Stabilization and Fiscal Empowerment : The Twin Challenges Facing India's States, Volume 2. Detailed Report
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||May 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Khemani, Stuti, 2002. "Federal politics and budget deficits: evidence from the states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2915, The World Bank.
- Shenggen Fan & Peter Hazell & Sukhadeo Thorat, 2000. "Government Spending, Growth and Poverty in Rural India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1038-1051.
- Bas Klaauw & Limin Wang, 2011.
"Child mortality in rural India,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 601-628, April.
- Van der Klaauw, Bas & Limin Wang, 2004. "Child mortality in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3281, The World Bank.
- Bas van der Klaauw & Limin Wang, 2005. "Child Mortality In Rural India," Working Papers id:136, eSocialSciences.
- Richard M Bird & Andrey V Tarasov, 2004. "Closing the Gap: Fiscal Imbalances and Intergovernmental Transfers in Developed Federations," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 22(1), pages 77-102, February.
- Richard M Bird & Andrey V Tarasov, 2004. "Closing the gap: fiscal imbalances and intergovernmental transfers in developed federations," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(1), pages 77-102, February.
- Richard Bird & Andrey Tarasov, 2002. "Closing the Gap: Fiscal Imbalaces and Intergovernmental Transfers in Developed Federations," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0202, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2002. "Resolving the Debt Crisis of Low-Income Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 257-286.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, 2003. "Convergence Club Empirics: Some Dynamics and Explanations of Unequal Growth across Indian States," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 69, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sanghamitra, 2003. "Convergence Club Empirics: Some Dynamics and Explanations of Unequal Growth across Indian States," WIDER Working Paper Series 077, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, 2010. "Convergence Club Empirics: Some Dynamics and Explanations of Unequal Growth across Indian States," Working Papers id:3197, eSocialSciences.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay, 2003. "Convergence club empirics: some dynamics and explanations of unequal growth across Indian states," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6553, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rao, M Govinda, 1997. "Invisible Transfers in Indian Federalism," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 52(3-4), pages 429-448.
- M. Govinda Rao, 1998. "Invisible Transfers In Indian Federalism," Departmental Working Papers 1998-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Catriona Purfield, 2004. "The Decentralization Dilemma in India," IMF Working Papers 04/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1995. "Fiscal Expansions and Fiscal Adjustments in OECD Countries," NBER Working Papers 5214, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pritchett, Lant & Filmer, Deon, 1999. "What education production functions really show: a positive theory of education expenditures," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 223-239, April.
- Benedict J. Clements & Sanjeev Gupta & Emanuele Baldacci & Carlos Mulas-Granados, 2002. "Expenditure Composition, Fiscal Adjustment, and Growth in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 02/77, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank, 2000. "India : Reducing Poverty, Accelerating Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15185, September.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Catriona Purfield, 2004. "The Challenge of Fiscal Adjustment in a Democracy; The Case of India," IMF Working Papers 04/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Pinto, Brian & Zahir, Farah, 2004. "India : why fiscal adjustment now," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3230, The World Bank.
- Edgar Cudmore & John Whalley, 2005. "Border Delays and Trade Liberalization," NBER Chapters,in: International Trade in East Asia, NBER-East Asia Seminar on Economics, Volume 14, pages 391-406 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edgar Cudmore & John Whalley, 2002. "Border Delays and Trade Liberalization," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20026, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Edgar Cudmore & John Whalley, 2003. "Border Delays and Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 9485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lahiri, Ashok K., 2000. "Practising sub-national public finance in India," Working Papers 00/dp1, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Baretti, Christian & Huber, Bernd & Lichtblau, Karl, 2002. "A Tax on Tax Revenue: The Incentive Effects of Equalizing Transfers: Evidence from Germany," Munich Reprints in Economics 20129, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- World Bank, 2002. "Brazil : Issues in Fiscal Federalism," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15417, The World Bank.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2002. "Is Good Governance Rewarded? A Cross-national Analysis of Debt Forgiveness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 913-930, June.
- Mila Freire & John Petersen & Marcela Huertas & Miguel Valadez, 2004. "Subnational Capital Markets in Developing Countries : From Theory to Practice," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15044, September.
- Bird, Richard M., 1993. "Threading the Fiscal Labyrinth: Some Issues in Fiscal Decentralization," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 207-27, June.
- JÃ¼rgen von Hagen & Andrew Hughes Hallett & Rolf Strauch, 2001. "Budgetary Consolidation in EMU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 148, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Dreze, Jean & Goyal, Aparajita, 2003. "Future of Mid-Day Meals," MPRA Paper 17386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gulati, Ashok & Narayanan, Sudha, 2003. "The Subsidy Syndrome in Indian Agriculture," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195662061.
- Ardagna, Silvia & Alesina, Alberto, 1998. "Tales of Fiscal Adjustment," Scholarly Articles 2579822, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dreze, Jean & Sen, Amartya, 2002. "India: Development and Participation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199257492.
- K., Jothi Sivagnanam & M., Naganathan, 1999. "Federal Transfers and the Tax efforts of the States in India," MPRA Paper 3208, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna, 1998. "Tales of fiscal adjustment," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 13(27), pages 487-545, October.
- Christian Baretti & Bernd Huber & Karl Lichtblau, 2002. "A Tax on Tax Revenue: The Incentive Effects of Equalizing Transfers: Evidence from Germany," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(6), pages 631-649, November.
- World Bank, 2003. "India : Sustaining Reform, Reducing Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15046, September.
- Sen, Tapas K. & Trebesch, Christoph, 2004. "Use of socio-economic criteria for intergovernmental transfers: The case of India," Working Papers 04/10, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- World Bank, 2004. "Attaining the Millennium Development Goals in India : How Likely and What Will It Take to Reduce Infant Mortality, Child Malnutrition, Gender Disparities and Hunger-Poverty and to Increase School Enro," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15738, The World Bank.
- Shankar, Raja & Shah, Anwar, 2003. "Bridging the Economic Divide Within Countries: A Scorecard on the Performance of Regional Policies in Reducing Regional Income Disparities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 1421-1441, August.
- Khemani, Stuti, 2003. "Partisan politics and intergovernmental transfers in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3016, The World Bank.
- Jonathan A. Rodden & Gunnar S. Eskeland (ed.), 2003. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182297, January.
- World Bank, 2003. "India : Sustaining Reform, Reducing Poverty," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14617, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
- Joseph Hanlon, 2000. "How much debt must be cancelled?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 877-901. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:16775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.