The Impact of Social Protection on Children: A review of the literature
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Veras Soares & Rafael Perez Ribas & Guilherme Issamu Hirata, 2008. "Los Logros y las Carencias de las Transferencias de Efectivo Condicionadass: Evaluación del Impacto del Programa Tekoporã del Paraguay," Publications Spanish 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- repec:mpr:mprres:6354 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2001. "Brazil : Eradicating Child Labor in Brazil," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15465, The World Bank.
- Johar, Meliyanni, 2009.
"The impact of the Indonesian health card program: A matching estimator approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Meliyanni Johar, 2007. "The Impact of the Indonesian Health Card Program: A Matching Estimator Approach," Discussion Papers 2007-30, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Harounan Kazianga & Damien de Walque & Harold Alderman, 2009.
"Educational and Health Impacts of Two School Feeding Schemes: Evidence from a Randomized Trial in Rural Burkina Faso,"
Economics Working Paper Series
0904, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Kazianga, Harounan & de Walque, Damien & Alderman, Harold, 2009. "Educational and health impacts of two school feeding schemes : evidence from a randomized trial in rural Burkina Faso," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4976, The World Bank.
- Orazio Attanasio & Emla Fitzsimons & Ana Gomez & Martha Isabel GutiÃ©rrez & Costas Meghir & Alice Mesnard, 2010. "Children's Schooling and Work in the Presence of a Conditional Cash Transfer Program in Rural Colombia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(2), pages 181-210, January.
- Sebastian Levine & Servaas van der Berg & Derek Yu, 2009. "Measuring the impact of social cash transfers on poverty and inequality in Namibia," Working Papers 25/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Maluccio, John A. & Flores, Rafael, 2005. "Impact evaluation of a conditional cash transfer program: the Nicaraguan Red de Protección Social," Research reports 141, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bruno Martorano & Marco Sanfilippo, 2012. "Innovative Features in Conditional Cash Transfers: An impact evaluation of Chile Solidario on households and children," Papers inwopa656, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Sarah Baird & Ephraim Chirwa & Craig McIntosh & Berk Özler, 2010.
"The short‐term impacts of a schooling conditional cash transfer program on the sexual behavior of young women,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 55-68, September.
- Baird, Sarah & Chirwa, Ephraim & McIntosh, Craig & Ozler, Berk, 2009. "The short-term impacts of a schooling conditional cash transfer program on the sexual behavior of young women," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5089, The World Bank.
- Sylvie Moulin & Michael Kremer & Paul Glewwe, 2009.
"Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 112-135, January.
- Paul Glewwe & Michael Kremer & Sylvie Moulin, 2007. "Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya," NBER Working Papers 13300, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Kremer & Paul Glewwe & Sylvie Moulin, 2007. "Many Children Left Behind? Textbooks and Test Scores in Kenya," CID Working Papers 149, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Tatiana Britto, 2007. "The Challenges of El Salvador?s Conditional Cash Transfer Programme, Red Solidaria," Country Study 9, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe G. Leite, 2003.
"Conditional Cash Transfers, Schooling and Child Labor : Micro-Simulating Bolsa Escola,"
DELTA Working Papers
2003-07, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe Leite, 2003. "Conditional cash transfers, schoolingand child labor: micro-simulating bolsa escola," Textos para discussão 477, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, November.
- Tan, Jee-Peng & Lane, Julia & Lassibille, Gerard, 1999.
"Student Outcomes in Philippine Elementary Schools: An Evaluation of Four Experiments,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(3), pages 493-508, September.
- Gérard Lassibille & Jee-Peng Tan & Julia Lane, 1999. "Student outcomes in Philippine elementary schools: An evaluation of four experiments," Post-Print halshs-01267362, HAL.
- Armando Barrientos & Miguel Niño‐Zarazúa, 2011. "Financing Social Protection for Children in Crisis Contexts," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29, pages 603-620, September.
- Armando Barrientos & Jocelyn DeJong, 2006. "Reducing Child Poverty with Cash Transfers: A Sure Thing?," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(5), pages 537-552, September.
- Santiago Cueto & Marjorie Chinen, 2001.
"Impacto educativo de un programa de desayunos escolares en escuelas rurales del Perú,"
Documentos de Investigación
dt34, Grupo de Análisis para el Desarrollo (GRADE).
- Cueto, Santiago & Chinen, Marjorie, 2001. "Impacto educativo de un programa de desayunos escolares en escuelas rurales del Perú," Working Papers 37766, Group for the Analysis of Development (GRADE).
- Himaz, Rozana, 2008. "Welfare Grants and Their Impact on Child Health: The Case of Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1843-1857, October.
- Jere R. Behrman & Yingmei Cheng & Petra E. Todd, 2004. "Evaluating Preschool Programs When Length of Exposure to the Program Varies: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 108-132, February.
- Asadul Islam & Chongwoo Choe, 2013.
"Child Labor And Schooling Responses To Access To Microcredit In Rural Bangladesh,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 46-61, January.
- Islam, Asadul & Choe, Chongwoo, 2009. "Child Labour and Schooling Responses to Access to Microcredit in Rural Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 16842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabio Veras Soares & Rafael Perez Ribas & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2007. "Evaluating the Impact of Brazil?s Bolsa Família: Cash Transfer Programmes in Comparative Perspective," Publications 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Paul Gertler, 2004. "Do Conditional Cash Transfers Improve Child Health? Evidence from PROGRESA's Control Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 336-341, May.
- Donald Bundy & Carmen Burbano & Margaret Grosh & Aulo Gelli & Matthew Jukes & Lesley Drake, 2009. "Rethinking School Feeding Social Safety Nets, Child Development, and the Education Sector," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2634, November.
- FranÁois Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe G. Leite, 2003. "Conditional Cash Transfers, Schooling, and Child Labor: Micro-Simulating Brazil's Bolsa Escola Program," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 229-254, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roelen, Keetie & Delap, Emily & Jones, Camilla & Karki Chettri, Helen, 2017. "Improving child wellbeing and care in Sub-Saharan Africa: The role of social protection," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 309-318.
- Raquel Tebaldi & Anne Esser & Anna Davies Davidsen, 2017. "Promoting child- and gender-sensitive outcomes in cash transfer programmes: a review of different strategies in programme administration," Policy Research Brief 61, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Armando Barrientos & Jasmina Byrne & Juan Miguel Villa & Paola Peña, 2013. "Social Transfers and Child Protection," Papers inwopa691, Innocenti Working Papers.
More about this item
Keywordschild protection; education; evaluation; health; nutrition; policy and planning; policy goals; social protection;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucf:inwopa:inwopa666. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.