Exerting local tax effort or lobbying for central transfers?: Evidence from Argentina
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Hepp, Ralf, 2000.
"Regional risksharing and redistribution in the German federation,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 15-2000, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Hepp, Ralf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2001. "Regional Risksharing and Redistribution in the German Federation," CEPR Discussion Papers 2662, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Prud'homme, Remy, 1995. "The Dangers of Decentralization," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 201-220, August.
- Isa Sagbas, 2001. "An econometric analysis of local fiscal response to revenue sharing in Turkey," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(1), pages 85-101, February.
- Massimo Bordignon & Paolo Manasse & Guido Tabellini, 2001.
"Optimal Regional Redistribution under Asymmetric Information,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 709-723, June.
- Massimo Bordignon & Paolo Manasse & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Optimal Regional Redistribution Under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers 93, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bordignon, Massimo & Manasse, Paolo & Tabellini, Guido, 1996. "Optimal Regional Redistribution Under Asymmetric Information," CEPR Discussion Papers 1437, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mariano Tommasi & Sebastian Saiegh & Pablo Sanguinetti, 2001.
"Fiscal Federalism in Argentina: Policies, Politics, and Institutional Reform,"
THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 157-212, January.
- Mariano Tommasi & Sebastian M. Saiegh & Pablo Sanguinetti, 2001. "Fiscal Federalism in Argentina: Policies, Politics, and Institutional Reform," Working Papers 32, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised May 2001.
- Graetz, Michael J & Reinganum, Jennifer F & Wilde, Louis L, 1986.
"The Tax Compliance Game: Toward an Interactive Theory of Law Enforcement,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, Spring.
- Graetz, Michael J. & Reinganum, Jennifer F. & Wilde, Louis L., "undated". "The Tax Compliance Game: Toward an Interactive Theory of Law Enforcement," Working Papers 589, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Bernd Huber & Christian Baretti & Karl Lichtblau, 2000. "A Tax on Tax Revenue. The Incentive Effects of Equalizing Transfers: Evidence from Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 333, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Smart, 1998. "Taxation and Deadweight Loss in a System of Intergovernmental Transfers," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 189-206, February.
- Jones, Mark P. & Sanguinetti, Pablo & Tommasi, Mariano, 2000. "Politics, institutions, and fiscal performance in a federal system: an analysis of the Argentine provinces," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 305-333, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prasant Kumar Panda & Velan Nirmala, 2013. "Central Fiscal Transfers and States' Spending In India: An Analysis of Incentive Effect," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1229-1246.
- Abdul Jalil, Ahmad Zafarullah & Abdul Karim, Noor Al-Huda, 2009. "Understanding Malaysian State Governments Fiscal Behavior: The Role of Intergovernmental Transfers," MPRA Paper 25188, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdul Jalil, Ahmad Zafarullah, 2009. "Decentralization, Subnational Governments' Behaviour and Macroeconomic Instability: The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 19071, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordslocal tax effort - discretionary transfers - tax enforcement;
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2006-06-03 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2006-06-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-06-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:latm04:249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essssea.html .