Citations for "Rival Interpretations of Market Society: Civilizing, Destructive, or Feeble?"
by Hirschman, Albert O
- Agnar Sandmo, 2007. "Retrospectives: Léon Walras and the Nobel Peace Prize," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 217-228, Fall.
- Wicks, Rick, 2008. "A Model of Dynamic Balance among the Three Spheres of Society – Markets, Governments, and Communities – Applied to Understanding the Relative Importance of Social Capital and Social Goods," Working Papers in Economics 292, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 01 Jan 2009.
- Yujiro Hayami, 1990. "La Communauté rurale, le Marché et l'Etat," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 196(1), pages 49-56.
- Lyon, Fergus, 2000. "Trust, Networks and Norms: The Creation of Social Capital in Agricultural Economies in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 663-681, April.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sabatini, Fabio & Sodini, Mauro, 2011.
"Economic Growth, Technical Progress, and Social Capital: the Inverted U Hypothesis,"
30326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sabatini, Fabio & Sodini, Mauro, 2011. "Economic Growth, Technical Progress, and Social Capital: the Inverted U Hypothesis," AICCON Working Papers 86-2011, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Rudi Verburg, 2006. "John Stuart Mill's Political Economy: Educational Means to Moral Progress," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(2), pages 225-246.
- Timothy C. Johnson, 2013. "Reciprocity as the foundation of Financial Economics," Papers 1310.2798, arXiv.org.
- Tracy Wilcox, 2012. "Human Resource Management in a Compartmentalized World: Whither Moral Agency?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 85-96, November.
- Gedeon, Péter, 1997.
"Az átalakulás gazdaságtana és a gazdaságtan átalakulása. A gazdasági rendszerek összehasonlító elméletétől a komparatív politikai gazdaságtanig
[The economics of transition and the transition of ec," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 56-68.
- David George, 2006. "Social class and social identity," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(4), pages 429-445.
- Bucar, Branko & Glas, Miroslav & Hisrich, Robert D., 2003. "Ethics and entrepreneurs: An international comparative study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 261-281, March.
- Jeffery Carpenter & Juan Camilo Cardenas, 2006.
"Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from field labs in the developing world,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0616, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Juan Camilo Cardenas & Jeffrey Carpenter, 2008. "Behavioural Development Economics: Lessons from Field Labs in the Developing World," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 311-338.
- Jeffrey P. Carpenter, 2005.
"Endogenous Social Preferences,"
Review of Radical Political Economics,
Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 63-84, March.
- Schiff, Maurice & Winters, L Alan, 1998.
"Regional Integration as Diplomacy,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 271-295, May.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2016.
"Tolerance in the United States: Does economic freedom transform racial, religious, political and sexual attitudes?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(S), pages 53-70.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2015. "Tolerance in the United States: Does Economic Freedom Transform Racial, Religious, Political and Sexual Attitudes?," Working Paper Series 1080, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Alesia Slocum & Sylvia Rohlfer & Cesar Gonzalez-Canton, 2014. "Teaching Business Ethics Through Strategically Integrated Micro-Insertions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 45-58, November.
- Granovetter, Mark, 2000. "A Theoretical Agenda for Economic Sociology," Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics, Working Paper Series qt4mk4g08q, Center for Culture, Organizations and Politics of theInstitute for Research on Labor and Employment, UC Berkeley.
- Shaun Hargreaves Heap & Jonathan Tan & Daniel Zizzo, 2013. "Trust, inequality and the market," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 311-333, March.
- Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi, 2008. "The role of social capital in enhancing factor productivity: Does its erosion depress per capita GDP?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1539-1553, August.
- Luljeta Hajderllari, 2012. "Actions with economic elements embedded in the social networks of Danish farmer investors abroad," IFRO Working Paper 2012/13, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Daniel Smith, 2014. "Heterogeneity and exchange: Safe-conducts in Medieval Spain," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 183-197, June.
- Timothy Johnson, 2015. "Reciprocity as a Foundation of Financial Economics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 43-67, September.
- Giuseppe Pennisi & Pasquale L. Scandizzo, 2006. "Economic Evaluation in the age of Uncertainty," CEIS Research Paper 86, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi, 2008. "Endogenous growth, decline in social capital and expansion of market activities," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(3-4), pages 917-926, September.
- Jeremy Grace & Charles Kenny & Christine Zhen-Wei Qiang & Jia Liu & Taylor Reynolds, 2003. "Information and Communication Technologies and Broad-Based Development : A Partial Review of the Evidence," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15053.
- Garzarelli, Giampaolo & Thomassen, Bjørn, 2006. "Is State Building the Road to World Order?," MPRA Paper 9600, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edwin Hartman, 2011. "Virtue, Profit, and the Separation Thesis: An Aristotelian View," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(1), pages 5-17, March.
- Yew-Kwang NG, 2016. "Extending Economic Analysis to Analyze Policy Issues More Broadly," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1609, Nanyang Technological University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2006. "The Determinants of Trust," Ratio Working Papers 86, The Ratio Institute.
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2010. "A road to trust," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 253-261, June.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 2014. "The Market in Economics: Behavioural Assumptions and Value Judgments," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 12/2014, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Francois, Patrick & van Ypersele, Tanguy, 2009. "Doux Commerces: Does Market Competition Cause Trust?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7368, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frank Neher, 2013. "Markets wanted: expectation overshooting in transition economies," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 60(2), pages 187-219, June.
