Labor market integration of migrants: Hidden costs and benefits in two-tier welfare states
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersen, Torben M., 2002. "International Integration, Risk and the Welfare State," IZA Discussion Papers 456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2000.
" Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 463-479, June.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1999. "Unskilled Migration: A Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State," NBER Working Papers 7013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E., 1999. "Unskilled Migration: a Burden or a Boon for the Welfare State?," Papers 8-99, Tel Aviv.
- George J. Borjas, 1995. "The Economic Benefits from Immigration," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 3-22, Spring.
- Booth,Alison L., 1994. "The Economics of the Trade Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521468398, Fall.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1985. " The Economic Theory of Trade Unions: An Introductory Survey," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(2), pages 160-193.
- Anzelika Zaiceva & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2008.
"Scale, diversity, and determinants of labour migration in Europe,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 24(3), pages 428-452, Autumn.
- Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2008. "Scale, Diversity and Determinants of Labour Migration in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 6921, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2008. "Scale, Diversity, and Determinants of Labour Migration in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 3595, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1998. "Immigration und Arbeitsmarkt: Eine oekonomische Perspektive," IZA Discussion Papers 7, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wildasin, David E, 1995. " Factor Mobility, Risk and Redistribution in the Welfare State," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 527-546, December.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2002. "Der neue Systemwettbewerb," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(4), pages 391-407, November.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2003. "Immigration, Unemployment and Pensions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(1), pages 31-48, March.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991. "Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- Fuest, Clemens & Thum, Marcel, 2000.
"Welfare effects of immigration in a dual labor market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 551-563, September.
- Clemens Fuest & Marcel Thum, 1999. "Welfare Effects of Immigration in a Dual Labor Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 215, CESifo Group Munich.
- Giovanni Facchini & Anna Maria Mayda, 2009.
"Does the Welfare State Affect Individual Attitudes toward Immigrants? Evidence across Countries,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 295-314, May.
- Giovanni Facchini & Anna Maria Mayda, 2007. "Does the Welfare State Affect Individual Attitudes towards Immigrants? Evidence Across Countries," Development Working Papers 233, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Maria, 2007. "Does the Welfare State Affect Individual Attitudes towards Immigrants? Evidence Across Countries," Economics Discussion Papers 8915, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Kreiner, Claus Thustrup & Whitta-Jacobsen, Hans Jorgen, 2002.
"Duration dependent unemployment benefits in trade union theory,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1229-1251, July.
- Claus Thustrup Hansen & Hans Jørgen Jacobsen, 1998. "Duration Dependent Unemployment Benefits in Trade Union Theory," Discussion Papers 98-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Bodvarsson, Örn B. & Van den Berg, Hendrik F. & Lewer, Joshua J., 2008.
"Measuring immigration's effects on labor demand: A reexamination of the Mariel Boatlift,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 560-574, August.
- Bodvarsson, Örn B. & Lewer, Joshua J. & Van den Berg, Hendrik, 2007. "Measuring Immigration's Effects on Labor Demand: A Reexamination of the Mariel Boatlift," IZA Discussion Papers 2919, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1975. "On the Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 1065-1072, October.
- Torben M. Andersen, 2003. "European integration and the welfare state," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Berry, R Albert & Soligo, Ronald, 1969. "Some Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(5), pages 778-794, Sept./Oct.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Choudhri, Ehsan U., 1987. "International migration versus foreign investment in the presence of unemployment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 329-342, November.
- Martin Kahanec & Anna Myung-Hee Kim & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2013.
"Pitfalls of immigrant inclusion into the European welfare state,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 39-55, March.
- Kahanec, Martin & Kim, Anna Myunghee & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2011. "Pitfalls of Immigrant Inclusion into the European Welfare State," IZA Discussion Papers 6260, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2004. "Unemployment Insurance, Immigrants' Skills, and Native Earnings," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 60(1), pages 111-111, April.
- Stark, Oded & Micevska, Maja & Mycielski, Jerzy, 2009. "Relative poverty as a determinant of migration: Evidence from Poland," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 119-122, June.
More about this item
Keywordsmigration; welfare state; trade union;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- H53 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Welfare Programs
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J5 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-04-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2012-04-03 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fubsbe:20125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwfubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.