Did social safety net scholarships reduce drop-out rates during the Indonesian economic crisis?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lisa Cameron, 2001.
"The Impact Of The Indonesian Financial Crisis On Children: An Analysis Using The 100 Villages Data,"
Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 43-64.
- Lisa A. Cameron, 2001. "The Impact of the Indonesian Financial Crisis on Children: An analysis using the 100 villages data," Papers inwopa01/10, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1999. "Income gains to the poor from workfare - estimates for Argentina's TRABAJAR Program," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2149, The World Bank.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Beegle, K. & Frankenberg, E. & Thomas, D., 1999. "Measuring Change in Indonesia," Papers 99-07, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Sumarto, Sudarno & Suryahadi, Asep & Pritchett, Lant, 2003. "Safety Nets or Safety Ropes? Dynamic Benefit Incidence of Two Crisis Programs in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1257-1277, July.
- Angrist, Joshua D, 2001.
"Estimations of Limited Dependent Variable Models with Dummy Endogenous Regressors: Simple Strategies for Empirical Practice,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 19(1), pages 2-16, January.
- Joshua Angrist, 1999. "Estimation of Limited-Dependent Variable Models with Dummy Endogenous Regressors: Simple Strategies for Empirical Practice," Working papers 99-31, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Joshua D. Angrist, 2000. "Estimation of Limited-Dependent Variable Models with Dummy Endogenous Regressors: Simple Strategies for Empirical Practice," NBER Technical Working Papers 0248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1999. "Themystery of the vanishing benefits : Ms. Speedy Analyst's introduction to evaluation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2153, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 158-175, March.
- Ravallion, Martin*Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Bollen & David Guilkey & Thomas Mroz, 1995. "Binary outcomes and endogenous explanatory variables: Tests and solutions with an application to the demand for contraceptive use in tunisia," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(1), pages 111-131, February.
- Pitt, Mark M & Rosenzweig, Mark R & Gibbons, Donna M, 1993. "The Determinants and Consequences of the Placement of Government Programs in Indonesia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(3), pages 319-348, September.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Sparrow, 2007.
"Protecting Education for the Poor in Times of Crisis: An Evaluation of a Scholarship Programme in Indonesia,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(1), pages 99-122, February.
- Robert Sparrow, 2005. "Protecting Education for the Poor in Times of Crisis: An Evaluation of a Scholarship Program in Indonesia," Development and Comp Systems 0501009, EconWPA.
- Pritchett, Lant, 2005. "The political economy of targeted safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 31498, The World Bank.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Ariel Fiszbein & Norbert Schady & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Margaret Grosh & Niall Keleher & Pedro Olinto & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2009. "Conditional Cash Transfers : Reducing Present and Future Poverty," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2597, March.
- Elisabetta Magnani & Garima Verma & Anu Rammohan, 2012. "Intra-household Competition for Care: The Role of Bequest-regulating Social Norms," Working Papers 201206, ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR), Australian School of Business, University of New South Wales.
- World Bank, 2012. "History and Evolution of Social Assistance in Indonesia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12259, The World Bank.
- Agus Priyambada & Asep Suryahadi & Sudarno Sumarto, 2005. "What Happened to Child Labor in Indonesia during the Economic Crisis : The Trade-off between School and Work," Labor Economics Working Papers 22535, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Margaret Grosh & Carlo del Ninno & Emil Tesliuc & Azedine Ouerghi, 2008. "For Protection and Promotion : The Design and Implementation of Effective Safety Nets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6582, March.
- Martin Ravallion, 2013. "The Idea of Antipoverty Policy," NBER Working Papers 19210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Public Health Promotion; Teaching and Learning; Information Technology; Housing&Human Habitats; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Teaching and Learning; Information Technology; Housing&Human Habitats; Primary Education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2800. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .