Conditional Cash Transfers, Public Provision of Private Goods, and Income Redistribution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gahvari, Firouz, 1994. "In-kind transfers, cash grants and labor supply," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 495-504, November.
- Gahvari, Firouz, 1995. "In-Kind versus Cash Transfers in the Presence of Distortionary Taxes," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 45-53, January.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G., 2002.
"Ex-ante evaluation of conditional cash transfer programs: the case of bolsa escola,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2916, The World Bank.
- Fran??ois Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Phillippe G. Leite, 2002. "Ex-ante Evaluation of Conditional Cash Transfer Programs: The Case of Bolsa Escola," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 516, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1991.
"Public Provision of Private Goods and the Redistribution of Income,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 979-984, September.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S., 1989. "Public Provision Of Private Goods And The Redistribution Of Income," Papers 36, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Nichols, Albert L & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1982. "Targeting Transfers through Restrictions on Recipients," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 372-377, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2014.
"Toward an efficiency rationale for the public provision of private goods,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 56(2), pages 375-408, June.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2008. "Toward an Efficiency Rationale for the Public Provision of Private Goods," 2008 Meeting Papers 1097, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hanming Fang & Peter Norman, 2008. "Toward an Efficiency Rationale for the Public Provision of Private Goods," NBER Working Papers 13827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Norman & Hanming Fang, 2010. "Toward an Efficiency Rationale for the Public Provision of Private Goods," 2010 Meeting Papers 1185, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Silva,Joana C. G. & Morgandi,Matteo & Levin,Victoria, 2016. "Trust in government and support for redistribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7675, The World Bank.
- Harounan Kazianga & Damien de Walque & Harold Alderman, 2009.
"Educational and Health Impacts of Two School Feeding Schemes: Evidence from a Randomized Trial in Rural Burkina Faso,"
Economics Working Paper Series
0904, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Kazianga, Harounan & de Walque, Damien & Alderman, Harold, 2009. "Educational and health impacts of two school feeding schemes : evidence from a randomized trial in rural Burkina Faso," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4976, The World Bank.
- Canta, Chiara & Cremer, Helmuth, 2018.
"Uncertain Altruism and Non-Linear Long-Term Care Policies,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11619, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Canta, Chiara & Cremer, Helmuth, 2018. "Uncertain altruism and non-linear long-term care policies," IDEI Working Papers 887, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Canta, Chiara & Cremer, Helmuth, 2018. "Uncertain altruism and non-linear long-term care policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 12993, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Canta, Chiara & Cremer, Helmuth, 2018. "Uncertain altruism and non-linear long-term care policies," TSE Working Papers 18-924, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Chiara Canta & Helmuth Cremer, 2018. "Uncertain Altruism and Non-Linear Long-Term Care Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 7129, CESifo Group Munich.
- Enlinson Mattos, 2007. "Cash-Cum-In-Kind Transfers, Tax Rates And Labor Supply: Qualifying The Record," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 020, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Earl L. Grinols & Peri Silva, 2012. "Intervention Efficiency, Incentive Symmetry, and Information," Development Working Papers 334, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 16 Jul 2012.
- Parkash Chander, 2016. "Public Provision Of Private Goods In Developing Countries," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(03), pages 1-13, June.
- Francesco Andreoli & Giorgia Casalone & Daniela Sonedda, 2015. "An empirical assessment of households sorting into private schooling under public education provision," Working Papers 356, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Raschky, Paul A. & Schwindt, Manijeh, 2009.
"On the channel and type of international disaster aid,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4953, The World Bank.
- Paul A. Raschky & Manijeh Schwindt, 2009. "On the Channel and Type of International Disaster Aid," Working Papers 2009-16, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Enlinson Mattos & Vitor França, 2011. "Public employment and income redistribution: causal evidence for Brazilian municipalities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 43-73, January.
- Spencer Bastani & Sören Blomquist & Luca Micheletto, 2017.
"Child Care Subsidies, Quality, and Optimal Income Taxation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6533, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bastani, Spencer & Blomquist, Sören & Micheletto, Luca, 2017. "Child Care Subsidies, Quality, and Optimal Income Taxation," Working Paper Series 2017:8, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Leonardo Bursztyn & Lucas C. Coffman, 2012. "The Schooling Decision: Family Preferences, Intergenerational Conflict, and Moral Hazard in the Brazilian Favelas," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(3), pages 359-397.
- Del Rey, Elena & Estevan, Fernanda, 2013.
"Conditional cash transfers and education quality in the presence of credit constraints,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 76-84.
- Elena Del Rey & Fernanda Estevan, 2011. "Conditional Cash Transfers and Education Quality in the Presence of Credit Constraints," Working Papers 1108E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Armando Barrientos & Juan Miguel Villa, 2013. "Antipoverty transfers and labour force participation effects," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 18513, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Piotr Dworczak & Scott Duke Kominers & Mohammad Akbarpour, 2018. "Redistribution through Markets," Working Papers 2018-037, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Sofia N. Andreou & Panos Pashardes & Nicoletta Pashourtidou, 2015. "The value of state education to consumers," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 05-2015, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Mattos, Enlinson & Terra, Rafael, 2016. "Cash-cum-in-kind transfers and income tax function," Textos para discussão 414, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Janet Currie & Firouz Gahvari, 2008.
"Transfers in Cash and In-Kind: Theory Meets the Data,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 333-383, June.
- Janet Currie & Firouz Gahvari, 2007. "Transfers in Cash and In Kind: Theory Meets the Data," NBER Working Papers 13557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul A. Raschky & Manijeh Schwindt, 2016. "Aid, Catastrophes and the Samaritan's Dilemma," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 83(332), pages 624-645, October.
- Flavio Marques & Simone Covre & Enlinson Mattos, 2008. "Oferta de trabalho e transferências: Evidências do efeito das condições impostas pelo programa Bolsa-Família," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807141223420, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- J. Amegashie & Bazoumana Ouattara & Eric Strobl, 2013. "Moral hazard and the composition of transfers: theory and evidence from cross-border transfers," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 279-301, August.
- Yui Nakamura, 2016. "Efficient Income Redistribution under Asymmetric Information," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(1), pages 388-394.
- Stephane Hallegatte & Mook Bangalore & Laura Bonzanigo & Marianne Fay & Tamaro Kane & Ulf Narloch & Julie Rozenberg & David Treguer & Adrien Vogt-Schilb, 2016. "Shock Waves," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22787.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:97:y:2007:i:1:p:491-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.