The butterfly and the elephant: local social innovation, the welfare state and new poverty dynamics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frank Moulaert & Abid Mehmood, 2010. "Analysing Regional Development and Policy: A Structural-Realist Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 103-118.
- Gordon MacLeod, 2001. "New Regionalism Reconsidered: Globalization and the Remaking of Political Economic Space," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 804-829, December.
- Moulaert, Frank, 2000. "Globalization and Integrated Area Development in European Cities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199241132.
- Konrad Miciukiewicz & Frank Moulaert & Andreas Novy & Sako Musterd & Jean Hillier, 2012. "Introduction: Problematising Urban Social Cohesion: A Transdisciplinary Endeavour," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(9), pages 1855-1872, July.
- Andreas Novy & Daniela Coimbra Swiatek & Frank Moulaert, 2012. "Social Cohesion: A Conceptual and Political Elucidation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(9), pages 1873-1889, July.
- Crouch, Colin & Le Gales, Patrick & Trigilia, Carlo & Voelzkow, Helmut, 2004. "Changing Governance of Local Economies: Responses of European Local Production Systems," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199259403.
- Hirschman, Albert O, 1982. "Rival Interpretations of Market Society: Civilizing, Destructive, or Feeble?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 1463-1484, December.
- Bob Jessop, 2000. "The Crisis of the National Spatio-Temporal Fix and the Tendential Ecological Dominance of Globalizing Capitalism," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 323-360, June.
- David Harvey, 2003. "The right to the city," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 939-941, December.
- Frank Moulaert & Farid Sekia, 2003. "Territorial Innovation Models: A Critical Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 289-302.
- Peter Taylor-Gooby, 2005. "Pervasive Uncertainty in Second Modernity: an Empirical Test," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 10(4), pages 1-1.
- Chris Hamnett, 1996. "Social Polarisation, Economic Restructuring and Welfare State Regimes," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 33(8), pages 1407-1430, October.
- Zephyr, 2010. "The city," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1-2), pages 154-155, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEurope; Social innovation; welfare state; urban crisis; knowledge-based economy; poverty; social exclusion;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-04-27 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INO-2013-04-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-URE-2013-04-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdl:improv:1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tim Goedemé). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csbuabe.html .