Workers’ motivation: the italian case of cooperative credit banks
The role of the cooperative credit banks in the European financial system is growing, particularly during the current period of financial crisis. Nevertheless, these cooperative banks have not received a great deal of attention from scholars. This lack of attention has resulted from two factors: i) the lack of empirical data and ii) the fact that the organizational structures and multiple goals of these cooperative banks are “generally more difficult to understand than the corporate governance of the commercial banks with their more easily interpretable and single goal of profit maximizing”(Groeneveld, 2011). This paper contributes to the understanding of Italian cooperative credit banks (Bccs) and their activity by describing their main characteristics and by providing a comparison with different cooperative bank models. Second, it analyzes the job satisfaction of Italian Bccs’ employees, which is a crucial factor because human resources, along with the Bccs’ unique structural elements, facilitate long-term relationships with the local communities where Bccs are located.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fiorillo, D & Nappo, N, 2011.
"Job satisfaction in Italy: Individual characteristics and social relations,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
11/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Damiano Fiorillo & Nunzia Nappo, 2014. "Job satisfaction in Italy: individual characteristics and social relations," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(8), pages 683-704, August.
- Damiano Fiorillo & Nunzia Nappo, 2011. "Job satisfaction in Italy: individual characteristics and social relations," Discussion Papers 5_2011, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Fiorillo, Damiano & Nappo, Nunzia, 2011. "Job satisfaction in Italy: individual characteristics and social relations," MPRA Paper 31133, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fischer, Justina AV & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2007.
"Does Job Satisfaction Improve The Health Of Workers? New Evidence Using Panel Data And Objective Measures Of Health,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
687, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Justina A. V. Fischer & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2009. "Does job satisfaction improve the health of workers? New evidence using panel data and objective measures of health," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 71-89.
- Fischer, Justina A.V. & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2007. "Does Job Satisfaction Improve the Health of Workers? New Evidence Using Panel Data and Objective Measures of Health," IZA Discussion Papers 3256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Justina A. V. Fischer & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2008. "Does Job Satisfaction Improve the Health of Workers?: New Evidence Using Panel Data and Objective Measures of Health," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 76, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Böckerman, Petri & Ilmakunnas, Pekka, 2007. "Job disamenities, job satisfaction, quit intentions, and actual separations: putting the pieces together," MPRA Paper 3245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vieira, José A. Cabral, 2005. "Skill mismatches and job satisfaction," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 39-47, October.
- Leire San-Jose & Jose Retolaza & Jorge Gutierrez-Goiria, 2011. "Are Ethical Banks Different? A Comparative Analysis Using the Radical Affinity Index," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 151-173, April.
- Paolo Ghinetti, 2007. "The Public-Private Job Satisfaction Differential in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(2), pages 361-388, 06.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Bernhardt, Kenneth L. & Donthu, Naveen & Kennett, Pamela A., 2000. "A Longitudinal Analysis of Satisfaction and Profitability," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-171, February.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J. & Warr, Peter B., 1994. "Is job satisfaction u-shaped in age ?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9407, CEPREMAP.
- repec:esx:essedp:415 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.