Supermarkets, farm household income, and poverty: Insights from Kenya
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nassul S. Kabunga & Thomas Dubois & Matin Qaim, 2012.
"Yield Effects of Tissue Culture Bananas in Kenya: Accounting for Selection Bias and the Role of Complementary Inputs,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 444-464, June.
- Kabunga, Nassul S. & Dubois, Thomas & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Yield Effects of Tissue Culture Bananas in Kenya: Accounting for Selection Bias and the Role of Complementary Inputs," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 43, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Nassul S. Kabunga & Thomas Dubois & Matin Qaim, 2011. "Yield Effects of Tissue Culture Bananas in Kenya: Accounting for Selection Bias and the Role of Complementary Inputs," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 82, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Herforth, Nico & Theuvsen, Ludwig & Vásquez, Wilson & Wollni, Meike, 2015. "Understanding participation in modern supply chains under a social network perspective – evidence from blackberry farmers in the Ecuadorian Andes," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 197709, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Jalang'o, Dorcas Anyango & Otieno, David Jakinda & Kosura, Willis-Oluoch, 2016. "Factors influencing smallholder farmers’ participation in domestic high value markets for African Indigenous Vegetables in rural Kenya," 2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 246390, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Jalang'o, Dorcas Anyango, 2016. "Economic Analysis Of Smallholder Farmers’ Participation In Domestic High-Value Markets For Indigenous Vegetables In Siaya County, Kenya," Research Theses 276431, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Hichaambwa, Munguzwe & Chamberlin, Chamberlin & Kabwe, Stephen, 2015. "Is Smallholder Horticulture the Unfunded Poverty Reduction Option in Zambia? A Comparative Assessment of Welfare Effects of Participation in Horticultural and Maize Markets," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 207022, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jalang’o, Dorcas Anyango & Otieno, David Jakinda & Oluoch-Kosura, Willis, 2016. "Economic Analysis Of Smallholder Farmers’ Participation In Domestic High-Value Markets For Indigenous Vegetables In Siaya County, Kenya," Dissertations and Theses 269269, University of Nairobi, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Langat, B.K. & Ngéno, V.K. & Nyangweso, Philip M. & Mutwol, M. J. & Gohole, L. & Yaninek, S., 2013. "Drivers of Technology Adoption in a Subsistence Economy: The case of Tissue Culture Bananas in Western Kenya," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161444, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Swinnen Johan & Vandeplas Anneleen, 2012.
"Rich Consumers and Poor Producers: Quality and Rent Distribution in Global Value Chains,"
Journal of Globalization and Development,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-30, January.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Rich consumers and poor producers: Quality and rent distribution in global value chains," IFPRI discussion papers 932, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordssupermarkets; household income; sample selection; endogenous switching regression; Kenya; Africa;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-04-04 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2010-04-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2010-04-04 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:got:gotcrc:028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dominik Noe). General contact details of provider: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/82144.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.