Markups in U.S. and Japanese Manufacturing: A Short-Run Econometric Analysis
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1988. "Markups in U.S. and Japanese Manufacturing: A Short Run Econometric Analysis," NBER Working Papers 2799, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1979. "Testing price taking behavior," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 283-294, February.
- Morrison, C. J. & Berndt, E. R., 1981. "Short-run labor productivity in a dynamic model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 339-365, August.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Morrison, Catherine J, 1981. "Capacity Utilization Measures: Underlying Economic Theory and an Alternative Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 48-52, May.
- Morrison, Catherine J, 1985. "Primal and Dual Capacity Utilization: An Application to Productivity Measurement in the U.S. Automobile Industry," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(4), pages 312-324, October.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Khaled, Mohammed S, 1979. "Parametric Productivity Measurement and Choice among Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1220-1245, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salman Ahmad & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2015. "Analysing the Price Cost Markup and Its Behaviour over the Business Cycles in Case of Manufacturing Industries of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:117, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Moreno, Rosina & Lopez-Bazo, Enrique & Artis, Manuel, 2002. "Evaluating the optimality of Spanish industry (1980-1993)," ERSA conference papers ersa02p353, European Regional Science Association.
- Matteo Manera, 2006.
"Modelling factor demands with SEM and VAR: an empirical comparison,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 121-146, October.
- Matteo Manera, 2005. "Modeling Factor Demands with SEM and VAR: An Empirical Comparison," Working Papers 2005.47, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sumru Altug & Fanny S. Demers & Michel Demers, 2004. "Tax Policy and Irreversible Investment," CDMA Working Paper Series 200404, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Ingmar Prucha, 2001.
"Dynamic Factor Demand Models and Productivity Analysis,"
NBER Chapters,in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 103-172
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadiri, M.I. & Prucha, I., 1999. "Dynamic Factor Demand Models and Productivity Analysis," Working Papers 99-09, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "Dynamic Factor Demand Models and Productivity Analysis," Electronic Working Papers 99-005, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1999. "Dynamic Factor Demand Models and Productivity Analysis," NBER Working Papers 7079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rotemberg, Julio J. & Woodford, Michael, 1999. "The cyclical behavior of prices and costs," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 16, pages 1051-1135 Elsevier.
- Charlotta Groth, 2005. "Estimating UK capital adjustment costs," Bank of England working papers 258, Bank of England.
- Susanto Basu & John Fernald, 2001.
"Why Is Productivity Procyclical? Why Do We Care?,"
NBER Chapters,in: New Developments in Productivity Analysis, pages 225-302
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John G. Fernald & Susanto Basu, 1999. "Why is productivity procyclical? Why do we care?," International Finance Discussion Papers 638, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald, 2000. "Why is productivity procyclical? Why do we care?," Working Paper Series WP-00-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Susanto Basu & John Fernald, 2000. "Why Is Productivity Procyclical? Why Do We Care?," NBER Working Papers 7940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar, 1996. "Le ralentissement de la productivité des entreprises d'électricité au Texas : le rôle des marges, des rendements d'échelle et du progrès technique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 126(5), pages 77-89.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1989. "Unraveling the Productivity Growth Slowdown in the U.S., Canada and Japan: The Effects of Subequilibrium, Scale Economies and Markup," NBER Working Papers 2993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mellander, Erik, 1991. "An Indirect Approach to Measuring Productivity in Private Services," Working Paper Series 300, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised Mar 1992.
- Rumen Dobrinsky & Gabor Korosi & Nikolay Markov & Laszlo Halpern, 2004.
"Firms’ Price Markups and Returns to Scale in Imperfect Markets - Bulgaria and Hungary,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
0412, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Rumen Dobrinsky & G??bor Kor??si & Nikolay Markov & L??szl?? Halpern, 2004. "Firms??? Price Markups and Returns to Scale in Imperfect Markets: Bulgaria and Hungary," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-710, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Chen, Kaiji & Song, Zheng, 2013.
"Financial frictions on capital allocation: A transmission mechanism of TFP fluctuations,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(6), pages 683-703.
- Chen, Kaiji & Song, Zheng, 2009. "Financial Frictions on Capital Allocation: A Transmission Mechanism of TFP Fluctuations," MPRA Paper 15211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard De Abreu Lourenco & Philip Lowe, 1994. "Demand Shocks, Inflation and the Business Cycle," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9411, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Daniele Coen-Pirani, 2004. "Markups, Aggregation, and Inventory Adjustment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1328-1353, December.
- Lourdes Moreno Martín & Diego Rodríguez Rodríguez, "undated". "Domestic and Foreign Price-Marginal Cost Margins: An Application to Spain Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 00-03, FEDEA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:10:y:1992:i:1:p:51-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.