Standards and agro-food exports from developing countries: rebalancing the debate
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000. "Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 231-240, September.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., ed., 2003. "Food safety in food security and food trade:," 2020 vision focus 10, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John C. Beghin & Jean-Christophe Bureau, 2017.
"Quantitative Policy Analysis Of Sanitary, Phytosanitary And Technical Barriers To Trade,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: John Christopher Beghin (ed.), Nontariff Measures and International Trade, chapter 3, pages 39-62,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- John C. Beghin & Jean-Christophe Bureau, 2001. "Quantitative Policy Analysis of Sanitary, Phytosanitary and Technical Barriers to Trade," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 87, pages 107-130.
- Beghin, John C. & Bureau, Jean-Christophe, 2001. "Quantitative Policy Analysis of Sanitary, Phytosanitary and Technical Barriers to Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5119, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Beghin, John C. & Bureau, Jean-Christophe, 2005. "Quantitative Policy Analysis of Sanitary, Phytosanitary and Technical Barriers to Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12740, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- C. Dolan & J. Humphrey, 2000. "Governance and Trade in Fresh Vegetables: The Impact of UK Supermarkets on the African Horticulture Industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-176.
- Unknown, 2003. "International Trade And Food Safety: Economic Theory And Case Studies," Agricultural Economics Reports 33941, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 495-514, October.
- Salay, Elisabete, 2003. "Case study reducing mycotoxins in Brazilian crops," 2020 vision briefs 10 No. 15, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Calvin, Linda & Flores, Luis & Foster, William, 2003. "Case study Guatemalan raspberries and cyclospora," 2020 vision briefs 10 No. 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Roberts, Donna & Josling, Timothy E. & Orden, David, 1999. "A Framework for Analyzing Technical Trade Barriers in Agricultural Markets," Technical Bulletins 33560, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Henson, Spencer & Mitullah Winnie, 2004. "Kenyan exports of Nile perch : the impact of food safety standards on an export-oriented supply chain," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3349, The World Bank.
- Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Marette, Stephan & Schiavina, Alessandra, 1998. "Non-tariff Trade Barriers and Consumers' Information: The Case of the EU-US Trade Dispute over Beef," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(4), pages 437-462.
- Dave D. Weatherspoon & Thomas Reardon, 2003. "The Rise of Supermarkets in Africa: Implications for Agrifood Systems and the Rural Poor," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21, pages 333-355, May.
- Cato, James C. & Subasinge, S., 2003. "Case study the shrimp export industry in Bangladesh," 2020 vision briefs 10 No. 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wilson, John & Otsuki, Tsunehiro, 2003. "Balancing risk reduction and benefits from trade in setting standards," 2020 vision briefs 10 No. 6, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Public Health Promotion; Environmental Economics&Policies; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Labor Policies; Agricultural Knowledge&Information Systems; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Livestock&Animal Husbandry; Food&Beverage Industry;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2004-10-21 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.