," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 57(231), pages 395-437.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Wolfgang Nierhaus, 2003. "Soll die Europäische Zentralbank auf Preisänderungen von Vermögenswerten reagieren?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 56(01), pages 54-55, 01.
- Anna J. Schwartz, 2002. "Asset Price Inflation and Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 9321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Borio & William English & Andrew Filardo, 2003.
"A tale of two perspectives: old or new challenges for monetary policy?,"
BIS Papers chapters,
in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy in a changing environment, volume 19, pages 1-59
Bank for International Settlements.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Wiliam English & Andrew Filardo, 2003. "A tale of two perspectives: old or new challenges for monetary policy?," BIS Working Papers 127, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gurdgiev, Constantin T., 2006. "Owner-occupied housing in a model of exchange rate determination," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 217-229, September.
- Yong Ma & Yulu Chen, 2014. "Financial Imbalance Index as a New Early Warning Indicator: Methods and Applications in the Chinese Economy," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 22(6), pages 64-86, November.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Siklos, Pierre L., 2005. "The Role of Asset Prices in Euro Area Monetary Policy: Specification and Estimation of Policy Rules and Implications for the European Central Bank," Working Paper Series 2005,6, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), The Postgraduate Research Programme Capital Markets and Finance in the Enlarged Europe.
- Bellod Redondo, José Francisco, 2009. "El precio de la vivienda y la inflación en España," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(302), pages 379-405, abril-jun.
- Chortareas, Georgios & Noikokyris, Emmanouil, 2014. "Monetary policy and stock returns under the MPC and inflation targeting," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 109-116.
- Colm McCarthy, 2007. "Owner-occupied housing costs and bias in the Irish Consumer Price Index," Working Papers 200707, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Amendola, Nicola & Vecchi, Giovanni, 2014. "Durable goods and poverty measurement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7105, The World Bank.
- Adalid, Ramón & Detken, Carsten, 2007. "Liquidity shocks and asset price boom/bust cycles," Working Paper Series 0732, European Central Bank.
- Chang, Kuang-Liang & Chen, Nan-Kuang & Leung, Charles Ka Yui, 2009.
"Monetary Policy, Term Structure and Asset Return: Comparing REIT, Housing and Stock,"
23514, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kuang-Liang Chang & Nan-Kuang Chen & Charles Leung, 2011. "Monetary Policy, Term Structure and Asset Return: Comparing REIT, Housing and Stock," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 221-257, July.
- Weida Kuang & Peng Liu, 2015. "Inflation and House Prices: Theory and Evidence from 35 Major Cities in China," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(2), pages 217-240.
- Michael Parkin, 2009. "What is the Ideal Monetary Policy Regime? Improving the Bank of Canada's Inflation-targeting Program," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 279, January.
- Junttila, Juha, 2002. "Forecasting the macroeconomy with current financial market information: Europe and the United States," Research Discussion Papers 2/2002, Bank of Finland.
- Diewert, W. Erwin & Imai, Satoshi & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2015. "New Estimates for the Price of Housing in the Japanese CPI," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2015-14, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 17 Jul 2015.
- David E. Lebow & Jeremy B. Rudd, 2003. "Measurement Error in the Consumer Price Index: Where Do We Stand?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(1), pages 159-201, March.
- Barrett, Alan & Kearney, Ide & O'Brien, Martin, 2007. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Autumn 2007," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20073, December.
- Abdelaziz Rouabah, 2007. "L'inflation et la rentabilité des actions : une relation énigmatique et un casse-tête pour les banques centrales," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 177(1), pages 19-34.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2005. "A cost-of-living dynamic price index, with an application to indexing retirement accounts," CEPR Discussion Papers 5394, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.