A Tax on Tax Revenue: The Incentive Effects of Equalizing Transfers: Evidence from Germany
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hausman, Jerry A & Taylor, William E, 1981.
"Panel Data and Unobservable Individual Effects,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1377-1398, November.
- Massimo Bordignon & Paolo Manasse & Guido Tabellini, 2001.
"Optimal Regional Redistribution under Asymmetric Information,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 709-723, June.
- Massimo Bordignon & Paolo Manasse & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Optimal Regional Redistribution Under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers 93, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bordignon, Massimo & Manasse, Paolo & Tabellini, Guido, 1996. "Optimal Regional Redistribution Under Asymmetric Information," CEPR Discussion Papers 1437, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Eckhard Wurzel, 1999. "Towards More Efficient Government: Reforming Federal Fiscal Relations in Germany," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 209, OECD Publishing.
- Michael Smart, 1998. "Taxation and Deadweight Loss in a System of Intergovernmental Transfers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 189-206, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bernd Huber & Christian Baretti & Karl Lichtblau, 2000. "A Tax on Tax Revenue. The Incentive Effects of Equalizing Transfers: Evidence from Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 333, CESifo.
- Florent Silve & Alexander Plekhanov, 2018. "Institutions, innovation and growth : Evidence from industry data," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 26(3), pages 335-362, July.
- Pablo Sanguinetti & Martin Besfamille, 2004. "Exerting local tax effort or lobbying for central transfers?: Evidence from Argentina," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 249, Econometric Society.
- Hindriks, Jean & Peralta, Susana & Weber, Shlomo, 2008.
"Competing in taxes and investment under fiscal equalization,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(12), pages 2392-2402, December.
- Jean, HINDRIKS & Susana, PERALTA & Sholmo, WEBER, 2006. "Competing in taxes and investment under fiscal equalization," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006062, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Hindriks, Jean J.G. & Peralta, Susana & Weber, Shlomo, 2007. "Competing in Taxes and Investment under Fiscal Equalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 6431, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- HINDRIKS, Jean & PERALTA, Susana & WEBER, Shlomo, 2006. "Competing in taxes and investment under fiscal equalization," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2006109, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Tammy L. Madsen & Elaine Mosakowski & Srilata Zaheer, 2003. "Knowledge Retention and Personnel Mobility: The Nondisruptive Effects of Inflows of Experience," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 173-191, April.
- AndrÃ©s RodrÃguez-Pose & Roberto Ganau, 2019.
"Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions,"
European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 -
116, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Roberto Ganau, 2021. "Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2107, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2021.
- Ganau, Roberto & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2021. "Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions," CEPR Discussion Papers 15870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2021. "Institutions and the productivity challenge for European regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 108915, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Clemens Bonner & Iman Lelyveld & Robert Zymek, 2015.
"Banks’ Liquidity Buffers and the Role of Liquidity Regulation,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(3), pages 215-234, December.
- Clemens Bonner & Iman van Lelyveld & Robert Zymek, 2013. "Banks' Liquidity Buffers and the Role of Liquidity Regulation," DNB Working Papers 393, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Andrew M. Jones & Audrey Laporte & Nigel Rice & Eugenio Zucchelli, 2019. "Dynamic panel data estimation of an integrated Grossman and Becker–Murphy model of health and addiction," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 703-733, February.
- Robin Boadway & Jean-Francois Tremblay, 2005. "A Theory of Vertical Fiscal Imbalance," Working Papers 2006-04, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Marcelo José Braga Nonnenberg & Mário Jorge Cardoso de Mendonça, 2004. "Determinantes dos Investimentos Diretos Externos em Países em Desenvolvimento," Discussion Papers 1016, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013.
"Food Price Volatility in Developing Countries and its Determinants,"
Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(4), pages 1-32, November.
- Kornher, Lukas & Kalkuhl, Matthias, 2013. "Food price volatility in developing countries and its determinants," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156132, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012.
"Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009. "Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rosella Levaggi & Francesco Menoncin, 2014. "Health care expenditure decisions in the presence of devolution and equalisation grants," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 355-368, December.
- Jan Hanousek & Eugene Kroch, 1998. "The two waves of voucher privatization in the Czech Republic: a model of learning in sequential bidding," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 133-143.
- Robert Lensink & Roselia Servin & Marrit Berg, 2017. "Do Savings and Credit Institutions Reduce Vulnerability? New Evidence From Mexico," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 63(2), pages 335-352, June.
- Varvara Isyuk, 2014. "Resuming bank lending in the aftermath of the Capital Purchase Program," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01093414, HAL.
- Martin Andersson & Hans Lööf, 2011.
"Agglomeration and productivity: evidence from firm-level data,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(3), pages 601-620, June.
- Andersson, Martin & Lööf, Hans, 2009. "Agglomeration and Productivity - evidence from firm-level data," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 170, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Sebastian Kripfganz & Claudia Schwarz, 2019.
"Estimation of linear dynamic panel data models with time‐invariant regressors,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(4), pages 526-546, June.
- Kripfganz, Sebastian & Schwarz, Claudia, 2013. "Estimation of Linear Dynamic Panel Data Models with Time-Invariant Regressors," VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79756, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schwarz, Claudia & Kripfganz, Sebastian, 2015. "Estimation of linear dynamic panel data models with time-invariant regressors," Working Paper Series 1838, European Central Bank.
- Kripfganz, Sebastian & Schwarz, Claudia, 2013. "Estimation of linear dynamic panel data models with time-invariant regressors," Discussion Papers 25/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Hutchison, Michael M & Noy, Ilan, 2005.
"How Bad Are Twins? Output Costs of Currency and Banking Crises,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 725-752, August.
- Michael M. Hutchison & Ilan Neuberger, "undated". "How Bad Are Twins? Output Costs of Currency and Banking Crises," EPRU Working Paper Series 02-09, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hutchison, M M & Noy, I, 2005. "How bad are twins? Output costs of currency and banking crises," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6bt7f4cw, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Michael M. Hutchison & Ilan Noy, 2002. "How bad are twins? output costs of currency and banking crises," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2002-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Leonzio Rizzo, 2006. "Le inefficienze della competizione fiscale: una rassegna dei principali modelli teorici," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 89-120.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal federalism; intergovernmental transfers; interstate equalization;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:9:y:2002:i:6:p:631-649. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.