Currency Unions in Africa: Is the Trade Effect Substantial Enough to Justify their Formation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charalambos Tsangarides & Pierre Ewenczyk & Michal Hulej & Mahvash Saeed Qureshi, 2009.
"Are Africa's Currency Unions Good for Trade?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(4), pages 876-918, November.
- Michal Hulej & Charalambos G Tsangarides & Pierre Ewenczyk, 2006. "Stylized Facts on Bilateral Trade and Currency Unions; Implications for Africa," IMF Working Papers 06/31, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009.
"The Benefits And Costs Of Monetary Union In Southern Africa: A Critical Survey Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-43, February.
- George S. Tavlas, 2008. "The Benefits and Costs of Monetary Union in Southern Africa: A Critical Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 70, Bank of Greece.
- Gnimassoun, Blaise, 2015.
"The importance of the exchange rate regime in limiting current account imbalances in sub-Saharan African countries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 36-74.
- Blaise Gnimassoun, 2014. "The importance of the exchange rate regime in limiting current account imbalances in sub-Saharan African countries," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-22, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Tomáš Havránek, 2009. "Rose Effect and the Euro: The Magic is Gone," Working Papers IES 2009/20, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Aug 2009.
- Asongu, Simplice & Nwachukwu, Jacinta & Tchamyou, Vanessa, 2017.
"A summary of a survey on proposed African monetary unions,"
79637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu & Vanessa S. Tchamyou, 2017. "A summary of a survey on proposed African monetary unions," Working Papers 17/008, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed & Tsangarides, Charalambos G., 2012.
"Hard or Soft Pegs? Choice of Exchange Rate Regime and Trade in Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 667-680.
- Mahvash Saeed Qureshi & Charalambos G. Tsangarides, 2011. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Trade: Is Africa Different?," WIDER Working Paper Series 014, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gilles Duffrenot & Kimiko Sugimoto, 2010. "Pegging the future West African single currency in regard to internal/external competitiveness: a counterfactual analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp974, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Coulibaly, Issiaka & Gnimassoun, Blaise, 2013.
"Optimality of a monetary union: New evidence from exchange rate misalignments in West Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 463-482.
- Issiaka Coulibaly & Blaise Gnimassoun, 2012. "Optimality of a monetary union : New evidence from exchange rate misalignments in West Africa," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-37, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta Nwachukwu & Vanessa Tchamyou, 2017.
"A Literature Survey On Proposed African Monetary Unions,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 878-902, July.
- Asongu, Simplice A & Nwachukwu, Jacinta & Tchamyou, Vanessa, 2015. "A Literature Survey on Proposed African Monetary Unions," MPRA Paper 70234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta C. Nwachukwu & Vanessa S. Tchamyou, 2015. "A Literature Survey on Proposed African Monetary Unions," Working Papers 15/042, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Patrick-Hervé Mbouombouo Mfossa, 2015. "GOUVERNANCE ECONOMIQUE ET STABILISATION DES CHOCS ASYMETRIQUES: Quel mécanisme pour une meilleure viabilité de la CEMAC ?," Working Papers hal-01213989, HAL.
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2017. "The Euro and the CFA Franc: Evidence of sectoral trade effects," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 311, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Lisa Borgatti, 2011. "Economic Integration in Sub-Saharan Africa," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume I, chapter 20 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:worlde:v:31:y:2008:i:4:p:533-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.