The Causal Effect of Retirement on Health Services Utilization: Evidence from Urban Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bonsang, Eric & Klein, Tobias J., 2012.
"Retirement and subjective well-being,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 311-329.
- Bonsang Eric & Klein Tobias J., 2011. "Retirement and Subjective Well-Being," Research Memorandum 028, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Bonsang Eric & Klein Tobias J., 2011. "Retirement and Subjective Well-Being," ROA Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Bonsang, Eric & Klein, Tobias J., 2011. "Retirement and Subjective Well-Being," IZA Discussion Papers 5536, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hernaes, Erik & Markussen, Simen & Piggott, John & Vestad, Ola L., 2013. "Does retirement age impact mortality?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 586-598.
- repec:eee:joecag:v:1-2:y:2013:i::p:60-71 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnston, David W. & Lee, Wang-Sheng, 2009. "Retiring to the good life? The short-term effects of retirement on health," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 8-11, April.
- Kämpfen, Fabrice & Maurer, Jürgen, 2016. "Time to burn (calories)? The impact of retirement on physical activity among mature Americans," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 91-102.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:181:y:2017:i:c:p:122-130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Susann Rohwedder & Robert J. Willis, 2010. "Mental Retirement," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 119-138, Winter.
- Heller-Sahlgren, Gabriel, 2017. "Retirement blues," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 73079, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Butterworth, Peter & Gill, Sarah C. & Rodgers, Bryan & Anstey, Kaarin J. & Villamil, Elena & Melzer, David, 2006. "Retirement and mental health: Analysis of the Australian national survey of mental health and well-being," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 1179-1191, March.
- Imbens, Guido W. & Lemieux, Thomas, 2008.
"Regression discontinuity designs: A guide to practice,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 615-635, February.
- Guido Imbens & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Regression Discontinuity Designs: A Guide to Practice," NBER Working Papers 13039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Imbens & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Regression Discontinuity Designs: A Guide to Practice," NBER Technical Working Papers 0337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sukyung Chung & Marisa E. Domino & Sally C. Stearns, 2009. "The Effect of Retirement on Weight," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(5), pages 656-665.
- Heller Sahlgren, Gabriel, 2016. "Retirement Blues," Working Paper Series 1114, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 17 May 2017.
- Eve Caroli & Claudio Lucifora & Daria Vigani, 2016. "Is there a Retirement-Health Care utilization puzzle? Evidence from SHARE data in Europe," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def049, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:66-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- Padmaja Ayyagari, 2016. "The Impact of Retirement on Smoking Behavior," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 270-287, March.
More about this item
KeywordsRetirement; Health services utilization; Developing countries;
- C26 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Instrumental Variables (IV) Estimation
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2017-06-18 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2017-06-18 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2017-06-18 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2017-06-18 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2017-06-18 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:79693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.