International Migration And Uncertainty:A Non-Factor Price Equalization Overlapping Generations Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Damien Gaumont & Alice Mesnard, 2001. "Inheritance, land, and capital mobility linked to labour mobility," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 669-687.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Damien Gaumont & Alice Mesnard, 2000. "Altruism and international labour migration," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 113-126.
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Philippe Michel & Bertrand Crettez, 1998. "Time preference and capital mobility in an OLG model with land," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 149-158.
- M. C. Burda, 1995. "Migration and the Option Value of Waiting," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,58, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- El-Gamal, Mahmoud A., 1994. "A dynamic migration model with uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(3-4), pages 511-538.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Nyarko, Yaw, 1995. "The transfer of human capital," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(5-7), pages 1033-1064.
- Sunil Kanwar, 1998.
"Are production risk and labour market risk covariant?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 129-146.
- Sunil Kanwar, 1994. "Are Production Risk And Labour Market Risk Covariant?," Working papers 24, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Dustmann, Christian, 1997. "Return migration, uncertainty and precautionary savings," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 295-316, April.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Jean-Pierre Vidal & Philippe Michel & Bertrand Crettez, 1996.
"Time preference and labour migration in an OLG model with land and capital,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 9(4), pages 387-403.
- CRETTEZ , Bertrand & MICHEL , Philippe & VIDAL , Jean-Pierre, 1995. "Time Preference and Labour Migration in an OLG Model with Land and Capital," CORE Discussion Papers 1995046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Berninghaus, Siegfried & Seifert-Vogt, Hans Gunther, 1993. "The role of the target saving motive in guest worker migration A theoretical study," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 181-205.
- Daniel A. Traca, 2005.
"Globalization, Wage Volatility, and the Welfare of Workers,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 237-249, May.
- Daniel Traca, 2005. "Globalization, wage volatility and the welfare of workers," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9227, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Stephen Drinkwater & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Joseph Pearlman, 2003. "The Economic Impact of Migration: A Survey," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Galor, Oded, 1986. "Time preference and international labor migration," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Levy, H & Markowtiz, H M, 1979. "Approximating Expected Utility by a Function of Mean and Variance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 308-317, June.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Migration; Uncertainty; overlapping generations model;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bxr:bxrceb:2013/143389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dulbebe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.