Private money and banking regulation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Holmström, Bengt, 2013. "Inside and Outside Liquidity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262518536.
- Boissay, Frédéric, 2011. "Financial imbalances and financial fragility," Working Paper Series 1317, European Central Bank.
- Ricardo de O. Cavalcanti & Andres Erosa & Ted Temzelides, 1999.
"Private Money and Reserve Management in a Random-Matching Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 929-945, October.
- Cavalcanti, Ricardo & Erosa, Andres & Temzelides, Ted, "undated". "Private Money and Reserve Management in a Random Matching Model," Working Papers 97-17, University of Iowa, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1997.
- Ricardo de O. Cavalcanti & Andres Erosa & Ted Temzelides, 1999. "Private money and reserve management in a random-matching model," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 128, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ricardo de O. Cavalcanti & Andres Erosa, 1998. "Private Money And Reserve Management In A Random Matching Model," Macroeconomics 9802010, EconWPA.
- Ricardo Cavalcanti & Andres Erosa & Ted Temzelides, 1998. "Private Money and Reserve Management in a Random Matching Model," Macroeconomics 9803008, EconWPA.
- Ricardo de O. Cavalcanti & Andres Erosa & Theodosios Temzelides, 1997. "Private money and reserve management in a random matching model," Working Papers 97-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Cavalcanti, R. & Erosa, A. & Temzelides, T., 1997. "Private Money and Reserve Management in a Random Matching Model," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9715, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Winton, Andrew, 1997. "Competition among Financial Intermediaries When Diversification Matters," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 307-346, October.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 14-23.
- Gorton, Gary B., 2010. "Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199734153.
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1983. "New Evidence on the Free Banking Era," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1080-1091, December.
- Gorton, Gary, 1999. "Comment on Private Money Creation and the Suffolk Banking System," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 663-667, August.
- Freeman, Scott, 1996. "The Payments System, Liquidity, and Rediscounting," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1126-1138, December.
- Andolfatto, David & Nosal, Ed, 2009. "Money, intermediation, and banking," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 289-294, April.
- Boyd, John H & De Nicolo, Gianni & Smith, Bruce D, 2004.
"Crises in Competitive versus Monopolistic Banking Systems,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 487-506, June.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló & Bruce D. Smith, 2004. "Crises in competitive versus monopolistic banking systems," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 487-509.
- Bruce D. Smith & Gianni De Nicolo & John H. Boyd, 2003. "Crisis in Competitive Versus Monopolistic Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 03/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Li, Yiting, 2001. "A Search Model of Money and Circulating Private Debt with Applications to Monetary Policy," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(4), pages 925-946, November.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. " Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Winton Andrew, 1995. "Delegated Monitoring and Bank Structure in a Finite Economy," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 158-187, April.
- Ping He & Lixin Huang & Randall Wright, 2005. "Money And Banking In Search Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(2), pages 637-670, May.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jess Benhabib & Jianjun Miao & Pengfei Wang, 2016. "Chaotic banking crises and regulations," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 61(2), pages 393-422, February.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Sanches, Daniel, 2016.
"Can Currency Competition Work?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Daniel Sanches, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," NBER Working Papers 22157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus & Sanches, Daniel R., 2016. "Can currency competition work?," Working Papers 16-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 2016.
"Scarce collateral, the term premium, and quantitative easing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 136-165.
- Williamson, Stephen D., 2014. "Scarce collateral, the term premium, and quantitative easing," Working Papers 2014-8, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate money; Banking structure; Regulation;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedpwp:15-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beth Paul). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbphus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.