The Measurement of Monopoly Power in Dynamic Markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1984. "The measurement of monopoly power in dynamic markets," Working papers 1540-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lynn Hunnicutt & David Aadland, 2002.
"Market Power with Dynamic Inventory Constraints: The Bias in Standard Measures,"
0211024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lynn Hunnicutt & David Aadland, 2002. "Market Power with Dynamic Invertory Constraints: The Bias in Standard Measures," Working Papers 2002-15, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:mnb:finrev:v:18:y:2019:i:2:p:87-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shilpi Bihari & Barry Seldon, 2006. "The Effect of Government Advertising Policies on the Market Power of Cigarette Firms," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 28(3), pages 201-229, May.
- Gregory M. Ellis & Robert Halvorsen, 2002. "Estimation of Market Power in a Nonrenewable Resource Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(4), pages 883-899, August.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:514:y:2019:i:c:p:211-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"Investigating the Influence of Firm Characteristics on the Ability to Exercise Market Power - A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach with an Application to the Iron Ore Market,"
EWI Working Papers
2014-17, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014. "Investigating the influence of firm characteristics on the ability to exercise market power: A stochastic frontier analysis approach with an application to the iron ore market," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-105, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Sjur Baardsen & Gudbrand Lien, 2012. "A New Method for Estimating Market Power with an Application to Norwegian Sawmilling," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(2), pages 109-129, March.
- Bustamante, Maria Cecilia, 2011. "Strategic investment, industry concentration and the cross section of returns," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37454, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrés Camacho Murillo & Hector Ríos Hernández, 2011. "Competencia intra-industria, aglomeraciones regionales y crecimiento económico: caso industria de alimentos," Revista Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, June.
- Hunnicutt Lynn & Aadland David, 2003. "Inventory Constraints in a Dynamic Model of Imperfect Competition: An Application to Beef Packing," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Bhattacharyya, Aditi & Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2018. "Pricing Inputs and Outputs: Market prices versus shadow prices, market power, and welfare analysis," Working Papers 18-009, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Ani L. Katchova & Ian M. Sheldon & Mario J. Miranda, 2005. "A dynamic model of oligopoly and oligopsony in the U.S. potato-processing industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(3), pages 409-428.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:340:y:2019:i:c:p:138-145 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goo, Moon Mo, 1997. "The measurement of market power: short-run, long-run, and dynamic adjustment models," ISU General Staff Papers 1997010108000012985, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cairns, Robert D., 1990. "Les ressources non renouvelables : le côté offre," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 66(4), pages 444-460, décembre.
- Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robin C., 2012. "Estimation of market power in the presence of firm level inefficiencies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 141-155.
- Garcia, Devin & Kutlu, Levent & Sickles, Robert C., 2018. "Market Structures in Production Economics," Working Papers 18-007, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth G. Elzinga & David E. Mills, 2011. "The Lerner Index of Monopoly Power: Origins and Uses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 558-564, May.
- Maria Cecillia Bustamante, 2011. "Strategic Investment, Industry Concentration and the Cross Section of Returns," FMG Discussion Papers dp681, Financial Markets Group.
- Beat Hintermann, 2017. "Market Power in Emission Permit Markets: Theory and Evidence from the EU ETS," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 66(1), pages 89-112, January.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:28:y:1985:i:1:p:193-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.