Resolving the Debt Crisis of Low-Income Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bird, Graham & Hussain, Mumtaz & Joyce, Joseph P., 2004. "Many happy returns? Recidivism and the IMF," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 231-251, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2004. "Stabilization and Fiscal Empowerment : The Twin Challenges Facing India's States, Volume 2. Detailed Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16775, The World Bank.
- Qayyum, Unbreen & Din, Musleh-ud & Haider, Adnan, 2014.
"Foreign aid, external debt and governance,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 41-52.
- Qayyum, Unbreen & Musleh ud, Din & Haider, Adnan, 2012. "Foreign Aid, External Debt and Governance," MPRA Paper 40260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Unbreen Qayyum & Musleh-ud Din & Adnan Haider, 2013. "Foreign Aid, External Debt and Governance," SBP Working Paper Series 64, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Salifou Issoufou & Edward F Buffie & Mouhamadou Bamba Diop & Kalidou Thiaw, 2014. "Efficient Energy Investment and Fiscal Adjustment in Senegal," IMF Working Papers 14/44, International Monetary Fund.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2008.
"The Debt-Growth Nexus in Poor Countries: A Reassessment,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-28.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2006. "The debt-growth nexus in poor countries: a reassessment," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 22, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2007. "The debt-growth nexus in poor countries: a reassessment," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-17, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sanford, Jonathan E., 2004. "IDA Grants and HIPC Debt Cancellation: Their Effectiveness and Impact on IDA Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1579-1607, September.
- Prokop, Jacek, 2012. "Bargaining over debt rescheduling," MPRA Paper 44315, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marin Ferry & Marc Raffinot, 2018. "Curse or Blessing? Has the impact of debt relief lived up to expectations? A review of the effects of the multilateral debt relief initiatives for low-income countries," Working Papers DT/2018/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Thomas, Jonathan P., 2004.
"Bankruptcy proceedings for sovereign state insolvency and their effect on capital flows,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-361.
- Jonathan Thomas, 2002. "Bankruptcy Proceedings for Sovereign State Insolvency and their Effect on Capital Flows," ESE Discussion Papers 93, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Thomas, Jonathan P., 2003. "Bankruptcy Proceedings for Sovereign State Insolvency and their Effect on Capital Flows," WIDER Working Paper Series 075, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Yibin Mu, 2012. "Striking an Appropriate Balance Among Public Investment, Growth, and Debt Sustainability in Cape Verde," IMF Working Papers 12/280, International Monetary Fund.
- Gunter, Bernhard G. & Rahman, Jesmin & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul? Understanding Who Pays for Debt Relief," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Philip R. Lane, 2003.
"The International Community and the CIS-7,"
Trinity Economics Papers
20033, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Lane, 2003. "The International Community and the CIS-7," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp04, IIIS.
- Ghosal, Sayantan & Miller, Marcus & Thampanishvong, Kannika, 2016. "Waiting for a haircut? A bargaining perspective on sovereign debt restructuring," CEPR Discussion Papers 11710, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Powell, 2003. "Debt Relief, Additionality, and Aid Allocation in Low Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 03/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Prokop, Jacek & Baranowska-Prokop, Ewa, 2012. "The Efficiency of Foreign Borrowing: The Case of Poland," MPRA Paper 44976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sayantan Ghosal & Kannika Thampanishvong, 2007. "The Millenium Development Goals and Sovereign Debt Write-downs," CDMA Working Paper Series 200718, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Cordella, Tito & Missale, Alessandro, 2013. "To give or to forgive? Aid versus debt relief," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 504-528.
- Bhatt, Antra, 2010. "Revisiting Indicators of Public Debt Sustainability: Capital Expenditure, Growth and Public Debt in India," MPRA Paper 27422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yong Kim, Jim & Shakow, Aaron & Mate, Kedar & Vanderwarker, Chris & Gupta, Rajesh & Farmer, Paul, 2005. "Limited good and limited vision: multidrug-resistant tuberculosis and global health policy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 847-859, August.
- Hefeker, Carsten, 2006. "Vermeidung und Bewältigung von Verschuldungskrisen: Die Rolle privater und öffentlicher Institutionen," HWWA Discussion Papers 340, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Thampanishvong Kannika, 2012. "Provision of Public Goods with the Presence of Inter-Class Conflicts," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 18(1), pages 1-29, April.
- Cassimon, Denis & Moreno-Dodson, Blanca & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Debt Sustainability for Low-Income Countries: A Review of Standard and Alternative Concepts," MPRA Paper 11077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James R. Brown & Lauren C. Lax & Bruce C. Petersen, 2010. "Financial Market Crises and Natural Resource Production," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 10(s1), pages 93-124.
- Author-Name: Jeffrey D. Sachs & John W. McArthur & Guido Schmidt-Traub & Margaret Kruk & Chandrika Bahadur & Michael Faye & Gordon McCord, 2004. "Ending Africa's Poverty Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 35(1), pages 117-240.
More about this item
Keywordsmacroeconomics; sovereign debt; new bankruptcy arrangements; Debt Crisis; Low-Income Countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bin:bpeajo:v:33:y:2002:i:2002-1:p:257-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jennifer Ambrosino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esbrous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.