A stochastic frontier analysis approach for estimating market power in the major U.S. meat export markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dimitrios Panagiotou & Athanassios Stavrakoudis, 2020. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach for Estimating Market Power in the Major US Meat Export Markets," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 569-586, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dimitrios Panagiotou & Athanassios Stavrakoudis, 2018. "A stochastic frontier estimator of the aggregate degree of market power exerted by the US meat packing industry," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 45(3), pages 387-401, September.
- Dimitrios Panagiotou & Athanassios Stavrakoudis, 2017.
"A Stochastic Production Frontier Estimator of the Degree of Oligopsony Power in the U.S. Cattle Industry,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 121-133, March.
- Panagiotou, Dimitrios & Stavrakoudis, Athanassios, 2015. "A stochastic production frontier estimator of the degree of oligopsony power in the U.S. cattle industry," MPRA Paper 73525, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Dragan Miljkovic & Gary Brester & John Marsh, 2003. "Exchange rate pass-through, price discrimination, and US meat export prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 641-650.
- Rigoberto A. Lopez & Xi He & Azzeddine Azzam, 2018. "Stochastic Frontier Estimation of Market Power in the Food Industries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(1), pages 3-17, February.
- Paulo R. Scalco & Rigoberto A. Lopez & Xi He, 2017. "Buyer and/or seller power? An application to the Brazilian milk market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(16), pages 1173-1176, September.
- Miljkovic, Dragan & Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2002.
"Japanese Import Demand for U.S. Beef and Pork: Effects on U.S. Red Meat Exports and Livestock Prices,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 501-512, December.
- Miljkovic, Dragan & Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2002. "Japanese Import Demand For U.S. Beef And Pork: Effects On U.S. Red Meat Exports And Livestock Prices," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1-12, December.
- Miljkovic, Dragan & Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2000. "Japanese Import Demand for U.S. Beef and Pork: Effects on U.S. Red Meat Exports and Livestock Prices," Research Discussion Papers 256823, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics, Trade Research Center.
- Miljkovic, Dragan & Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2001. "Japanese Import Demand For Us Beef And Pork: Effects On Us Red Meat Exports And Livestock Prices," 2001: International Trade in Livestock Products Symposium, January 2001, Auckland, New Zealand 14545, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Reed, Michael R. & Saghaian, Sayed H., 2004.
"Measuring the Intensity of Competition in the Japanese Beef Market,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 113-121, April.
- Reed, Michael R. & Saghaian, Sayed H., 2004. "Measuring the Intensity of Competition in the Japanese Beef Market," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Carlos Arnade & Daniel Pick & Munisamy Gopinath, 1998. "Testing oligopoly power in domestic and export markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(6), pages 753-760.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Sjur Baardsen & Gudbrand Lien, 2012. "A New Method for Estimating Market Power with an Application to Norwegian Sawmilling," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(2), pages 109-129, March.
- Dimitrios Panagiotou, 2019. "Market Power Effects of the Livestock Mandatory Reporting Act in the U.S. Meat Industry: a Stochastic Frontier Approach Under Uncertainty," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 103-122, March.
- Marie‐Hélène Felt & Jean‐Philippe Gervais & Bruno Larue, 2011. "Market power and import bans: the case of Japanese pork imports," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 47-61, Winter.
- Scalco, Paulo R. & Lopez, Rigoberto A. & He, Xi, 2017. "Stochastic Frontier Estimation of Buyer Power: An Application to the Brazilian Milk Market," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 259154, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kumbhakar,Subal C. & Lovell,C. A. Knox, 2003. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521666633, December.
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic frontier; market power; U.S. meat exports;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-09-30 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2019-09-30 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INT-2019-09-30 (International Trade)
- NEP-ORE-2019-09-30 (Operations Research)
- NEP-SEA-2019-09-30 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.