The Economics of HIV/AIDS in Low-Income Countries: The Case for Prevention
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David Canning, 2006. "The Economics of HIV/AIDS in Low-Income Countries: The Case for Prevention," PGDA Working Papers 1806, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Ryder, Harl E. & Weil, David N., 2000.
"Mortality decline, human capital investment, and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 1-23, June.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, Harl E. Ryder and David N. Weil, 1998. "Mortality Decline, Human Capital Investment, and Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-18, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Alan Williams, 1999. "Calculating the global burden of disease: time for a strategic reappraisal?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 1-8.
- Cuddington, John T, 1993. "Modeling the Macroeconomic Effects of AIDS, with an Application to Tanzania," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(2), pages 173-189, May.
- Emily Oster, 2005. "Sexually Transmitted Infections, Sexual Behavior, and the HIV/AIDS Epidemic," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 120(2), pages 467-515.
- Gauri Kartini Shastry & David N. Weil, 2003.
"How Much of Cross-Country Income Variation is Explained By Health?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 387-396, 04/05.
- Gauri Kartini Shastry & David N. Weil, 2003. "How Much of Cross-Country Income Variation is Explained by Health?," Working Papers 2003-08, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Alok Bhargava & Dean T. Jamison & Lawrence J. Lau & Christopher J. L. Murray, 2006. "Modeling the effects of health on economic growth," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 20, pages 269-286 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:12425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ainsworth, Martha & Filmer, Deon, 2002. "Poverty, AIDS, and children's schooling - a targeting dilemma," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2885, The World Bank.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Aldy, Joseph E, 2003.
"The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 5-76, August.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joseph E. Aldy, 2003. "The Value of a Statistical Life: A Critical Review of Market Estimates throughout the World," NBER Working Papers 9487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bloom, David E. & Mahal, Ajay S., 1997.
"Does the AIDS epidemic threaten economic growth?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 105-124, March.
- David E. Bloom & Ajay S. Mahal, 1995. "Does the AIDS Epidemic Really Threaten Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2002.
"Wage Gains Associated with Height as a Form of Health Human Capital,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 349-353, May.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2002. "Wage Gains Associated with Height as a Form of Health Human Capital," Working Papers 841, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- repec:idb:brikps:42218 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Joshua Graff Zivin & Markus Goldstein, 2008.
"The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(3), pages 511-552.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Markus Goldstein & Joshua Graff Zivin, 2005. "The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya," Working Papers id:300, eSocialSciences.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Joshua Graff-Zivin & Markus Goldstein, 2005. "The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya," NBER Working Papers 11871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harsha Thirumurthy & Joshua Graff Zivin & Markus Goldstein, 2006. "The Economic Impact of AIDS Treatment: Labor Supply in Western Kenya," Working Papers 947, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Bryan Graham, 2003. "Longevity and Life-cycle Savings," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(3), pages 319-338, September.
- Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee, 2004. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: A Production Function Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Neeraj Sood & Dana Goldman, 2006. "HIV Breakthroughs and Risky Sexual Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(3), pages 1063-1102.
- World Bank, 2005. "World Development Indicators 2005," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12426.
- Christopher J.L. Murray & Alan D. Lopez, 2000. "Progress and directions in refining the Global Burden of Disease approach: a response to Williams," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 69-82.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2003.028563_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- McKie, John & Richardson, Jeff, 2003. "The Rule of Rescue," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(12), pages 2407-2419, June.
- Edward Miguel & Michael Kremer, 2004. "Worms: Identifying Impacts on Education and Health in the Presence of Treatment Externalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 159-217, January.
- Felicia Marie Knaul & Edmundo Murrugarra & Carlos Hernández Alvarez & Rafael Cortez & William D. Savedoff & Jaime Espinosa Ferrando & Rocío Ribero Medina & Martín Valdivia & T. Paul Schultz & Jairo Nú, 2000. "Wealth from Health: Linking Social Investments to Earnings in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 42218 edited by William D. Savedoff & T. Paul Schultz, February.
- Hoyt Bleakley, 2003. "Disease and Development: Evidence from the American South," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 376-386, 04/05.
- Alwyn Young, 2004. "The Gift of the Dying: The Tragedy of AIDS and the Welfare of Future African Generations," NBER Working Papers 10991, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mead Over & Peter Heywood & Julian Gold & Indrani Gupta & Subhash Hira & Elliot Marseille, 2004. "HIV/AIDS Treatment and Prevention in India : Modeling the Cost and Consequences," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14916.
- repec:reg:rpubli:282 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anand, Sudhir & Hanson, Kara, 1997. "Disability-adjusted life years: a critical review," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 685-702, December.
- Markus Haacker & N. F. R. Crafts, 2003. "Welfare Implications of HIV/AIDS," IMF Working Papers 03/118, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:20:y:2006:i:3:p:121-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.