Owner-occupied housing costs and bias in the Irish Consumer Price Index
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Honohan & Philip R. Lane, 2003.
"Divergent inflation rates in EMU,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 357-394, October.
- Philip R. Lane & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," Trinity Economics Papers 20034, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane, & Patrick Honohan, 2003. "Divergent Inflation Rates in EMU," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp05, IIIS.
- R. A. Somerville, 2004. "Changes in Relative Consumer Prices and the Substitution Bias of the Laspeyres Price Index - Ireland, 1985-2001," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(1), pages 55-82.
- Goodhart, Charles, 2001. "What Weight Should Be Given to Asset Prices in the Measurement of Inflation?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(472), pages 335-356, June.
- Arévalo, Raquel & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2004. "The rental equivalence approach to nonrental housing in the consumer price index. evidence from Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we041704, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- C. Goodhart, 2001. "What Weight Should be Given to Asset Prices in the Measurementof Inflation?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 65, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Ian Crawford & Isabella Image, 2004. "The Retail Price Index and the Cost-of-Living Index: testing for consistency in theory and practice," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(1), pages 79-91, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wynne, Mark A., 2008. "How should central banks define price stability?," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 08, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer Price Index; Cost of Living Index; Payments approach; Owner occupied housing; Cost and standard of living; Consumer price indexes; Price indexes;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-08-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-08-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2008-08-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:wpaper:200707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicolas Clifton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .