Is the "Dominant Firm" Dominant? An Empirical Analysis of AT&T's Market Power
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saving, Thomas R, 1970. "Concentration Ratios and the Degree of Monopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 11(1), pages 139-146, February.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988.
"The Relation between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 921-947, October.
- Robert E. Hall, 1986. "The Relation Between Price and Marginal Cost in U.S. Industry," NBER Working Papers 1785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baker, Jonathan B. & Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1988. "Estimating the residual demand curve facing a single firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 283-300.
- Gatto, Joseph P. & Langin-Hooper, Jerry & Robinson, Paul B. & Tyan, Holly, 1988. "Interstate switched access demand analysis," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 333-358.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2002.
"An empirical test of the rent-shifting hypothesis: the case of state trading enterprises,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 135-157, October.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2001. "An Empirical Test of the Rent-Shifting Hypothesis: The Case of State Trading Enterprises," Working Papers 201567, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Kondaurova, Irina & Weisman, Dennis L., 2003. "Incentives for non-price discrimination," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 147-171, June.
- Elaine S. Tan, 2009. "Market structure and the coal cartel in early nineteenth‐century England1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 62(2), pages 350-365, May.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Steigert, Kyle W., 2006. "Imperfect Competition and Strategic Trade Theory: What Have We Learned?," Working Papers 201528, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- White, Lawrence J., 2000. "US telephone deregulation: lessons to be learned, mistakes to be avoided," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 173-183, May.
- Galbi, Douglas A., 2001. "Regulating prices for shifting between service providers," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 393-410, December.
- Galbi, Douglas A., 2001. "Regulating prices for shifting between service providers," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 181-198, June.
- Zheng, Shilin & Ward, Michael R., 2011. "The effects of market liberalization and privatization on Chinese telecommunications," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 210-220, June.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2006.
"Evidence on Imperfect Competition and Strategic Trade Theory,"
Staff Paper Series
498, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Reimer, Jeffrey J. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2006. "Evidence on Imperfect Competition and Strategic Trade Theory," Staff Papers 12609, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Kaserman, David L. & Mayo, John W., 1999. "Regulatory policies toward local exchange companies under emerging competition: guardrails or speed bumps on the information highway?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 367-388, December.
- John W. Mayo & David E. M. Sappington, 2016. "Regulation in a ‘Deregulated’ Industry: Railroads in the Post-Staggers Era," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 49(2), pages 203-227, September.
- Parsons, Steve G., 2014. "Using the Hicks formula to evaluate an estimate of the elasticity of derived demand for toll-free numbers," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 210-215.
- Stiegert, Kyle W. & Wang, Shinn-Shyr, 2003. "Imperfect Competition And Strategic Trade Theory: What Have We Learned," Working Papers 14589, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Zhang, Qiong & Yang, Hangjun & Wang, Qiang & Zhang, Anming, 2014. "Market power and its determinants in the Chinese airline industry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-13.
- Balmer, Roberto E., 2014. "Competition and market strategies in the Swiss fixed telephony market," 20th ITS Biennial Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2014: The Net and the Internet - Emerging Markets and Policies 106837, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Mixon Jr., Franklin G. & Hsing, Yu, 1997. "The determinants of market share for the 'dominant firm' in telecommunications," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 309-318, December.
- Patrick Massey, 2000. "Market Definition and Market Power in Competition Analysis - Some Practical Issues," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 31(4), pages 309-328.
- Balmer, Roberto, 2013. "Competition and Market Strategies in the Swiss Fixed Telephony Market. An estimation of Swisscom’s dynamic residual demand curve," MPRA Paper 54078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cory S. Capps & David Dranove & Shane Greenstein & Mark Satterthwaite, 2001. "The Silent Majority Fallacy of the Elzinga-Hogarty Criteria: A Critique and New Approach to Analyzing Hospital Mergers," NBER Working Papers 8216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Balmer, Roberto E., 2015. "Competition and market strategies in the Swiss fixed telephony market," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127123, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- James Alleman & Gary Madden & Scott Savage, 2003. "Dominant carrier market power in US international telephone markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 665-673.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:39:y:1996:i:2:p:499-517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.