EU Food Safety Standards, Pesticide Use and Farm‐level Productivity: The Case of High‐value Crops in Kenya
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- AUGIER Patricia & GAZIOREK Michael & LAITONG Charles, 2004. "The Impact of Rules of Origin On Trade Flows," International Trade 0404001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- John M. Antle & Susan M. Capalbo, 1994. "Pesticides, Productivity, and Farmer Health: Implications for Regulatory Policy and Agricultural Research," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 598-602.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Antle & Prabhu L. Pingali, 1994. "Pesticides, Productivity, and Farmer Health: A Philippine Case Study," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 418-430.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Bhavani Shankar & Colin Thirtle, 2005. "Pesticide Productivity and Transgenic Cotton Technology: The South African Smallholder Case," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 97-116, March.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clem, 2001.
"Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental, health and sustainability costs,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 449-462, December.
- Wilson, Clevo & Tisdell, Clement A., 2000. "Why farmers continue to use pesticides despite environmental health and sustainability costs," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48363, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Erik Lichtenberg & David Zilberman, 1986.
"The Econometrics of Damage Control: Why Specification Matters,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(2), pages 261-273.
- Lichtenberg, Erik & Zilberman, David, 1985. "The Econometrics of Damage Control: Why Specification Matters," CUDARE Working Papers 198273, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Jacob Nielsen Arendt & Anders Holm, 2006. "Probit Models with Binary Endogenous Regressors," CAM Working Papers 2006-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Qaim, Matin, 2003. "Bt Cotton in India: Field Trial Results and Economic Projections," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2115-2127, December.
- Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & Rozelle, Scott & Qiao, Fangbin & Pray, Carl E., 2002. "Transgenic varieties and productivity of smallholder cotton farmers in China," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(3), pages 1-21.
- C. Dolan, 2001. "The 'Good Wife': Struggles over Resources in the Kenyan Horticultural Sector," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 39-70.
- Prabhu L. Pingali & Cynthia B. Marquez & Florencia G. Palis, 1994. "Pesticides and Philippine Rice Farmer Health: A Medical and Economic Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(3), pages 587-592.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Asfaw, Solomon & Mithofer, Dagmar & Waibel, Hermann, 2008. "EU private agrifood standards in African high-value crops: pesticide use and farm-level productivity," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44145, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sanglestsawai, Santi & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Yorobe, Jose M., 2014. "Do lower yielding farmers benefit from Bt corn? Evidence from instrumental variable quantile regressions," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 285-296.
- Konstantinos Chatzimichael & Margarita Genius & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2020. "Pesticide Use, Health Impairments and Economic Losses Under Rational Farmers Behavior," Working Papers 2003, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Jianhua Wang & May Chu & Yuting Ma, 2018. "Measuring Rice Farmer’s Pesticide Overuse Practice and the Determinants: A Statistical Analysis Based on Data Collected in Jiangsu and Anhui Provinces of China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-17, March.
- Doko Tchatoka, Firmin & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2020.
"Exogeneity tests, incomplete models, weak identification and non-Gaussian distributions: Invariance and finite-sample distributional theory,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 390-418.
- Firmin Doko Tchatoka & Jean-Marie Dufour, 2016. "Exogeneity tests, incomplete models, weak identification and non-Gaussian distributions: invariance and finite-sample distributional theory," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-62, CIRANO.
- Firmin DOKO TCHATOKA & Jean-Marie DUFOUR, 2016. "Exogeneity Tests, Incomplete Models, Weak Identification and Non-Gaussian Distributions : Invariance and Finite-Sample Distributional Theory," Cahiers de recherche 14-2016, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Guilhem Bascle, 2008. "Controlling for endogeneity with instrumental variables in strategic management research," Post-Print hal-00576795, HAL.
- Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2001.
"Impact of the Integrated Pest Management Program on the Indonesian Economy,"
Economics and Environment Network Working Papers
0102, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Budy P. Resosudarmo, 2016. "Impact of the Integrated Pest Management Program on the Indonesian Economy," EEPSEA Research Report rr2016059, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Apr 2016.
- Budi P. Resosudarmo, 2001. "Impact of the Integrated Pest Management Program on the Indonesian Economy," EEPSEA Research Report rr2001101, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Oct 2001.
- Cullen F. Goenner, 2011. "Simultaneity between Trade and Conflict: Endogenous Instruments of Mass Destruction," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 28(5), pages 459-477, November.
- Atreya, Kishor, 2008. "Health costs from short-term exposure to pesticides in Nepal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 511-519, August.
- David T. Frazier & Eric Renault & Lina Zhang & Xueyan Zhao, 2020. "Weak Identification in Discrete Choice Models," Papers 2011.06753, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2021.
- Balsmeier, Benjamin & Buchwald, Achim & Peters, Heiko, 2011. "Outside board memberships of CEOs: Expertise or entrenchment?," DICE Discussion Papers 26, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Fangbin Qiao & Jikun Huang & Caiping Zhang, 2016. "The Sustainability of the Farm-level Impact of Bt Cotton in China," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 602-618, September.
- Waibel, Hermann & Pemsl, Diemuth E. & Gutierrez, Andrew P., 2005. "Institutional Constraints for the Success of Agricultural Biotechnology in Developing Countries: The Case of Bt-Cotton in Shandong Province, China," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 25, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kouser, Shahzad & Qaim, Matin & Abedullah, 2015. "Bt cotton and employment effects for female agricultural laborers in Pakistan: An application of double-hurdle model," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212014, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Julius J. Okello & Scott M. Swinton, 2010. "From Circle of Poison to Circle of Virtue: Pesticides, Export Standards and Kenya’s Green Bean Farmers," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 209-224, June.
- Michael T. French & Johanna C. Maclean, 2006. "Underage alcohol use, delinquency, and criminal activity," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(12), pages 1261-1281, December.
- Xingliang Ma & Melinda Smale & David J. Spielman & Patricia Zambrano & Hina Nazli & Fatima Zaidi, 2017.
"A Question of Integrity: Variants of Bt Cotton, Pesticides and Productivity in Pakistan,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 366-385, June.
- Ma, Xingliang & Smale, Melinda & Spielman, David & Zambrano, Patricia & Nazli, Hina & Zaidi, Fatima, 2016. "A question of integrity: Variants of Bt cotton, pesticides, and productivity in Pakistan," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235527, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elahi, Ehsan & Weijun, Cui & Zhang, Huiming & Nazeer, Majid, 2019. "Agricultural intensification and damages to human health in relation to agrochemicals: Application of artificial intelligence," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 461-474.
- Ghislain B. D. Aïhounton & Arne Henningsen & Neda Trifkovic, 2021. "Pesticide Handling and Human Health: Conventional and Organic Cotton Farming in Benin," IFRO Working Paper 2021/06, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Ayesh, Abubakr & Swinton, Scott M., 2020. "Does a Lemon Technology for Pest Control Act as a Substitute for Insecticides?," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304535, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:60:y:2009:i:3:p:645-667. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Wiley Content Delivery (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.