The Lerner Index of Monopoly Power: Origins and Uses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Holt, Charles Jr., 1982. "On the use of profit data to estimate the social cost of monopoly power in an oligopoly," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 283-289.
- Saving, Thomas R, 1970. "Concentration Ratios and the Degree of Monopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(1), pages 139-146, February.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1985.
"The Measurement of Monopoly Power in Dynamic Markets,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 193-222, April.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1984. "The measurement of monopoly power in dynamic markets," Working papers 1540-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tabacco, Giovanni Alberto, 2013. "A new way to assess banking competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 167-169.
- Hinloopen, Jeroen & Smrkolj, Grega & Wagener, Florian, 2013.
"In Defense of Trusts: R&D Cooperation in Global Perspective,"
63551, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Apr 2015.
- Hinloopen, J. & Smrkolj, G. & Wagener, F.O.O., 2013. "In Defense of Trusts: R&D Cooperation in Global Perspective," CeNDEF Working Papers 13-05, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Jeroen Hinloopen & Grega Smrkolj & Florian Wagener, 2013. "In Defense of Trusts: R&D Cooperation in Global Perspective," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-045/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gutierrez, German & Philippon, Thomas, 2017. "Declining Competition and Investment in the U.S," CEPR Discussion Papers 12536, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- ZHANG, Lu & GUO, Qing & ZHANG, Junbiao & HUANG, Yong & XIONG, Tao, 2015. "Did China׳s rare earth export policies work? — Empirical evidence from USA and Japan," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 82-90.
- Lyons, Savanna May, 2016. "Ratios and benchmarks as tools for local food hub decision-making: a comparative case study," ISU General Staff Papers 3546, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lawrence J. White, 2013. "Monopoly and Dominant Firms: Antitrust Economics and Policy Approaches," Working Papers 13-13, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014.
"Investigating the influence of firm characteristics on the ability to exercise market power: A stochastic frontier analysis approach with an application to the iron ore market,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
14-105, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Germeshausen, Robert & Panke, Timo & Wetzel, Heike, 2014. "Investigating the Influence of Firm Characteristics on the Ability to Exercise Market Power - A Stochastic Frontier Analysis Approach with an Application to the Iron Ore Market," EWI Working Papers 2014-17, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Aparicio-Fenoll, Ainhoa, 2015. "The effect of product market competition on job security," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 145-159.
- Machiel Mulder, 2015. "Competition in the Dutch Electricity Market: An Empirical Analysis over 2006-2011," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- T.V.S. Ramamohan Rao, 2012. "Firm Specific Monopoly Power in Differentiated Oligopoly," Journal of Quantitative Economics, The Indian Econometric Society, vol. 10(1), pages 85-97, January.
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Lin, Yongjia (Rebecca) & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank competition and financial stability in Asia Pacific," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 64-77.
- Bertschek, Irene & Briglauer, Wolfgang & Hüschelrath, Kai & Krämer, Jan & Frübing, Stefan & Kesler, Reinhold & Saam, Marianne, 2016. "Metastudie zum Fachdialog Ordnungsrahmen für die Digitale Wirtschaft: Im Auftrag des Bundesministeriums für Wirtschaft und Energie (BMWi)," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 147040, May.
- Xiaoqing (Maggie) Fu & Yongjia (Rebecca) Lin & Philip Molyneux, 2016. "Bank Capital And Liquidity Creation In Asia Pacific," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(2), pages 966-993, April.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:40-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- Knaut, Andreas & Obermüller, Frank & Weiser, Florian, 2017. "Tender Frequency and Market Concentration in Balancing Power Markets," EWI Working Papers 2017-4, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Montgomery, Heather & Harimaya, Kozo & Takahashi, Yuki, 2014. "Too big to succeed? Banking sector consolidation and efficiency," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 86-106.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2012. "Who Invented the Lerner Index? Luigi Amoroso, the Dominant Firm Model, and the Measurement of Market Power," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 41(3), pages 181-191, November.
- Lyons, Savanna May, 2016. "Ratios and benchmarks as tools for local food hub decision-making: a comparative case study," ISU General Staff Papers 201601010800006095, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:101:y:2011:i:3:p:558-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.