Citations for " Testing Market Efficiency: Evidence from the NFL Sports Betting Market"
by Gray, Philip K & Gray, Stephen F
- Stekler, H.O. & Sendor, David & Verlander, Richard, 2010.
"Issues in sports forecasting,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 606-621, July.
- Elisabete F. Sim�es Vieira, 2012. "Investor sentiment and market reaction: evidence on 2010 FIFA World Cup," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 51-76.
- Murtha, Brian R., 2013. "Peaking at the right time: Perceptions, expectations, and effects," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 62-72.
- Klaassen, Franc J.G.M. & Magnus, Jan R., 2009. "The efficiency of top agents: An analysis through service strategy in tennis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 72-85, January.
- Steven D. Levitt, 2003. "How Do Markets Function? An Empirical Analysis of Gambling on the National Football League," NBER Working Papers 9422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matthew Amor & William Griffiths, 2003. "Modelling the Behaviour and Performance of Australian Football Tipsters," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 871, The University of Melbourne.
- Borghesi, Richard & Dare, William, 2009. "A test of the widespread-point-shaving theory," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 115-121, September.
- Carsten Schmidt & Axel Werwatz, 2002.
"How accurate do markets predict the outcome of an event? The Euro 2000 soccer championships experiment,"
Papers on Strategic Interaction
2002-09, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Schmidt, Carsten & Werwatz, Axel, 2002. "How accurate do markets predict the outcome of an event? The Euro 2000 soccer championships experiment," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2002,29, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Caiado, Jorge & Vieira, Aníbal & Bonito, Ana & Reis, Carlos & Fernandes, Francisco, 2006. "Previsão da eficácia ofensiva do futebol profissional: Um caso Português," MPRA Paper 2185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andy Fodor & Michael DiFilippo & Kevin Krieger & Justin Davis, 2013. "Inefficient pricing from holdover bias in NFL point spread markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(17), pages 1407-1418, September.
- Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2012. "Competitive balance in the NFL?," Edition HWWI: Chapters, in: Zur Ökonomik von Spitzenleistungen im internationalen Sport, pages 73-84 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Klaassen, F.J.G.M. & Magnus, J.R., 2006. "Are Economic Agents Successful Optimizers? An Analysis Through Strategy in Tennis," Discussion Paper 2006-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sebastian Bervoets & Bruno Decreuse & Mathieu Faure, 2014.
"A Renewed Analysis of Cheating in Contests: Theory and Evidence from Recovery Doping,"
AMSE Working Papers
1441, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised Jun 2015.
- Sebastian Bervoets & Bruno Decreuse & Mathieu Faure, 2015. "A Renewed Analysis of Cheating in Contests: Theory and Evidence from Recovery Doping," Working Papers halshs-01059600, HAL.
- Rodney J. Paul & Andrew P. Weinbach & Kristin K. Paul, 2010. "Using Actual Betting Percentages to Analyze Sportsbook Behavior: The Canadian and Arena Football Leagues," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 41(1), pages 35-44.
- Evan Osborne, 2001. "Efficient Markets? Don't Bet on It," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 50-61, February.
- William Dare & A. Steven Holland, 2004. "Efficiency in the NFL betting market: modifying and consolidating research methods," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 9-15.
- Hwang, Joon Ho & Kim, Min-Su, 2015. "Misunderstanding of the binomial distribution, market inefficiency, and learning behavior: Evidence from an exotic sports betting market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(1), pages 333-344.
- Benjamin Waggoner & Daniel Wines & Brian P. Soebbing & Chad S. Seifried & Jean Michael Martinez, 2014. "â€œHot Handâ€ in the National Basketball Association Point Spread Betting Market: A 34-Year Analysis," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 359-370, November.
- Bryan C. McCannon, 2015. "Replacement Referees and NFL Betting Markets," Working Papers 15-20, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Radzevick, Joseph R. & Moore, Don A., 2008. "Myopic biases in competitions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 206-218, November.
- Igan, Deniz & Pinheiro, Marcelo & Smith, John, 2012. "Racial biases and market outcomes: "White men can't jump," but would you bet on it?," MPRA Paper 36069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Kuester & Shane Sanders, 2011. "Regional information and market efficiency: the case of spread betting in United States college football," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 116-122, January.
- Baryla Jr., Edward A. & Borghesi, Richard A. & Dare, William H. & Dennis, Steven A., 2007. "Learning, price formation and the early season bias in the NBA," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 155-164, September.
- Ray Fair & John Oster, 2002. "College Football Rankings and Market Efficiency," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2377, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2007.
- David Johnstone, 2007. "Economic Darwinism: Who has the Best Probabilities?," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 47-96, February.
- Quitzau, Jörn & Vöpel, Henning, 2009. "Der Faktor Zufall im Fußball: Eine empirische Untersuchung für die Saison 2007/08," HWWI Research Papers 1-22, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Igan, Deniz & Pinheiro, Marcelo & Smith, John, 2011. ""White men can't jump," but would you bet on it?," MPRA Paper 31469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Borghesi, 2014. "The impact of the disposition effect on asset prices: insight from the NBA," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 698-711, October.
- Miller, Thomas W. & Rapach, David E., 2013. "An intra-week efficiency analysis of bookie-quoted NFL betting lines in NYC," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 10-23.
- Mark Burkey, 2005. "On "Arbitage" and Market Efficiency: An Examination of NFL Wagering," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 36(1), pages 13-28.