Educational and Health Impacts of Two School Feeding Schemes: Evidence from a Randomized Trial in Rural Burkina Faso
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kazianga, Harounan & de Walque, Damien & Alderman, Harold, 2009. "Educational and health impacts of two school feeding schemes : evidence from a randomized trial in rural Burkina Faso," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4976, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edmonds, Eric V., 2008. "Child Labor," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Harold Alderman & Hans Hoogeveen & Mariacristina Rossi, 2009.
"Preschool Nutrition and Subsequent Schooling Attainment: Longitudinal Evidence from Tanzania,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(2), pages 239-260, January.
- Harold Alderman & Johannes Hoogeveen & Mariacristina Rossi, 2008. "Preschool Nutrition and Subsequent Schooling Attainment: Longitudinal Evidence from Tanzania," CeRP Working Papers 75, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Ahmed, Akhter U. & del Ninno, Carlo, 2002. "The Food For Education program in Bangladesh," FCND briefs 138, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Futoshi Yamauchi, 2008.
"Early Childhood Nutrition, Schooling, and Sibling Inequality in a Dynamic Context: Evidence from South Africa,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 657-682.
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2006. "Early childhood nutrition, schooling, and sibling inequality in a dynamic context: evidence from South Africa," FCND discussion papers 203, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yamauchi, Futoshi, 2006. "Early childhood nutrition, schooling, and sibling inequality in a dynamic context: evidence from South Africa," FCND briefs 203, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hanan G. Jacoby, 2002. "Is There an Intrahousehold "Flypaper Effect"? Evidence From a School Feeding Programme," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 196-221, January.
- Ross, Thomas W, 1991.
"On the Relative Efficiency of Cash Transfers and Subsidies,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(3), pages 485-496, July.
- Tom Ross, 1988. "On The Relative Efficiency Of Cash Transfers And Subsidies," Carleton Industrial Organization Research Unit (CIORU) 88-04, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Paul Schultz, T., 2004.
"School subsidies for the poor: evaluating the Mexican Progresa poverty program,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 199-250, June.
- T. Paul Schultz, 2001. "School Subsidies for the Poor: Evaluating the Mexican Progresa Poverty Program," Working Papers 834, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Glewwe, Paul & Jacoby, Hanan G, 1995. "An Economic Analysis of Delayed Primary School Enrollment in a Low Income Country: The Role of Early Childhood Nutrition," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 156-169, February.
- Firouz Gahvari & Enlinson Mattos, 2007. "Conditional Cash Transfers, Public Provision of Private Goods, and Income Redistribution," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 491-502, March.
- Ray, Ranjan, 2000. "Child Labor, Child Schooling, and Their Interaction with Adult Labor: Empirical Evidence for Peru and Pakistan," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 347-367, May.
- Peter Kooreman, 2000. "The Labeling Effect of a Child Benefit System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 571-583, June.
- Gary Burtless, 1995. "The Case for Randomized Field Trials in Economic and Policy Research," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 63-84, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gentilini, Ugo & Omamo, Steven Were, 2011. "Social protection 2.0: Exploring issues, evidence and debates in a globalizing world," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 329-340, June.
- Hoddinott, John & Margolies, Amy, 2012. "Mapping the Impacts of Food Aid: Current Knowledge and Future Directions," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Lara Cockx & Nathalie Francken, 2016. "Evolution and Impact of EU Aid for Food and Nutrition Security: A Review," FOODSECURE Working papers 47, LEI Wageningen UR.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Lo Bue & Stephan Klasen, 2013.
"Identifying Synergies and Complementarities Between MDGs: Results from Cluster Analysis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 113(2), pages 647-670, September.
- Maria Carmela Lo Bue & Stephan Klasen, 2012. "Identifying synergies and complementarities between MDGs: Results from cluster analysis," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 126, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Maria Cheung & Maria Perrotta Berlin, 2015.
"The Impact of a Food for Education Program on Schooling in Cambodia,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 44-57, January.
- Cheung, Maria & Perotta, Maria, 2011. "The Impact of a Food For Education Program on Schooling in Cambodia," Seminar Papers 766, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Maria Cheung & Maria Perrotta Berlin, 2015. "The Impact of a Food for Education Program on Schooling in Cambodia," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201505, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Alejandro J. Ganimian & Richard J. Murnane, 2014. "Improving Educational Outcomes in Developing Countries: Lessons from Rigorous Impact Evaluations," NBER Working Papers 20284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Hoop, Jacobus & Rosati, Furio C., 2014. "Does promoting school attendance reduce child labor? Evidence from Burkina Faso's BRIGHT project," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 78-96.
- de Hoop, Jacobus & Rosati, Furio C., 2012. "Does Promoting School Attendance Reduce Child Labour? Evidence from Burkina Faso's BRIGHT Project," IZA Discussion Papers 6601, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Furio Camillo Rosati & Jacobus de Hoop, 2013. "Does Promoting School Attendance Reduce Child Labour? Evidence from Burkina Faso’s Bright Project," CEIS Research Paper 282, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 14 May 2014.
- Jacobus de Hoop & Furio C. Rosati, 2014. "Cash Transfers and Child Labor," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 29(2), pages 202-234.
- Claus Pörtner, 2016. "Effects of parental absence on child labor and school attendance in the Philippines," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 103-130, March.
- Claus C. Pörtner, 2016. "Effects of parental absence on child labor and school attendance in the Philippines," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 103-130, March.
- McEwan, Patrick J., 2013. "The impact of Chile's school feeding program on education outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 122-139.
- Harold Alderman & Donald Bundy, 2012. "School Feeding Programs and Development: Are We Framing the Question Correctly?," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 204-221, August.
- Lawson, Ty M., 2012. "Impact of School Feeding Programs on Educational, Nutritional, and Agricultural Development Goals: A Systematic Review of Literature," Graduate Research Masters Degree Plan B Papers 142466, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Cherrier, Cecile & Ninno, Carlo del & Razmara, Setareh, 2011. "Burkina Faso social safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 88994, The World Bank.
- Jenny Aker, 2013. "Scaling Up What Works: Experimental Evidence on External Validity in Kenyan Education," Working Papers 321, Center for Global Development.
- Renfu Luo & Grant Miller & Scott Rozelle & Sean Sylvia & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2015. "Can Bureaucrats Really Be Paid Like CEOs? School Administrator Incentives for Anemia Reduction in Rural China," NBER Working Papers 21302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Sanfilippo & Bruno Martorano & Chris De Neubourg, 2012. "The Impact of Social Protection on Children: A review of the literature," Papers inwopa666, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Rajshri Jayaraman & Dora Simroth, 2011. "The Impact of School Lunches on Primary School Enrollment: Evidence from India's Midday Meal Scheme," CESifo Working Paper Series 3679, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:okl:wpaper:0904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Harounan Kazianga). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sboksus.html .