Conditional Cash Transfers, Schooling and Child Labor : Micro-Simulating Bolsa Escola
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe Leite, 2003. "Conditional cash transfers, schoolingand child labor: micro-simulating bolsa escola," Textos para discussão 477, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter & Neri, Marcelo Côrtes, 2003.
"A Robust Poverty Profile for Brazil Using Multiple Data Sources,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE,
FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 57(1), January.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter & Neri, Marcelo Cortes, 2002. "A robust poverty profile for Brazil using multiple data sources," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 444, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Donald B. Rubin, 1977. "Assignment to Treatment Group on the Basis of a Covariate," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Gertler, Paul & Glewwe, Paul, 1990. "The willingness to pay for education in developing countries : Evidence from rural Peru," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 251-275, August.
- Jean-Marie Baland & James A. Robinson, 2000. "Is Child Labor Inefficient?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 663-679, August.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 2000.
"Does Child Labour Displace Schooling? Evidence on Behavioural Responses to an Enrollment Subsidy,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 158-175, March.
- Ravallion, Martin*Wodon, Quentin, 1999. "Does child labor displace schooling? - evidence on behavioral responses to an enrollment subsidy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2116, The World Bank.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Evenson, Robert E, 1977. "Fertility, Schooling, and the Economic Contribution of Children in Rural India: An Econometric Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1065-1079, July.
- Chiappori, Pierre-Andre, 1992. "Collective Labor Supply and Welfare," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 437-467, June.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002.
"Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2367-2420, November.
- Gordon B. Dahl, 1997. "Mobility and the Returns to Education: Testing A Roy Model With Multiple Markets," Working Papers 760, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gordon B. Dahl, 2002. "Mobility and the Return to Education: Testing a Roy Model with Multiple Markets," RCER Working Papers 488, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Blundell,R. W. & Preston,Ian & Walker,Ian (ed.), 1994. "The Measurement of Household Welfare," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521451956, March.
- Schmertmann, Carl P., 1994. "Selectivity bias correction methods in polychotomous sample selection models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 101-132.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006.
"Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, pages 77-106.
- François Bourguignon & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590863, HAL.
- Amadéo Spadaro & François Bourguignon, 2006. "Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies," Post-Print halshs-00754162, HAL.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006. "Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies," Working Papers 20, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2012. "Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 11-20.
- Francisco Gonzalez & Irving Rosales, 2016. "The case against child labor bans," Working Papers 1601, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2016.
- Alderman, Harold & Yemtsov, Ruslan, 2012. "Productive role of safety nets : background paper for the World Bank 2012-2022 social protection and labor strategy," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 67609, The World Bank.
- Ryan, Mary & O’Donoghue, Cathal & Upton, Vincent, 2014.
"Land Use Change From Agriculture To Forestry: A Structural Model Of The Income And Leisure Choices Of Farmers,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182753, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ryan, Mary & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Upton, Vincent, 2015. "Land use change from agriculture to forestry: a structural model of the income and leisure choices of farmers," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212285, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- World Bank, 2013. "Republic of Madagascar : Mitigating the Impact of the Crisis on Education," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17012, The World Bank.
- Channarith Meng & Wade Pfau, 2012.
"Simulating the Impacts of Cash Transfers on Poverty and School Attendance: The Case of Cambodia,"
Journal of Family and Economic Issues,
Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 436-452, December.
- Meng, Channarith & Pfau, Wade Donald, 2011. "Simulating the impacts of cash transfers on poverty and school attendance: The case of Cambodia," MPRA Paper 30472, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- N. Blunch & A. Dar & L. Guarcello & S. Lyon & A. Ritualo & F. Rosati, 2002. "Children's work in Zambia: a comparative study of survey instruments," UCW Working Paper 32, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Eliana Cardoso & Andre Portela Souza, 2004. "The Impact of Cash Transfers on Child Labor and School Attendance in Brazil," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0407, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- L. Guarcello & S. Lyon, 2003. "Children's work and water access in Yemen," UCW Working Paper 53, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Nicola Brandt, 2012. "Reducing Poverty in Chile: Cash Transfers and Better Jobs," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 951, OECD Publishing.
- Marco Sanfilippo & Bruno Martorano & Chris De Neubourg, 2012. "The Impact of Social Protection on Children: A review of the literature," Papers inwopa666, Innocenti Working Papers.
More about this item
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-03-19 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:del:abcdef:2003-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deltafr.html .