The strategic use and potential demand for an HIV vaccine in Southern Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bloom, David E. & Mahal, Ajay S., 1997.
"Does the AIDS epidemic threaten economic growth?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 105-124, March.
- David E. Bloom & Ajay S. Mahal, 1995. "Does the AIDS Epidemic Really Threaten Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Phoolcharoen, Wiput & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kongsin, Sukhontha & Kasemsup, Vijj & Tantivess, Sripen & Suraratdecha, Chutima, 2001. "The potential demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 111-139, August.
- Nichter, Mark, 1995. "Vaccinations in the third world: A consideration of community demand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 617-632, September.
- Cuddington, John T, 1993. "Further Results on the Macroeconomic Effects of AIDS: The Dualistic, Labor-Surplus Economy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 403-417, September.
- Stover, John & Garnett, Geoff P. & Seitz, Steve & Forsythe, Steven, 2002. "The epidemiological impact of an HIV/AIDS vaccine in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2811, The World Bank.
- Cuddington, John T, 1993. "Modeling the Macroeconomic Effects of AIDS, with an Application to Tanzania," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(2), pages 173-189, May.
- C Arndt & J D Lewis, 2000. "The Macro Implications of HIV/AIDS in South Africa: A Preliminary Assessment," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 68(5), pages 380-392, December.
More about this item
KeywordsHIV AIDS; Health Economics&Finance; Early Child and Children's Health; Early Child and Children'; Adolescent Health; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Public Health Promotion; Disease Control&Prevention; HIV AIDS and Business;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2004-09-12 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2977. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .