Report NEP-AFR-2010-04-04This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Naude, Wim, 2010. "Suburbanization and Residential Desegregation in South Africa's Cities," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wolfhard Kaus, 2010. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race: Evidence from South Africa," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Guerzoni, Andrea, 2010. "Growth, History, or Institutions? What Explains State Fragility in Sub-Saharan Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 4817, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elizaphan J.O. Rao & Matin Qaim, 2010. "Supermarkets, farm household income, and poverty: Insights from Kenya," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 28, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Bengtsson, Niklas, 2010. "The marginal propensity to earn, consume and save out of unearned income in South Africa," Working Paper Series 2010:4, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Willem H. Boshoff, 2010. "The strategic implications of black empowerment in South Africa: a case study of boundary choice and client preferences in a small firm," Working Papers 07/2010, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Havrylchyk, Olena, 2010. "A macroeconomic credit risk model for stress testing the South African banking sector," MPRA Paper 21639, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fahy Bryceson, Deborah, 2010. "Dar es Salaam as a 'Harbour of Peace' in East Africa: Tracing the Role of Creolized Urban Ethnicity in Nation-State Formation," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Working Paper W, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gilles Duffrenot & Kimiko Sugimoto, 2010. "Pegging the future West African single currency in regard to internal/external competitiveness: a counterfactual analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp974, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Serneels, Pieter & Montalvo, Jose G. & Pettersson, Gunilla & Lievens, Tomas & Butera, Jean Damascene & Kidanu, Aklilu, 2010. "Who Wants to Work in a Rural Health Post? The Role of Intrinsic Motivation, Rural Background and Faith-Based Institutions in Rwanda and Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 4831, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Essama-Nssah, B. & Bassole, Leandre, 2010. "A counterfactual analysis of the poverty impact of economic growth in Cameroon," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5249, The World Bank.
- Mensah, Joseph & Oppong, Joseph R. & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2009. "Ghana's National Health Insurance Scheme in the Context of the Health MDGs – An Empirical Evaluation Using Propensity Score Matching," Ruhr Economic Papers 157, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.