Islamic Finance, Risk Sharing and Macroeconomic Policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mehra, Rajnish & Prescott, Edward C., 1985. "The equity premium: A puzzle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 145-161, March.
- Lorenz, Edward, 1999. "Trust, Contract and Economic Cooperation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 301-315, May.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- van Wincoop, Eric, 1999.
"How big are potential welfare gains from international risksharing?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 109-135, February.
- Eric Van Wincoop, 1998. "How big are potential welfare gains from international risksharing?," Staff Reports 37, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kose, M. Ayhan & Prasad, Eswar & Terrones, Marco E., 2007.
"How Does Financial Globalization Affect Risk Sharing? Patterns and Channels,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2903, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marco Terrones & Ayhan Kose & Eswar S Prasad, 2007. "How Does Financial Globalization Affect Risk Sharing? Patterns and Channels," IMF Working Papers 07/238, International Monetary Fund.
- Haque, Nadeem ul & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1999. "The Design of Instruments For Government Finance in An Islamic Economy," MPRA Paper 56028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huberman, Gur & Kandel, Shmuel & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1987. " Mimicking Portfolios and Exact Arbitrage Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 1-9, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 1065-1188, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ul Haque, Nadeem & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1999. "The Design Of Instruments For Government Finance In An Islamic Economy," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 6, pages 27-43.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1994. "Uninsured Idiosyncratic Risk and Aggregate Saving," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 659-684.
- Cho, Yoon Je, 1986. "Inefficiencies from Financial Liberalization in the Absence of Well-Functioning Equity Markets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 191-199, May.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007.
"Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters,"
wp153, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2008. "Financialization: What it is and Why it Matters," IMK Working Paper 04-2008, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Thomas I. Palley, 2007. "Financialization: What It Is and Why It Matters," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_525, Levy Economics Institute.
- M. Kabir Hassan & Mervyn K. Lewis (ed.), 2007. "Handbook of Islamic Banking," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3621.
- Haliassos, Michael & Bertaut, Carol C, 1995. "Why Do So Few Hold Stocks?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(432), pages 1110-1129, September.
- Mirakhor, Abbas, 2009. "Islamic Economics and Finance: An Institutional Perspective," MPRA Paper 56017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Choudhry, Nurun N. & Mirakhor, Abbas, 1997. "Indirect Instruments Of Monetary Control In An Islamic Financial System," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 4, pages 28-65.
- Evans, Peter, 1996. "Government action, social capital and development: Reviewing the evidence on synergy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1119-1132, June.
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1983. "The Origin of Predictable Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 560-595, September.
- Christian Gollier, 2004. "The Economics of Risk and Time," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262572249, January.
- M.N. Siddiqi, 2007. "Shariah,Economics And The Progress Of Islamic Finance: The Role Of Shariah Experts," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 15(1), pages 93-114, June.
- Albuquerque, Rui, 2003.
"The composition of international capital flows: risk sharing through foreign direct investment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 353-383, December.
- Rui Albuquerque, 2004. "The Composition of International Capital Flows: Risk Sharing Through Foreign Direct Investment," International Finance 0405004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Umer Chapra, 2007. "Challenges Facing the Islamic Financial Industry," Chapters,in: Handbook of Islamic Banking, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter Blair Henry, 2000. "Stock Market Liberalization, Economic Reform, and Emerging Market Equity Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 529-564, April.
- Torben M. Andersen, 2011. "Collective risk sharing: The social safety net and employment," Economics Working Papers 2011-02, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Bohn, Henning, 2009. "Intergenerational risk sharing and fiscal policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 805-816, September.
- Mirakhor, Abbas, 1993. "Equilibrium in a Non-Interest Open Economy," MPRA Paper 56011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Rajnish Mehra, 2006. "The Equity Premium in India," NBER Working Papers 12434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Rui Castro & Gian Luca Clementi & Glenn MacDonald, 2004. "Investor Protection, Optimal Incentives, and Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(3), pages 1131-1175.
- Leopoldo Fergusson, 2006. "Institutions for Financial Development: What are they and where do they come from?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 27-70, February.
- Murat Çizakça, 2011. "Islamic Capitalism and Finance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14345.
- Timothy Besley, 1995. "Nonmarket Institutions for Credit and Risk Sharing in Low-Income Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 115-127, Summer.
- Unknown, 2003. "Competing in the 21st Century," Amber Waves:The Economics of Food, Farming, Natural Resources, and Rural America, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, pages 1-2, April.
- Maria Brouwer, 2005. "Managing Uncertainty through Profit Sharing Contracts from Medieval Italy to Silicon Valley," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 9(3), pages 237-255, September.
- Wincoop, Eric van, 1994. "Welfare gains from international risksharing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 175-200, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Swastika, Purti & Dewandaru, Ginanjar & Masih, Mansur, 2013. "The Impact of Debt on Economic Growth: A Case Study of Indonesia," MPRA Paper 58837, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic finance; risk sharing; macroeconomic policy;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- P4 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems
- P40 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:56338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.