Chasing the dragon: Accounting for the under-performance of India by comparison with China in attracting foreign direct investment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harm Zebregs & Wanda S Tseng, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment in China; Some Lessons for Other Countries," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 02/3, International Monetary Fund.
- Elena Ianchovichina & Terrie Walmsley, 2005. "Impact of China's WTO Accession on East Asia," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 261-277, April.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Loayza, Norman & Serven, Luis, 2005.
"World market integration through the lens of foreign direct investors,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 267-295, July.
- Albuquerque, Rui & Loayza, Norman & Serven, Luis, 2003. "World market integration through the lens of foreign direct investors," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3060, The World Bank.
- Oecd, 2000. "Main Determinants and Impacts of Foreign Direct Investment on China's Economy," OECD Working Papers on International Investment 2000/4, OECD Publishing.
- Prathivadi Bhayankaram Anand, 1999. "India’s economic policy reforms: a review," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Wallsten, Scott & Lixin Colin Xu, 2003. "The investment climate and the firm : firm-level evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3003, The World Bank.
- Anuradha Dayal-Gulati & Aasim M. Husain, 2000. "Centripetal forces in China's Economic Take-Off," IMF Working Papers 00/86, International Monetary Fund.
- A. Thillai Rajan, 2002. "Restructuring State Owned Power Utilities: Qualitative Observations from an Indian Experience," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 77-96, February.
- World Bank, 2003. "India : Sustaining Reform, Reducing Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15046, November.
- Bulent Unel, 2003. "Productivity Trends in India's Manufacturing Sectors in the Last Two Decades," IMF Working Papers 03/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Edward M. Graham & Erika Wada, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in China: Effects on Growth and Economic Performance," Working Paper Series WP01-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- World Bank, 2003. "India : Sustaining Reform, Reducing Poverty," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14617, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; investment; india; china; deficit; growth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:756. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.