A Modigliani-Miller theorem for open-market operations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wallace, Neil, 1981. "A Modigliani-Miller Theorem for Open-Market Operations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 267-274, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bryant, John & Wallace, Neil, 1979. "The Inefficiency of Interest-bearing National Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 365-381, April.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969. "A Re-Examination of the Modigliani-Miller Theorem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 784-793, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Angela Redish & Ian Keay, 2002. "Financial Markets And Twentieth Century Industrialization: Evidence From U.s. And Canadian Steel Producers," Working Paper 1003, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Hartmann-Wendels, Thomas, 2012. "Regulatorische Folgen der Finanzkrisen: Auswirkungen auf die Leasing-Branche," Leasing - Wissenschaft & Praxis, Universität zu Köln, Forschungsinstitut für Leasing, vol. 10(1), pages 3-88.
- Karpavičius, Sigitas, 2014. "The cost of capital and optimal financing policy in a dynamic setting," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 42-56.
- Bryant, John & Wallace, Neil, 1980.
"Open-Market Operations in a Model of Regulated, Insured Intermediaries,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 146-173, February.
- John Bryant & Neil Wallace, 1978. "Open-market operations in a model of regulated, insured intermediaries," Staff Report 34, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John S. Strong & John R. Meyer, 1990. "Sustaining Investment, Discretionary Investment, and Valuation: A Residual Funds Study of the Paper Industry," NBER Chapters, in: Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, pages 127-148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anton Miglo, 2012.
"Managers versus Students: New Approach in Improving Capital Structure Education,"
Journal of Education and Vocational Research, AMH International, vol. 3(11), pages 353-369.
- Miglo, Anton, 2012. "Managers versus students: new approach in improving capital structure education," MPRA Paper 46695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faig, Miquel, 2000.
"The Optimal Structure of Liquidity Provided by a Self-Financed Central Bank,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 746-765, November.
- Miquel Faig, 1999. "The Optimal structure of Liquidity Provided by a Self Financed Central Bank," Working Papers faig-99-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Preston J. Miller, 1983. "Higher deficit policies lead to higher inflation," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 7(Win).
- Fumio Hayashi, 1983. "Real and Financial Decisions of a Firm with Bankruptcy and Default: An Integration," NBER Working Papers 1097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Smart, 1996. "On limited liability and the development of capital markets: An historical analysis," Working Papers msmart-96-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1990. "Inflation: Theory and evidence," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 963-1012, Elsevier.
- Gérard Mondello, 1990. "Note sur un modèle dynamique de rationnement du crédit," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 41(1), pages 119-134.
- Dean D. Croushore, 1987. "The Neutrality of Optimal Government Financial Policy: Supplying the Intergenerational Free Lunch," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 123-136, Apr-Jun.
- Preston J. Miller, 1980. "Deficit policies, deficit fallacies," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 4(Sum).
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1982. "Beyond Demand and Supply Curves in Macroeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 382-389, May.
- Edgardo Bucciarelli & Nicola Mattoscio, 2021. "Reconsidering Herbert A. Simon’s Major Themes in Economics: Towards an Experimentally Grounded Capital Structure Theory Drawing from His Methodological Conjectures," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 57(3), pages 799-823, March.
- M. Levati & Jianying Qiu & Prashanth Mahagaonkar, 2012.
"Testing the Modigliani-Miller theorem directly in the lab,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 15(4), pages 693-716, December.
- M. Vittoria Levati & Jianying Qiu & Prashanth Mahagaonkar, 2011. "Testing the Modigliani-Miller theorem directly in the lab," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-021, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- John Kamanzi & G.S. Namusonge & Ndabaga Eugene, 2018. "Influence of Capital Structure to the Growth of Women Micro Businesses in Bugesera District," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 8(1), pages 167-186, January.
- Woodford, Michael, 1995.
"Price-level determinacy without control of a monetary aggregate,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-46, December.
- Michael Woodford, 1995. "Price Level Determinacy Without Control of a Monetary Aggregate," NBER Working Papers 5204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David P. Baron, 1973. "Default Risk, Homemade Leverage and the Modigliani-Miller Theorem," Discussion Papers 31, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedmsr:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfrbmus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfrbmus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.