State Finances in India: A Case for Systemic Reform
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2006. "State Finances in India: A Case for Systemic Reform," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8560h76z, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khemani, Stuti, 2002. "Federal politics and budget deficits: evidence from the states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2915, The World Bank.
- Alan Richards & Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "Inter State Water Disputes in India: Institutions and Policies," Development and Comp Systems 0412010, EconWPA.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Catriona Purfield, 2004. "The Challenge of Fiscal Adjustment in a Democracy; The Case of India," IMF Working Papers 04/168, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2007. "Fiscal Federalism and Decentralization in Indiaâˆ—," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt11b543tk, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal policy; intergovernmental transfers; incentives; institutional reform;
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2007-01-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-PBE-2007-01-14 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .