Citations for "The Macro Implications of HIV/AIDS in South Africa: A Preliminary Assessment"
by C Arndt & J D Lewis
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & Samuel Pessôa & Marcelo Rodrigues Dos Santos, 2011.
"The Impact Of Aids On Income And Human Capital,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 1104-1116, October.
- Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti & Santos, Marcelo Rodrigues dos & Pessoa, Samuel de Abreu, 2009. "The impact of AIDS on income and human capital," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 690, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Das, Sanghamitra & Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Ray, Tridip, 2008.
"Negative Reality of the HIV Positives: Evaluating Welfare Loss in a Low Prevalence Country,"
9946, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sanghamitra Das & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay & Tridip Ray, 2008. "Negative reality of the HIV positives: Evaluating welfare loss in a low prevalence country," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-02, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Roland Pongou & Roberto Serrano, 2009.
"A dynamic theory of fidelity networks with an application to the spread of HIV/AIDS,"
2009-03, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Roland Pongou & Roberto Serrano, 2009. "A Dynamic Theory of Fidelity Networks with an Application to the Spread of HIV/AIDS," Working Papers 2009-2, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Serrano & Roland Pongou, 2009. "A Dynamic Theory Of Fidelity Networks With An Application To The Spread Of Hiv/Aids," Working Papers wp2009_0909, CEMFI.
- Bruhns, Ramona, 2006. "The Long-run Effects of HIV/AIDS in Kenya," MPRA Paper 952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2006.
"Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
12269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2007. "Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 925-985, December.
- Yohanne Kidolezi & Jessica Holmes & Hugo Ñopo & Paul Sommers, 2007.
"Selection and Reporting Bias in Household Surveys of Child Labor: Evidence from Tanzania,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 19(2), pages 368-378.
- Yohanne N. Kidolezi & Jessica A. Holmes & Hugo Ñopo & Paul M. Sommers, 2005. "Selection and Reporting Bias in Household Surveys of Child Labor: Evidence from Tanzania," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0517, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Shorish, Jamsheed, 2007.
"Welfare Analysis of HIV/AIDS: Formulating and Computing a Continuous Time Overlapping Generations Policy Model,"
211, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Jamsheed Shorish, 2007. "Welfare analysis of HIV/AIDS: Formulating and computing a continuous time overlapping generations policy model," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0709, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2011. "Growth Miracles and Growth Debacles," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13609.
- Francesco Strobbe & Claudia Olivetti & Mireille Jacobson, 2010.
"Breaking the Net: Family Structure and Street Children in Zambia,"
Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series
11110, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Claudia Olivetti & Francesco Strobbe & Mireille Jacobson, 2011. "Breaking The Net: Family Structure And Street Children In Zambia," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-042, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Kathleen Beegle & Joachim De Weerdt & Stefan Dercon, 2008.
"Adult Mortality and Consumption Growth in the Age of HIV/AIDS,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 299-326.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2006. "Adult mortality and consumption growth in the age of HIV/AIDS," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4082, The World Bank.
- Kathleen Beegle & Joachim De Weerdt & Stefan Dercon, 2007. "Adult Mortality and Consumption Growth in the Age of HIV/AIDS," CSAE Working Paper Series 2007-02, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00609798 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ilo:ilowps:351411 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Couderc & Nicolas Drouhin & Bruno Ventelou, 2006. "SIDA et croissance économique : le risque d'une « trappe épidémiologique »," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 116(5), pages 697-715.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Gillespie, Stuart, 2001.
"Effective food and nutrition policy responses to HIV/AIDS,"
112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Gillespie, Stuart, 2001. "Effective food and nutrition policy responses to HIV/AIDS," FCND discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ortmann, Gerald F., 2005. "Promoting the competitiveness of South African agriculture in a dynamic economic and political environment," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 44(3), September.
- Kenneth Harttgen, 2007. "The Impact of HIV on Children´s Welfare," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 157, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- McDonald, Scott & Punt, Cecilia, 2005. "General equilibrium modelling in South Africa: What the future holds," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 44(1), March.
- de Araujo, Pedro & Murray, James, 2015. "A life insurance deterrent to risky behavior in Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 548-576.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Perkins, P. & Luiz, J.M., 2006. "Infrastructural investment in long-run economic growth: South Africa 1875-2001," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1037-1059, June.
- Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2004. "Incorporating Epidemiological Projections Of Morbidity And Mortality Into An Open Economy Growth Model: Aids In South Africa," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20254, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Smith, Rodney B.W., 2003. "Aids And Economic Growth In South Africa," Conference Papers 28072, University of the Free State, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Michael Grimm & Denis Cogneau, 2004.
