Inside money, investment, and unconventional monetary policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Moore & Nobuhiro Kiyotaki, 2008.
"Liquidity, Business Cycles, and Monetary Policy,"
2008 Meeting Papers
35, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 2012. "Liquidity, Business Cycles and Monetary Policy," ESE Discussion Papers 113, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 2012. "Liquidity, Business Cycles, and Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 17934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005.
"A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Working Papers (Old Series) 0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Staff Report 346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lagos, Ricardo & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2008.
"Money and capital as competing media of exchange,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 247-258, September.
- Ricardo Lagos & Guillaume Rocheteau, 2004. "Money and capital as competing media of exchange," Staff Report 341, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ricardo Lagos & Guillaume Rocheteau, 2006. "Money and capital as competing media of exchange," Working Papers (Old Series) 0608, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Kenza Benhima & Yannick Kalantzis, 2016.
"Money and Capital in a Persistent Liquidity Trap,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie
16.12, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Philippe Bacchetta & Yannick Kalantzis, 2018. "Money and Capital in a Persistent Liquidity Trap," Working papers 703, Banque de France.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Benhima, Kenza & Kalantzis, Yannick, 2016. "Money and Capital in a Persistent Liquidity Trap," CEPR Discussion Papers 11369, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Michael Woodford, 2004. "Policy Options in a Liquidity Trap," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 76-79, May.
- Galí, Jordi, 2014. "The Effects of a Money-Financed Fiscal Stimulus," CEPR Discussion Papers 10165, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Michael Woodford, 2003. "The Zero Bound on Interest Rates and Optimal Monetary Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(1), pages 139-235.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Paul Krugman, 2012. "Debt, Deleveraging, and the Liquidity Trap: A Fisher-Minsky-Koo Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(3), pages 1469-1513.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 2012. "Liquidity, Monetary Policy, and the Financial Crisis: A New Monetarist Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(6), pages 2570-2605, October.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 2016.
"Scarce collateral, the term premium, and quantitative easing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 136-165.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 2014. "Scarce collateral, the term premium, and quantitative easing," Working Papers 2014-8, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jordi Galí, 2014. "The Effects of a Money-Financed Fiscal Stimulus," Working Papers 786, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hannes Draack, 2018. "Monetary Policy with Imperfect Signals: The Target Problem in a New Monetarist Approach," ECON - Working Papers 296, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:182:y:2019:i:c:p:329-359 is not listed on IDEAS
- Athanasios Geromichalos & Lucas Herrenbrueck, 2017. "The Liquidity-Augmented Model of Macroeconomic Aggregates," Discussion Papers dp17-16, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Altermatt, Lukas, 2019. "Savings, asset scarcity, and monetary policy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 329-359.
- Lukas Altermatt, 2019. "Bank lending, financial frictions, and inside money creation," ECON - Working Papers 325, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsNew monetarism; liquidity trap; helicopter money; negative interest rates; government debt; Ricardian equivalence; banking; floor vs. channel system;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2017-04-09 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2017-04-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DGE-2017-04-09 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2017-04-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2017-04-09 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zur:econwp:247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.