A New Method for Estimating Market Power with an Application to Norwegian Sawmilling
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 40 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/industrial+organization/journal/11151/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. P. Lerner, 1934. "The Concept of Monopoly and the Measurement of Monopoly Power," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 157-175.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2002.
"Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of U.S. banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition,"
01-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 2003. "Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of US banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-95, January.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2001. "Explaining the Dramatic Changes in Performance of U.S. Banks: Technological Change, Deregulation and Dynamic Changes in Competition," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997.
"Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997. "Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1984.
"The measurement of monopoly power in dynamic markets,"
1540-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1985. "The Measurement of Monopoly Power in Dynamic Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 193-222, April.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "Estimation of production technology when the objective is to maximize return to the outlay," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 208(2), pages 170-176, January.
- Daigyo Seo & Allen Featherstone & Dennis Weisman & Yuan Gao, 2010. "Market Consolidation and Productivity Growth in U.S. Wireline Telecommunications: Stochastic Frontier Analysis vs. Malmquist Index," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(3), pages 271-294, May.
- Perloff,Jeffrey M. & Karp,Larry S. & Golan,Amos, 2007.
"Estimating Market Power and Strategies,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521011143, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:40:y:2012:i:2:p:109-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.