"AIDS and income distribution in Africa. A micro-simulation study for Cˆote d’Ivoire,"
Labor and Demography
- Denis Cogneau & Michael Grimm, 2002. "AIDS and Income Distribution in Africa; A Micro-simulation Study for Côte d'Ivoire," Working Papers DT/2002/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Desmond, Christopher*Greener, Robert, 2003. "The strategic use and potential demand for an HIV vaccine in Southern Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2977, The World Bank.
- Clive Bell & Shantayanan Devarajan & Hans Gersbach, 2003. "The long-run economic costs of AIDS : theory and an application to South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3152, The World Bank.
- José Cuesta, 2008.
"Does a Mature AIDS Epidemic Threaten Growth?,"
Research Department Publications
4567, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- McDonagh, Amy., 2001. "Microfinance strategies for HIV/AIDS mitigation and prevention in Sub- Saharan Africa," ILO Working Papers 993514113402676, International Labour Organization.
- Thornton, Rebecca L., 2012. "HIV testing, subjective beliefs and economic behavior," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 300-313.
- Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2005. "The Impact of HIV on Total Factor Productivity," Bulletins 12976, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Johansson, Lars, 2006. "Fiscal Implications of Aids in South Africa," Research Papers in Economics 2006:11, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- McDonald, Scott & Roberts, Jennifer, 2006.
"AIDS and economic growth: A human capital approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 228-250, June.
- Scott McDonald & Jennifer Roberts, 2004. "Aids and Economic Growth: A Human Capital Approach," Working Papers 2004008, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- John Serieux, 2007. "Managing the Exchange Rate Consequences of an MDG-Related Scale-up in HIV/AIDS Financing," Conference Paper 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2008.
"Root Causes of African Underdevelopment,"
Departmental Working Papers
2008-16, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Sambit Bhattacharyya, 2007. "Root Causes of African Underdevelopment," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200704, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Apr 2007.
- de Araujo, Pedro & Murray, James, 2010. "A Life Insurance Deterrent to Risky Behavior in Africa," MPRA Paper 22675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Cahu & Falilou Fall, 2011.
"Accounting for the Effects of AIDS on Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
11009, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Paul Cahu & Falilou Fall, 2011. "Accounting for the effects of AIDS on growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00609798, HAL.
- Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2008. "Disease dynamics and economic growth," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 145-168.
- Lawrence Haddad & Stuart Gillespie, 2001. "Effective food and nutrition policy responses to HIV|AIDS: what we know and what we need to know," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 487-511.
- Agbola, Frank W. & Damoense, Maylene Y. & Saini, Yvonne K., 2003. "HIV/AIDS and South Africa’s Agricultural Sector: Impact on Food Demand," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57824, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Judith Kabajulizi, 2013. "Macroeconomic Implications Of Health Sector Reforms In Uganda: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," EcoMod2013 5158, EcoMod.
- RUTTEN Martine & BLAKE Adam & REED Geoffrey, . "The Economic Impact of Health Provision: A Preliminary CGE Assessment for the UK," EcoMod2003 330700128, EcoMod.
- James A. Levinsohn & Zoë McLaren & Olive Shisana & Khangelani Zuma, 2011. "HIV Status and Labor Market Participation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 16901, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pedro de Araujo, 2008. "The Socio-Economic Distribution of AIDS Incidence and Output," Caepr Working Papers 2008-014_updated, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Rulof Burger & Ingrid Woolard, 2005. "The State of the Labour Market in South Africa after the First Decade of Democracy," SALDRU/CSSR Working Papers 133, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- José Cuesta, 2008. "¿Una epidemia de SIDA en su etapa madura es una amenaza para el crecimiento?," Research Department Publications 4568, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2012.
"VIH/Aids and alcohol: re-examination of the relation from african data,"
39938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kodila-Tedika , Oasis, 2014. "HIV/Aids and Alcohol: Re-Examination of the Relation from African Data," European Economic Letters, European Economics Letters Group, vol. 3(2), pages 40-45.
- Johansson, Lars M., 2007. "Fiscal implications of AIDS in South Africa," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 1614-1640, October.
- Arndt, Channing & Wobst, Peter, 2002. "HIV/AIDS and labor markets in Tanzania," TMD discussion papers 102, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Juan-Carlos Cordoba & Marla Ripoll, 2007.
"The Role of Education in Development,"
2007 Meeting Papers
1022, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Arndt, Channing, 2002. "HIV/AIDS, human capital, and economic prospects for Mozambique," TMD discussion papers 88, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alwyn Young, 2004. "The Gift of the Dying: The Tragedy of AIDS and the Welfare of Future African Generations," NBER Working Papers 10991, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corrigan, Paul & Glomm, Gerhard & Mendez, Fabio, 2005. "AIDS crisis and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 107-124, June.