- Jo Thori Lind & Daniel Chen, 2016. "The Political Economy Of Beliefs: Why Fiscal And Social Conservatives/Liberals Come Hand-In-Hand," 2016 Meeting Papers 606, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Giovanni Bonifati, 2015. "The implications of the concept of exaptation for a theory of economic change," Department of Economics 0076, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Panos, Georgios A. & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2010.
"Union Mediation and Adaptation to Reciprocal Loyalty Arrangements,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2010-119, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Panos, Georgios & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2009. "Union Mediation and Adaptation to Reciprocal Loyalty Arrangements," MPRA Paper 15471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Palsson, Gisli, 1998. "The virtual aquarium: Commodity fiction and cod fishing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 275-288, February.
- Peter Maskell & Mark Lorenzen, 2003. "The Cluster as Market Organization," DRUID Working Papers 03-14, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Stijn Oosterlynck & Yuri Kazepov & Andreas Novy & Pieter Cools & Eduardo Barberis & Florian Wukovitsch & Tatiana Saruis & Bernhard Leubolt, 2013. "The butterfly and the elephant: local social innovation, the welfare state and new poverty dynamics," ImPRovE Working Papers 13/03, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- McCabe, Joshua T., 2012. "What can sociology teach us about the ideational origins of modernity? Comments on McCloskey's Bourgeois Dignity," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 772-775.
- Antoci Angelo & Sabatini Fabio & Sodini Mauro, 2009.
"Will growth and technology destroy social interaction? The inverted U-shape hypothesis,"
0057, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sabatini, Fabio & Sodini, Mauro, 2009. "Will growth and technology destroy social interaction? The inverted U-shape hypothesis," MPRA Paper 18229, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James E. Alvey, 2011. "A Short History of Ethics and Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12674.
- Scott Newbert & Erno Tornikoski, 2012. "Supporter networks and network growth: a contingency model of organizational emergence," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 141-159, July.
- Gísli Pálsson, 1996. "Commodity fiction and cod fishing," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 23, pages 75-86.
- Goyal, S., 2016. "Networks and Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1652, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Fischer, Justina A.V., 2008. "Is competition good for trust? Cross-country evidence using micro-data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 56-59, July.
- Avner Greif, 1997. "On the Social Foundations and Historical Development of Institutions that Facilitate Impersonal Exchange: From the Community Responsibility System to Individual Legal Responsibility in Pre-modern Euro," Working Papers 97016, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Godoy, Ricardo & Zeinalova, Elizabeth & Reyes-García, Victoria & Huanca, Tomás & Kosiewicz, Holly & Leonard, William R. & Tanner, Susan, 2010. "Does civilization cause discontentment among indigenous Amazonians? Test of empirical data from the Tsimane' of Bolivia," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 587-598, August.
- Vij, Akshay & Walker, Joan L., 2014. "Preference endogeneity in discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 90-105.
- Streeck, Wolfgang, 2010. "E pluribus unum? Varieties and commonalities of capitalism," MPIfG Discussion Paper 10/12, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Berggren, Niclas & Nilsson, Therese, 2012.
"Does Economic Freedom Foster Tolerance?,"
Working Paper Series
918, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Panos, Georgios & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2010. "Unionism and Peer-Referencing," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2010-03, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Lai, Richard, 2005.
"Does Competition Kill Ties?,"
4759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Bjørnskov, 2007. "Determinants of generalized trust: A cross-country comparison," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Falk, Armin & Szech, Nora, 2015. "Institutions and morals: A reply," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 391-394.
- J. Graafland, 2010. "Do Markets Crowd Out Virtues? An Aristotelian Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Hamid Hosseini, 2010. "Unfettered capitalism: why it is neither efficient nor just," Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(2), pages 99-111, May.
- Bjørnskov, Christian, 2015. "Does economic freedom really kill? On the association between ‘Neoliberal’ policies and homicide rates," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 207-219.
- Joanna Dzionek-Kozlowska, 2015. "Alfred Marshall's Puzzles. Between Economics as a Positive Science and Economic Chivalry," Lodz Economics Working Papers 5/2015, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology.
- Khadjavi, Menusch & Sipangule, Kacana & Thiele, Rainer, 2016. "Social capital and large-scale agricultural investments: An experimental investigation in Zambia," Kiel Working Papers 2056, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Neuteleers, Stijn & Engelen, Bart, 2015. "Talking money: How market-based valuation can undermine environmental protection," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 253-260.
- Bergh, Andreas & Mirkina, Irina & Nilsson, Therese, 2013. "More Open – Better Governed? Evidence from High- and Low-income Countries," Working Paper Series 997, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Philip Lowe & Hilary Talbot, 2000. "Policy for Small Business Support in Rural Areas: A Critical Assessment of the Proposals for the Small Business Service," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 479-487.
- Kvaløy, Ola, 2010. "Performance pay and dynamic social preferences," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 698-704, August.
- Bartolini, Stefano & Bonatti, Luigi, 2007. "Endogenous growth, decline in social capital and expansion of market activities," MPRA Paper 3341, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephan Boehm, 2015. "The best horse in the Viennese stables: Gottfried Haberler and Joseph Schumpeter," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 107-115, January.
- Gordon Bergsten, 1985. "On the role of social norms in a market economy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 113-137, January.