Challenges to the Scandinavian welfare model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Assar Lindbeck & Sten Nyberg & Jörgen W. Weibull, 1999.
"Social Norms and Economic Incentives in the Welfare State,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 1-35.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Nyberg, Sten & Weibull, Jörgen W., 1997. "Social Norms and Economic Incentives in the Welfare State," Working Paper Series 476, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1995.
" A Theory of the Welfare State,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 495-526, December.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1994. "A Theory of the Welfare State," CESifo Working Paper Series 65, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1995. "A Theory of the Welfare State," CEPR Discussion Papers 1278, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1994. "A Theory of the Welfare State," NBER Working Papers 4856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andersen, Torben M., 2002. "International Integration, Risk and the Welfare State," IZA Discussion Papers 456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barr, Nicholas, 2001. "The Welfare State as Piggy Bank: Information, Risk, Uncertainty, and the Role of the State," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199246595.
- Lawrence Summers & Jonathan Gruber & Rodrigo Vergara, 1993.
"Taxation and the Structure of Labor Markets: The Case of Corporatism,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(2), pages 385-411.
- Lawrence H. Summers & Jonathan Gruber & Rodrigo Vergara, 1992. "Taxation and the Structure of Labor Markets: The Case of Corporatism," NBER Working Papers 4063, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eaton, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S, 1980. "Taxation, Human Capital, and Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 705-715, September.
- Varian, Hal R., 1980. "Redistributive taxation as social insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-68, August.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1997. "Incentives and Social Norms in Household Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 370-377, May.
- Barr, Nicholas, 1992. "Economic Theory and the Welfare State: A Survey and Interpretation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(2), pages 741-803, June.
- A. B. Atkinson, 1999. "The Economic Consequences of Rolling Back the Welfare State," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011719, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henri L.F. de Groot & Richard Nahuis & Paul J.G. Tang & John Fitz Gerald, 2006.
"Is the American Model Miss World? Choosing Between the Anglo-Saxon Model and a European-Style Alternative,"
Chapters,in: Competitiveness and Growth in Europe, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- H.L.F. de Groot & R. Nahuis & P.J.G. Tang, 2004. "Is the American Model Miss World? Choosing between the Anglo-Saxon Model and a European-Style Alternative," Working Papers 04-26, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Henri de Groot & Richard Nahuis & Paul Tang, 2004. "Is the American model Miss World? Choosing between the Anglo-Saxon model and a European-style alternative," CPB Discussion Paper 40, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Paldam, Martin, 2004. "Introduction to the 2003 European Public Choice Society plenary lectures: The Nordic welfare state--success under stress," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 739-742, September.
- Torben Andersen, 2008. "The Scandinavian model—prospects and challenges," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 15(1), pages 45-66, February.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2009.
"Openness, Government Size and the Terms of Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 629-668.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2005. "Openness, government size and the terms of trade," Economics Working Papers 915, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 2008.
- Paolo Epifani & Gino Gancia, 2008. "Openness, Government Size and the Terms of Trade," IEW - Working Papers 359, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hasan Mahmut KALKIÞIM, 2016. "Social Municipality Perception in Turkey: A Case Study in the Istanbul, Izmir, Adana, Diyarbakýr Metropolitan Municipalities," Turkish Economic Review, KSP Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 216-224, March.
- McCartney, Gerry & Collins, Chik & Mackenzie, Mhairi, 2013. "What (or who) causes health inequalities: Theories, evidence and implications?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 221-227.
- Jakee, Keith & Sun, Guang-Zhen, 2005. "External habit formation and dependency in the welfare state," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 83-98, March.
- Noerreslet, Mikkel & Jemec, Gregor B.E. & Traulsen, Janine M., 2009. "Involuntary autonomy: Patients' perceptions of physicians, conventional medicines and risks in the management of atopic dermatitis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1409-1415, November.
- Lane Kenworthy, 2008. "Government Benefits, Inequality and Employment," LIS Working papers 472, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:20:y:2004:i:3:p:743-754. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .