Intra-household Competition for Care: The Role of Bequest-regulating Social Norms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Waldkirch & Serena Ng & Donald Cox, 2004.
"Intergenerational Linkages in Consumption Behavior,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Donald Cox & Serena Ng & Andreas Waldkirch, 2000. "Intergenerational Linkages in Consumption Behavior," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 482, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Donald Cox & Serena Ng & Andreas Waldkirch, 2000. "Intergenerational Linkages in Consumption Behavior," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1791, Econometric Society, revised 08 Nov 2000.
- Daniel Suryadarma & Wenefrida Widyanti & Asep Suryahadi & Sudarno Sumarto, 2006. "From Access to Income : Regional and Ethnic Inequality in Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 22547, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Daniel Suryadarma & Asep Suryahadi & Sudarno Sumarto, 2006. "Causes of Low Secondary School Enrollment in Indonesia," Labor Economics Working Papers 22546, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Anderberg, Dan, 2007. "Self-enforcing exchange among generations: Implications for consumption and mobility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(7), pages 1813-1827, October.
- Cameron, Lisa A., 2002. "Did social safety net scholarships reduce drop-out rates during the Indonesian economic crisis?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2800, The World Bank.
- Benoit Dostie & Désiré Vencatachellum, 2004. "Compulsory and Voluntary Remittances: Evidence from Child Domestic Workers in Tunisia," Cahiers de recherche 04-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Thomas, Duncan & Beegle, Kathleen & Frankenberg, Elizabeth & Sikoki, Bondan & Strauss, John & Teruel, Graciela, 2004. "Education in a crisis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 53-85, June.
- Elisabetta Magnani & Anu Rammohan, 2009. "Ageing and the Family in Indonesia: An Exploration of the Effect of Elderly Care-Giving on Female Labor Supply," Journal of Income Distribution, Ad libros publications inc., vol. 18(3-4), pages 110-130, September.
More about this item
KeywordsIntra-household care-giving; children’s education; social norms; co-residence with elderly;
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-06-25 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-06-25 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2012-06-25 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asb:wpaper:201206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elena Capatina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceparau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.