Cooperative credit banks: some fundamental institutional features
The aim of this paper is to analyze individual preferences in relation to different job characteristics. This is an important issue in the light of the huge literature in labor economics and human resource management about the impact of monetary and nonmonetary incentives on understanding workers’ performance and well-being. More specifically, this work considers the case of employees in cooperative credit banks located in Campania; the research is carried out applying a conjoint analysis approach on stated preference data. Novel features of the analysis include the application of this approach to empirical research on worker incentives, particularly in the cooperative sector; and the utilization of a mixed logit model to allow for heterogeneous individual tastes.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Papers, November 2012, pages 1-19.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Ponte Don Melillo - 84084 Fisciano (SA)|
Web page: http://www.dises.unisa.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cristian Barra & Sergio Destefanis & Giuseppe Lubrano Lavadera, 2011. "Risk and Regulation: The Efficiency of Italian Cooperative Banks," CSEF Working Papers 290, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2001. "Quasi-random maximum simulated likelihood estimation of the mixed multinomial logit model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 677-693, August.
- Nick Hanley & Robert Wright & Vic Adamowicz, 1998. "Using Choice Experiments to Value the Environment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 11(3), pages 413-428, April.
- Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Sousa-Poza, Andres A., 2000. "Well-being at work: a cross-national analysis of the levels and determinants of job satisfaction," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 517-538, November.
- Ugo Colombino & Annamaria Nese & Patrizia Riganti, 2005. "Eliciting Public Preferences For Managing Cultural Heritage," Public Economics 0501004, EconWPA.
- David Revelt & Kenneth Train, 1998. "Mixed Logit With Repeated Choices: Households' Choices Of Appliance Efficiency Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 647-657, November.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Leire San-Jose & Jose Retolaza & Jorge Gutierrez-Goiria, 2011. "Are Ethical Banks Different? A Comparative Analysis Using the Radical Affinity Index," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 151-173, April.
- repec:sae:ilrrev:v:32:y:1979:i:3:p:339-362 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Musella & Sergio Destefanis (ed.), 2009. "Paid and Unpaid Labour in the Social Economy. An International Perspective," AIEL Series in Labour Economics, AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro, number 03.
- Scott, Anthony, 2001. "Eliciting GPs' preferences for pecuniary and non-pecuniary job characteristics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 329-347, May.
- Paolo Ghinetti, 2007. "The Public-Private Job Satisfaction Differential in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(2), pages 361-388, 06.
- Vieira, José A. Cabral, 2005. "Skill mismatches and job satisfaction," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 39-47, October.
- Angelini, P. & Di Salvo, R. & Ferri, G., 1998. "Availability and cost of credit for small businesses: Customer relationships and credit cooperatives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 925-954, August.
- David Hensher & William Greene, 2003. "The Mixed Logit model: The state of practice," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 133-176, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sep:wpaper:3_223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Rizzo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.