Identifying cooperation for innovation: A comparison of data sources
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2004.
"Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 351-370, August.
- Michael Storper & Anthony J. Venables, 2003. "Buzz: Face-to-Face Contact and the Urban Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0598, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Storper, Michael & Venables, Anthony J., 2003. "Buzz: face-to-face contact and the urban economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20008, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Fritsch & Ronney Aamoucke, 2017. "Fields of knowledge in higher education institutions, and innovative start-ups: An empirical investigation," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96, pages 1-27, March.
- Broekel, Tom & Fornahl, Dirk & Morrison, Andrea, 2015.
"Another cluster premium: Innovation subsidies and R&D collaboration networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1431-1444.
- Tom Broekel & Dirk Fornahl & Andrea Morrison, 2015. "Another cluster premium: Innovation subsidies and R&D collaboration networks," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1514, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2015.
- Mansfield, Edwin & Schwartz, Mark & Wagner, Samuel, 1981. "Imitation Costs and Patents: An Empirical Study," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 907-918, December.
- Tom Broekel & Holger Graf, 2010. "Structural properties of cooperation networks in Germany: From basic to applied research," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-078, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Broekel & Holger Graf, 2012. "Public research intensity and the structure of German R&D networks: a comparison of 10 technologies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 345-372, April.
- Michael Fritsch & Holger Graf, 2011. "How sub‐national conditions affect regional innovation systems: The case of the two Germanys," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 331-353, June.
- Martina Kauffeld-Monz & Michael Fritsch, 2013. "Who Are the Knowledge Brokers in Regional Systems of Innovation? A Multi-Actor Network Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 669-685, May.
- Martina Kauffeld-Monz & Michael Fritsch, 2008. "Who are the brokers of knowledge in regional systems of innovation? A multi-actor network analysis," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-089, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Bjorn Asheim & Lars Coenen & Jerker Moodysson & Jan Vang, 2007. "Constructing knowledge-based regional advantage: implications for regional innovation policy," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(2/3/4/5), pages 140-155.
- Wesley M. Cohen & Richard R. Nelson & John P. Walsh, 2000.
"Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (or Not),"
NBER Working Papers
7552, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wesley M Cohen & Richard R Nelson & John P Walsh, 2003. "Protecting Their Intellectual Assets: Appropriability Conditions and Why U.S. Manufacturing Firms Patent (Or Not)," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000624, David K. Levine.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holger Graf, 2011.
"Gatekeepers in regional networks of innovators,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 173-198.
- Holger Graf, 2007. "Gatekeepers in regional networks of innovators," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-054, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Holger Graf, 2008. "Gatekeepers in Regional Networks of Innovators," DRUID Working Papers 08-19, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Cowan, Robin & Jonard, Nicolas, 2004. "Network structure and the diffusion of knowledge," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1557-1575, June.
- Blind, Knut & Edler, Jakob & Frietsch, Rainer & Schmoch, Ulrich, 2006. "Motives to patent: Empirical evidence from Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 655-672, June.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank Oort, 2009.
"The geography of collaborative knowledge production in Europe,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 721-738, September.
- Jarno Hoekman & Koen Frenken & Frank van Oort, 2008. "The geography of collaborative knowledge production in Europe," KITeS Working Papers 214, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Feb 2008.
- Ulrich Schmoch, 1999. "Interaction of Universities and Industrial Enterprises in Germany and the United States-A Comparison," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 51-68.
- Abramo, Giovanni & D'Angelo, Ciriaco Andrea & Caprasecca, Alessandro, 2009. "Allocative efficiency in public research funding: Can bibliometrics help?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 206-215, February.
- Thomas Scherngell & Rafael Lata, 2013. "Towards an integrated European Research Area? Findings from Eigenvector spatially filtered spatial interaction models using European Framework Programme data," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(3), pages 555-577, August.
- Jan Youtie & Philip Shapira, 2008. "Mapping the nanotechnology enterprise: a multi-indicator analysis of emerging nanodistricts in the US South," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 209-223, April.
- Lee Fleming & Charles King & Adam I. Juda, 2007. "Small Worlds and Regional Innovation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(6), pages 938-954, December.
- Mario A. Maggioni & Mario Nosvelli & Teodora Erika Uberti, 2007. "Space versus networks in the geography of innovation: A European analysis," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 471-493, August.
- Ehrenfeld, Wilfried, 2015. "RLPC: Record Linkage Pre-Cleaning – Technical Documentation of Routines," IWH Technical Reports 02/2015e, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Hoekman, Jarno & Frenken, Koen & Tijssen, Robert J.W., 2010. "Research collaboration at a distance: Changing spatial patterns of scientific collaboration within Europe," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 662-673, June.
- Thomas Scherngell & Michael Barber, 2011. "Distinct spatial characteristics of industrial and public research collaborations: evidence from the fifth EU Framework Programme," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(2), pages 247-266, April.
- Anne Ter Wal & Ron Boschma, 2009. "Applying social network analysis in economic geography: framing some key analytic issues," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 739-756, September.
- Holger Graf & Tobias Henning, 2009.
"Public Research in Regional Networks of Innovators: A Comparative Study of Four East German Regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(10), pages 1349-1368, December.
- Holger Graf & Tobias Henning, 2006. "Public Research in Regional Networks of Innovators: A Comparative Study of Four East-German Regions," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 19/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Ehrenfeld, Wilfried, 2015. "RegDemo: Preparation and Merger of Actor Data – Technical Documentation of Routines and Datasets," IWH Technical Reports 01/2015e, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Michael J. Barber & Thomas Scherngell, 2013. "Is the European R&D Network Homogeneous? Distinguishing Relevant Network Communities Using Graph Theoretic and Spatial Interaction Modelling Approaches," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(8), pages 1283-1298, September.
- Martin Meyer, 2002. "Tracing knowledge flows in innovation systems," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 54(2), pages 193-212, June.
- Arundel, Anthony & Kabla, Isabelle, 1998. "What percentage of innovations are patented? empirical estimates for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 127-141, June.
- Mirko Titze & Michael Schwartz & Matthias Brachert, 2012. "A systemic view on knowledge-based development metrics," International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 35-57.
- Roderik Ponds & Frank Van Oort & Koen Frenken, 2007. "The geographical and institutional proximity of research collaboration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 423-443, August.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Daniel A. Griffith, 2008. "Modeling Spatial Autocorrelation In Spatial Interaction Data: An Application To Patent Citation Data In The European Union," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 969-989, December.
- Holger Graf, 2006. "Networks in the Innovation Process," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 4249, July.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2011. "Determinants of the Efficiency of Regional Innovation Systems," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 905-918.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aleksandra Zygmunt, 2020. "Do Human Resources and the Research System Affect Firms’ Innovation Activities? Results from Poland and the Czech Republic," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(6), pages 1-14, March.
More about this item
Keywordsknowledge interactions; social network analysis; regional innovation systems; data sources;
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2019-01-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-GEO-2019-01-28 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2019-01-28 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2019-01-28 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-PPM-2019-01-28 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SBM-2019-01-28 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SOC-2019-01-28 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-TID-2019-01-28 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
- NEP-URE-2019-01-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iwhdps:12019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwhhhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.