Pegging the future West African single currency in regard to internal/external competitiveness: a counterfactual analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elena Loukoianova & Plamen K Iossifov, 2007. "Estimation of a Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate Model for Ghana," IMF Working Papers 07/155, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Cashin & C. John McCDermott, 2002.
"The Long-Run Behavior of Commodity Prices: Small Trends and Big Variability,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 49(2), pages 1-2.
- Paul Cashin & C. John McDermott, 2001. "The Long-Run Behavior of Commodity Prices; Small Trends and Big Variability," IMF Working Papers 01/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Xavier Debrun & Paul Masson & Catherine Pattillo, 2005.
"Monetary union in West Africa: who might gain, who might lose, and why?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 454-481, May.
- Paul R Masson & Xavier Debrun & Catherine A Pattillo, 2002. "Monetary Union in West Africa; Who Might Gain, Who Might Lose, and Why?," IMF Working Papers 02/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Gruen, David W R & Wilkinson, Jenny, 1994.
"Australia's Real Exchange Rate--Is It Explained by the Terms of Trade or by Real Interest Differentials?,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 70(209), pages 204-219, June.
- David W.R. Gruen & Jenny Wilkinson, 1991. "Australia’s Real Exchange Rate – Is it Explained by the Terms of Trade or by Real Interest Differentials?," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9108, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Chen, Yu-chin & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2003. "Commodity currencies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 133-160, May.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde & Valérie Mignon, 2011.
"Does Euro or Dollar Pegging Impact the Real Exchange Rate? The Case of Oil and Commodity Currencies,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(9), pages 1557-1592, September.
- Virginie Coudert & Cécile Couharde & Valérie Mignon, 2008. "Do Terms of Trade Drive Real Exchange Rates? Comparing Oil and Commodity Currencies," Working Papers 2008-32, CEPII research center.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Saiki, Ayako, 2002. "A Proposal to Anchor Monetary Policy by the Price of the Export Commodity," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 17, pages 417-448.
- Tsangarides, Charalambos G. & Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed, 2008. "Monetary Union Membership in West Africa: A Cluster Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1261-1279, July.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Maylis Coupet, 2005.
"On the Adequacy of Monetary Arrangements in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 349-373, March.
- A. Bénassy-Quéré & Maylis Coupet, 2003. "On the Adequacy of Monetary Arrangements in Sub-Saharian Africa," THEMA Working Papers 2003-38, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Maylis Coupet, 2003. "On the Adequacy of Monetary Arrangements in Sub-Saharian Africa," Working Papers 2003-11, CEPII research center.
- Jonathan Kearns, 2007. "Commodity Currencies: Why Are Exchange Rate Futures Biased if Commodity Futures Are Not?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 83(260), pages 60-73, March.
- Clinton, Kevin, 2001. "On Commodity-Sensitive Currencies and Inflation Targeting," Staff Working Papers 01-3, Bank of Canada.
- Paul R. Masson, 2008. "Currency Unions in Africa: Is the Trade Effect Substantial Enough to Justify their Formation?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 533-547, April.
- Sjaastad, Larry A., 1998. "On exchange rates, nominal and real," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 407-439, June.
- Hans Weisfeld & Manuela Goretti, 2008. "Trade in the WAEMU; Developments and Reform Opportunities," IMF Working Papers 08/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Alagidede & George Tweneboah & Anokye M. Adam, 2008. "Nominal Exchange Rates and Price Convergence in the West African Monetary Zone," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 7(3), pages 181-198, December.
- Zhao, Xiaodan & Kim, Yoonbai, 2009. "Is the CFA Franc Zone an Optimum Currency Area?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1877-1886, December.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2005. "Peg the export price index: A proposed monetary regime for small countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 495-508, June.
- Daniel Gbetnkom, 2006. "On the Empirics of Market Integration in ECOWAS," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 289-303.
- Chrysost BANGAKE, 2007.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Optimum Currency Area Index : Evidence from Africa,"
LEO Working Papers / DR LEO
603, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Chrysost Bangake, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Optimum Currency Area Index : Evidence from Africa," Post-Print halshs-00268275, HAL.
- Chantal Dupasquier & Patrick N. Osakwe & Shandre M. Thangavelu, 2005. "Choice of Monetary and Exchange Regimes in ECOWAS: An Optimum Currency Area Analysis," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0510, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Sissoko, Yaya & Dibooglu, Sel, 2006. "The exchange rate system and macroeconomic fluctuations in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 141-156, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWest Africa; peg; counterfactual analysis; commodity prices;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-04-04 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2010-04-04 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2010-04-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2010-974. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .