Altruism and international labour migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Philippe Michel & Bertrand Crettez, 1996.
"Time preference and labour migration in an OLG model with land and capital,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 9(4), pages 387-403.
- CRETTEZ , Bertrand & MICHEL , Philippe & VIDAL , Jean-Pierre, 1995. "Time Preference and Labour Migration in an OLG Model with Land and Capital," CORE Discussion Papers 1995046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Karayalcin, Cem, 1994. "Temporary and permanent migration with and without an immobile factor," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 197-215, April.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Galor, Oded & Stark, Oded, 1991. "The Impact of Differences in the Levels of Technology on International Labor Migration," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Philippe Michel & Bertrand Crettez, 1998. "Time preference and capital mobility in an OLG model with land," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 149-158.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1985. "International Trade and Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 691-707, September.
- Kochhar, Rakesh, 1992. "International Labor Migration and Domestic Labor Supply," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 5(2), pages 113-134, April.
- Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1975. "On the Welfare Aspects of International Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 1065-1072, October.
- Galor, Oded, 1986. "Time preference and international labor migration," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Kondo, Hitoshi, 1989. "International Factor Mobility and Production Technology," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 2(4), pages 281-299.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inga Heiland & Wilhelm Kohler, 2013. "Heterogeneous Workers, Trade, and Migration," CESifo Working Paper Series 4387, CESifo Group Munich.
- Damien Gaumont & Charbel Macdissi, 2012. "International Migration And Uncertainty:A Non-Factor Price Equalization Overlapping Generations Model," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 55(2), pages 151-177.
- repec:bla:jecrev:v:68:y:2017:i:3:p:333-351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emmanuel Thibault, 2017.
"Is GDP a Relevant Social Welfare Indicator? A Savers–Spenders Theory Approach,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 333-351, September.
- Thibault, Emmanuel, 2016. "Is GDP a Relevant Social Welfare Indicator? A Savers-Spenders Theory Approach," TSE Working Papers 16-651, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
More about this item
KeywordsInternational migration; altruism; overlapping generations;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- E13 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Neoclassical
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:13:y:2000:i:1:p:113-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.